You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1. Peep Show vs Inbetweeners

Bjornebye

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1.   

82 members have voted

1. 1. The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1

I voted inbetweeners, I haven’t watched Peep Show, partly because I can’t fucking stand David Mitchell, But I’ve only ever seen him on them panel show comedy programmes. I take it it’s worth watching having seen this thread, looks like I’ll have to put my hatred to one side and give it a go. Not gonna be easy. 

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The strength of The Inbetweeners lies in it being far and away the most accurate portrayal of schooling in Britain ever seen on television, way more so than allegedly realistic shows like Grange Hill.

Briefcase Wanker literally happened to me, as my stupid mother thought it would be a good idea to send me to my new school with a satchel. Obviously everyone else had sports bags. The satchel lasted a fortnight before I upgraded to the regulation Head holdall, but I was Satchel Man for the next six months at least.

You're lucky SD,. A lad started first year seniors in grey shorts at our school , and I can assure you he would have killed for it to be forgotten in six months.

Peep Show. It was pretty original in it's day and Mitchell and Webb were a brilliant pairing. I can see why people don't like Mitchell in real life. You're not really supposed to like his character either.  Plus there's Super Hans, probably the best supporting role on a sitom ever.

The Inbetweeners is good as well like but not that close forme.

• 8 months later...

Caught the last 10 of The Inbetweeners episode when they bunk off school and get pissed. Arguably the funniest 10 minutes of all of them. Sick in the kids face then back to Simons house with the parents ..... "no no I'm not gay" "Its alright Kevin" "I'm not Gay!" 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Caught the last 10 of The Inbetweeners episode when they bunk off school and get pissed. Arguably the funniest 10 minutes of all of them. Sick in the kids face then back to Simons house with the parents ..... "no no I'm not gay" "Its alright Kevin" "I'm not Gay!" 

"Just because Kevin's gay that doesn't make him a paedophile"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

You missed the best line, you.... BUMDER.

Been watching this while doing my rowing and weights, it's still funny as fuck. Peep Show is up next- fantastic too.

On 16/03/2020 at 14:33, Strontium Dog™ said:

The strength of The Inbetweeners lies in it being far and away the most accurate portrayal of schooling in Britain ever seen on television, way more so than allegedly realistic shows like Grange Hill.

Briefcase Wanker literally happened to me, as my stupid mother thought it would be a good idea to send me to my new school with a satchel. Obviously everyone else had sports bags. The satchel lasted a fortnight before I upgraded to the regulation Head holdall, but I was Satchel Man for the next six months at least.

Were they all Head bags, Stronts?