Sign in to follow this  
Captain Turdseye

Post Some Choons Without Lyrics

Could pick about half a dozen of this fella’s tunes. Basically the This Is England soundtrack...the film and television spin-off all had one of these during the big emotional set pieces and montages.

Have kept missing getting tickets for him or only realising he’s been in the UK too late. Sitting there with a head full of weed and drifting out into the cosmos with this playing live would be ace.

• Upvote 1

This was played at the Andre Rieu concert me and the Mrs went to a couple of years ago. Incredible to hear it played live

7 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Could pick about half a dozen of this fella’s tunes. Basically the This Is England soundtrack...the film and television spin-off all had one of these during the big emotional set pieces and montages.

Have kept missing getting tickets for him or only realising he’s been in the UK too late. Sitting there with a head full of weed and drifting out into the cosmos with this playing live would be ace.

If we’re going down the film/TV score route, I’ve had this in my Spotify rotation since the day after the episode aired. 

Going on the Elton John/AWB principle that one refrain at the end of a tune doesn't disqualify it from being an instrumental, here's an odd thing I stumbled across.

You may or may not know what a ‘Stylophone’ is.

Turns out, The Stylophone Bowie used on his breakthrough 1969 hit “Space Oddity” was a joke present from his mate, Marc Bolan. Bowie sat down with it, and composed Space Oddity. Genius right there.

Here’s the isolated Stylophone / guitar track.