You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1. Blackadder vs Only Fools & Horses

Bjornebye

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1.  

96 members have voted

1. 1. The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1.

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Both are brilliant but Only Fools and Horses edges it for the great characters and sheer longevity. The specials are brilliant, too, especially To Hull and Back and Jolly Boys’ Outing.

The opposite reason I went for Blackadder Tone as it didnt go on longer than it needed to

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

The opposite reason I went for Blackadder Tone as it didnt go on longer than it needed to

Like all these things, it’s subjective, mate.

I did a list of my 16 favourite sitcoms of all time, which is considerably different from the various polls you find online. For example, I have Outnumbered and You Rang, M’Lord? in mine, which don’t feature in any of the top 15 - 20s elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

That frustrates me these days- really good comedies stop while they are doing well through fear of being typecast.

Hard to argue I guess when you see Freeman in The Hobbit and Crook in Pirates of The Caribbean after being relatively unknown in The Office.

That said, The American Office had something like 7 seasons and they all went on to other things

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

I fucking hate the cockney bullshit. 

Can't stand only fools and horses. 

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I hate, genuinely hate Ofah so it's Blackadder all day long.

56 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

Blackadder by Fucking Miles

These people got the correct answer.

• Upvote 1