You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Real Madrid make Sadio Mane their top transfer target

TLW

39 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Not sure how much sadio and mo get on to be fair. I mean Bobby is liked by both of them, but there isn't any great warmth from what I can see between them. 

However, it wouldn't be the first time that two lads in a very successful team weren't best mates and ultimately once they are doing the business on the pitch that is all that matters. Furthermore, I don't see either of them really wanting to leave us. They seem very at home and why wouldn't they.

This is just shit, This is 1 and 1 making 5. This is Eamonn Fatarse Holmes and his gormless wife making shit up on the couch. Just stop it.

On 15/03/2020 at 05:39, Numero Veinticinco said:

Why?

Every player has his price, even the greats, and to be honest £180m is probably getting pretty close.

Put it this way - if we got enough from selling Mane to fund Werner and Sancho, are you taking that deal? Depending on the relative wages involved, I might!

Mane is brilliant, but our forward line are all the same age and we definitely don't want to be going into the next few years needing to replace all three of them at once. Sancho's output is high enough at a good league to suggest that within a year or two he could be replacing Mane's, and if you add Werner (who I think is a potential superstar) to the mix we could get younger and better at the same time.

I'll admit it's not without risk but it's not a ridiculous idea.

5 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Put it this way - if we got enough from selling Mane to fund Werner and Sancho, are you taking that deal? Depending on the relative wages involved, I might!

No.

Sell Clyne, Lovren, Keita, Shaqiri, Origi, Wilson and Grujic, add it to the original transfer budget, and buy Werner and Sancho.

13 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Every player has his price, even the greats, and to be honest £180m is probably getting pretty close.

Mane is brilliant, but our forward line are all the same age and we definitely don't want to be going into the next few years needing to replace all three of them at once. Sancho's output is high enough at a good league to suggest that within a year or two he could be replacing Mane's, and if you add Werner (who I think is a potential superstar) to the mix we could get younger and better at the same time.

I'll admit it's not without risk but it's not a ridiculous idea.

We should have the funds to add one of those to the squad anyway. I want to build, not replace. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Doubt most clubs are going to spend much money this summer. Probably the quietest transfer window ever. Any sale like this now feels like it has 0% chance of happening.  

Take a look at nfl free agency in the states this week to see that you’re going to be wrong on that front.

9 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Take a look at nfl free agency in the states this week to see that you’re going to be wrong on that front.

NFL contracts are not fully guaranteed money. Football clubs are not going to be spending 100's of millions on single players this summer. No way. 

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

NFL contracts are not fully guaranteed money. Football clubs are not going to be spending 100's of millions on single players this summer. No way. 

Hundreds of millions of dollars worth of them are.

itll be suppressed somewhat, I’m sure, but assuming we get to a position where football has resumed enough to complete a season, money will fly about I’m certain.