You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Real Madrid make Sadio Mane their top transfer target

TLW

Real Madrid are determined to land star Liverpool forward Sadio Mane in the summer transfer window according to reports.

The Spanish giants and in particular their manager Zinedine Zidane have made no secret in their admiration for the superstar from Senegal.

The Sunday Mirror says that despite the 27 year-old having three years to run on his current deal, Real are quietly confident that they can land their man by offering a change of scenery and a exciting challenge.

It is thought any deal for Mane would be in the vicinity of £130-140 million.

The joint winner of the Golden boot from the 2018-9 season (22 goals) has again been a key factor in the success of the Reds this league campaign with 14 goals along with 7 assists.

His two goals were also a key factor in the Reds claiming the Super Cup against Chelsea in August.

mane3_600.jpg

His reputation to produce in big moments led former Man United and England central defender Rio Ferdinand to say recently:

"Mane’s been phenomenal. He’s the guy that normally scores first.

“Out of the three strikers Liverpool have, he’s the one I would least like to play against.

“He’s unpredictable, he’s sharp, he’s quick, he’s direct, clinical.

"Listen, they’re all great players but there’s just something different about him for me that I really, really love.”

While Madrid are naturally keen to add a player such as Mane to their ranks, there has been no indication whatsoever that Liverpool would want to part ways with one of their star man.

For his part, Mane seems very content in playing for a team who are in the midst of a very special era.

View full article

and then when you get to the last 2 lines it says...

there has been no indication whatsoever that Liverpool would want to part ways with one of their star man.

For his part, Mane seems very content in playing for a team who are in the midst of a very special era.

Typical Sunday Mirror guff. 

35 minutes ago, M_B said:

Will depend entirely on whether or not he wants to leave, which sounds obvious I know, but it's as simple as that.

This. Plus, the story of who is Real's 'top target' changes almost daily and on which paper you read. Given what's going on with the league at the moment, Im not surprised this story is being run by the daily manc. Im only surprised they have said Barcelona want van Dijk and re started the Mo to Juve link just for good measure.

In any event, even if Sadio does go, the suggestion that Real 'think' they can get him for £140m is laughable. Dont they know we rinsed Barcelona for more than that with Countinho and that was before we were World, European and English Champions.

• Upvote 1

His body language has looked really off lately. He looks pissed off and there are a few rumours that him and Salah aren't just at loggerheads over passing to each other but genuinely don't get on at all. 

I don't believe it as I'm sure Klopp wouldn't stand for it but something looks off. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

His body language has looked really off lately. He looks pissed off and there are a few rumours that him and Salah aren't just at loggerheads over passing to each other but genuinely don't get on at all. 

I don't believe it as I'm sure Klopp wouldn't stand for it but something looks off. 

During the game on Wednesday he said "Sorry, Mo" in a genuine, friendly way. It reassured me that they were all right, on a professional level at least.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Are u reading Richard key's articles coz he was the one suggesting it

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What about the late, great Eden Hazard, who plays in exactly the same position?

Like ones before him he went to Madrid as a world class footballer but has since turned into a world class hide and seek champion as he hasn't been seen since. 

57 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Are u reading Richard key's articles coz he was the one suggesting it

Absolutely not, didn't even know that little prick could write. 

I've a mate who works for BT Sport and according to him its the word amongst the pundits etc. He is a blue so I won't take it as gospel but he isn't that bitter a blue and isn't a liar either so who knows. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Absolutely not, didn't even know that little prick could write. 

I've a mate who works for BT Sport and according to him its the word amongst the pundits etc. He is a blue so I won't take it as gospel but he isn't that bitter a blue and isn't a liar either so who knows. 

Not sure how much sadio and mo get on to be fair. I mean Bobby is liked by both of them, but there isn't any great warmth from what I can see between them. 

However, it wouldn't be the first time that two lads in a very successful team weren't best mates and ultimately once they are doing the business on the pitch that is all that matters. Furthermore, I don't see either of them really wanting to leave us. They seem very at home and why wouldn't they.