You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time - Round 1. Dads Army vs Men Behaving Badly

Bjornebye

The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time  

65 members have voted

1. 1. The Funniest UK Sitcom Of All Time

I very much enjoyed men behaving badly at the time, as a young lad liking laddish beer drinking, bollocks talking, bird shagging bullshit.

but it’s aged horrendously and is now neither funny or socially relevant, and to be a classic either of one those must be true.

i don’t find dads army all that funny, but it’s stood the test of time much better so it gets the vote, though neither should be getting any further in this contest.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m gonna fucking kick off if Goonight Sweetheart isn’t one of the sixteen.

I used to love that as well. I'm not sure why they binned it off. The lady who played the part of the barmaid/pub owner was gorgeous. 

41 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m gonna fucking kick off if Goodnight Sweetheart isn’t one of the sixteen.

It isn’t I’m afraid. I loved it too but it just missed the cut. A few other decent ones did too. I’ve gone off about 20 top 50 of all time lists and mixed them together to make it as fair as possible. The only one I banished myself was Miranda 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Rising Damp. Faulty Towers. Open all hours, Blackadder, Steptoe etc etc Gordon.

All good comedies mate, Only Fools and Horses is classic though. All about personal preferences though. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It isn’t I’m afraid. I loved it too but it just missed the cut. A few other decent ones did too. I’ve gone off about 20 top 50 of all time lists and mixed them together to make it as fair as possible. The only one I banished myself was Miranda 

Just for fun, I did two lists of 16, one consisting of what I consider to be objectively the best 16 sitcoms of all time, the other, my favourite 16. The lists are quite different.

1 minute ago, Chip Butty said:

If you voted for MBB, then you really deserve no sympathy when your bird shags behind your back, you can never get served at the bar and you get face aids. 

Shut up and don't leave the house for 4 months you arl bastard.