You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wilson: I will have to make a decision on my future 

TLW

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Our bench on Saturday was Keita, Minamina, Lallana, Origi, Matip, Williams, Lonergan.

Lallana's off in the summer maybe even Divock although hopefully that means Werner or A.N. Other is his replacement. There's massive question marks over Keita's fitness. Frankly, Id have had Wilson on that bench ahead of Lallana, Keita and Divock but, he only needs to replace one.

But I expect we'll be buying at least two players this summer who'll be ahead of him and the bench on Saturday was weak in midfield because Henderson was unfit and Milner was covering for Robbo. I like Wilson but I think next season he'd be sixth choice attacker and eighth or ninth choice midfielder. 

4 hours ago, The Woolster said:

Would depend on who we sign for me, for instance is we signed Sancho, then it would be best for him to leave, but I am a big fan and think he could score a load of goals in this team.

Also depends on how much anyone offer for him as well I guess. If it is anything close to like £30m, I think its pretty hard to say no.

I actually think the another loan but to a decent team in the Bundesliga would be a good move for both parties. A high pressing team that is in Europe would be ideal. Perhaps if we are speaking to Leipzig about Werner, then Wilson could come into the conversation.

Based on how we have signed players in the past I cannot see us spending money on a 'possibly overhyped?' and overpriced English youngster. The value has to come from buying somebody with lesser of a profile in the UK,surely Shirley?

30 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Based on how we have signed players in the past I cannot see us spending money on a 'possibly overhyped?' and overpriced English youngster. The value has to come from buying somebody with lesser of a profile in the UK,surely Shirley?

I did say for instance, could be another wide forward.

However, any 19 year old who has double digit goals and assists 2 seasons running in a top 5 league deserves all of the hype.

3 hours ago, aws said:

But I expect we'll be buying at least two players this summer who'll be ahead of him and the bench on Saturday was weak in midfield because Henderson was unfit and Milner was covering for Robbo. I like Wilson but I think next season he'd be sixth choice attacker and eighth or ninth choice midfielder. 

Fair comment. Id like to see the lad stay here though.

He may be worth keeping just as someone who can put it in the top corner the odd time, but I don't know when he'd play outside domestic cups. Wouldn't seem like a wise career move from him to go from playing pretty regular football on loan to being extremely bit-part at 23 years old. If Shaqiri's not getting any time now, he doesn't really have a hope either. 

On 08/03/2020 at 13:26, aws said:

Good player but not good enough at the moment. He could still develop but waiting for a place on our bench isn't going to do him any favours. 

True.

I also think he's not the right type of player for the way we play. He'll be brilliant for somebody, just not us.

We should probably just give him to Bournemouth, to compensate for the absolute fortunes we took for Ibe, Smith and Solanke.