You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Self-isolation survival kit

Vincent Vega

It seems that bog roll is sending everyone mental. I’m thinking that the good people of TLW have more important priorities, but I’d like to know for sure.

So you bastards, what’s on your priority list when we’re ordered to self-isolate to protect the Brexit voting gammons of the UK?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

I am compiling a list - but I am not sure I understand the premise.

If I stay in my house for 14 days the virus disappears?

Yeah, I think the self-isolation period is 14 days unless you’ve actually got the lurgy, so just wondering what we all need to see that through based on not having to work from home, and believing you’ll come out of it in rude health.

5 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Yeah, I think the self-isolation period is 14 days unless you’ve actually got the lurgy, so just wondering what we all need to see that through based on not having to work from home, and believing you’ll come out of it in rude health.

So -- after 14 days I emerge.

Then what - I am immune forever?

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

So -- after 14 days I emerge.

Then what - I am immune forever?

Fucks sake stop complicating shit. You emerge into a dystopian world with large numbers of Brexit voting gammons dead, but you don’t know you’re going to survive ahead of your self-isolation. Prioritise what you need for 14 days not knowing what lies ahead.

Well I'm well stocked for hot toddy ingredients. 

I have enough meat in the freezer, add that to emergency meal replacement protein shakes and pancake mix and frozen berries. 

Got my xbox and ps4 with plenty of games. 

TV with subs to Amazon, Netflix, UFC

Got a fridge and small freezer in my games/Gym/Living room. 

Internet connection. 

Yeah I'm all good 

Problem is if I get it I'll end up in hospital to be bloody monitored 

I reckon not being able to leave the house for 14 days is harder than we can imagine. You’d definitely need a good supply of food in the fridge/freezer. Telly becomes quite  boring eventually, as does the internet/forums/social media. Playing with yourself is fun but doesn’t take very long. I can imagine I’d crack up pretty quickly. 

I do love a cracking PC/console game that gets you gripped. That would be my best hope of alleviating the boredom along with hos, televised sport, booze and Columbian marching powder. 

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I reckon not being able to leave the house for 14 days is harder than we can imagine. You’d definitely need a good supply of food in the fridge/freezer. Telly becomes quite  boring eventually, as does the internet/forums/social media. Playing with yourself is fun but doesn’t take very long. I can imagine I’d crack up pretty quickly. 

I do love a cracking PC/console game that gets you gripped. That would be my best hope of alleviating the boredom along with hos, televised sport, booze and Columbian marching powder. 

I've managed 4 months awake in a isolated hospital room, unable to get out of bed. 14 days is a walk in the park

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I've managed 4 months awake in a isolated hospital room, unable to get out of bed. 14 days is a walk in the park

So you were fully conscious and able to do as you please during that 4 months? If not, I’m unsure if it’s comparable to being told out of nowhere you can’t leave home or have contact with anyone. I was in intensive care myself when my appendix burst, and I had no thoughts about anything apart from getting better.

Fucks sake, this thread is meant to be some lighthearted relief and laughter at dickheads buying 6 months worth of bog roll and some people have to make out they’re John Rambo.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

So you were fully conscious and able to do as you please during that 4 months? If not, I’m unsure if it’s comparable to being told out of nowhere you can’t leave home or have contact with anyone. I was in intensive care myself when my appendix burst, and I had no thoughts about anything apart from getting better.

Fucks sake, this thread is meant to be some lighthearted relief and laughter at dickheads buying 6 months worth of bog roll and some people have to make out they’re John Rambo.

Rambo a fucking pussy

I've got a backlog of Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 that I bought recently. There's 200 hours and 8 full days, gone. 

For food, loads of them Flipz chocolate pretzels; currently on sale for £1 in the Co-op. I'll also need plenty of good quality coffee beans, bread, jam and peanut butter.

I would fucking love 14 days in self isolation, provided that the in-laws were having the kids. Not really drinking much anymore so don’t need any booze but I do like a cup of tea so not being able to get milk would be as much of a pain in the arse as using the paper out of the printer to wipe due to the global shortage of shit roll. 

Like others have said, there’s plenty of TV shows and games I need to catch up with and I’d have Bjornebye’s nightly meltdown to read on here every day. 

I like the idea of a desert island disc style list of what 8 things would you like left outside your door if you were quarantined for 2 weeks

From the top of my head

1. Milk

2. M&S Gold teabags

3. Cafe Direct Rich Roast coffee

4. Bread

5. This is harder than I thought 

8. Loo roll