You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Feb 29 - Mar 6 2020)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Feb 29:

Watford 3 L 0. Wow. If you’re going to lose an unbeaten record, may as well do it in stye I suppose, with an absolutely fucking brutal performance and a 3-0 spanking to a team in the relegation zone. I wasn’t shocked we lost because this was a tricky looking fixture given our current form. I never dreamed we’d lose like THIS though. 

Every single player was shite. That’s really hard to do as even in the worst performances there’s usually one or two who you can say were alright. Not this time though. They were all shit. Even Virgil. Even Robbo. Pure shit. So what does that mean? There has to be an explanation why everyone is out of form as that just doesn’t happen without a good reason. 

It’s no co-incidence that any time we have time off we come back looking like shite. Usually we get knocked out of the cup and go for warm weather training, and when we come back we start dropping points all over the gaff. This time is wasn’t warm weather training, it was the winter break. It’s the same result though, we come back looking completely undercooked.

Watford smashed us everywhere today. They were faster, stronger, hungrier. That hardly ever happens to this team but we were shit against Norwich, Atletico, West Ham and now today. What I can’t really process is that we’re getting worse. If we’d put a performance like this is as soon as we got back it would be easier to understand, but we’ve had four games to sharpen up and instead we’re getting worse.

Thankfully we’ve built up such a huge lead that it doesn’t matter, but the Atletico game is next week so that’s a worry. The unbeaten record going is a bit of a bummer like, but on the bright side it will make the rest of the season far less stressful now that we’ve got that defeat out of the way. And far better it be Watford beating us than City or Everton. They’d have loved to be the ones to ruin the record, but tough shit.

Sunday Mar 1:

What’s this shit with Besiktas’ twitter account taking little swipes at us? The other day they were taking the piss about the time they knocked us out of the Europa League and today they’re going on about how they (and Arsenal) are the only 'invincibles', and they’re tagging LFC into their tweets. These are the same cunts we beat 8-0. Get back in your box your fucking nobodies, trying to make a name for yourself at the expense of the Mighty Reds. 

Meanwhile, we’re being linked with “Eton Educated Jack Grealish” again today. Lallana is attracting interest from a few clubs and it seems to have all but been confirmed that he’s off at the end of the season, so the press are putting two and two together and coming up with Cantwell. I’ll say it again. Fuck that.

In other news today, City won the League Cup again. Surprisingly Villa put up a fight and made a game of it, but it wasn’t to be as the football Gods are still paying them back for this….

59d6f2a43c2ca4175504c3b119e014f3_crop_north.jpg

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Not wanting to defend those imbeciles but I don’t think anyone drops the N bomb I think somebody is shouting Lingard and he then shouts it as well but that stupid road man southern/manc accent makes it sound like he does.  There would have been an instant reaction by someone in that crowd if he had done.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, The Guest said:

Not wanting to defend those imbeciles but I don’t think anyone drops the N bomb I think somebody is shouting Lingard and he then shouts it as well but that stupid road man southern/manc accent makes it sound like he does.  There would have been an instant reaction by someone in that crowd if he had done.

It sounded pretty clear I thought, but it did shock me that someone would be so brazen to yell it out like that so maybe you're right. I hope so.

• dave u unpinned this topic