You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (H) Champions League 11/3/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Gutted because we played well and had a good tempo from the start. The longer it went on and the amount of chances we missed I thought we would get done by these snides.

Adrian was absolutely pathetic for the first goal and has Mignolet syndrome in that any shot on goal normally goes in. Pissed off because we are more than capable of beating who is left in the competition.

Just hope we absolutely batter Everton on Monday and win next Saturday. 

Even though it's been an amazing season things definitely need shaking up in the summer, cant get away with buying a couple of teenagers for less than £7m this time. 

Good post get your point about the transfers this year however Klopp couldn't have predicted Div,Shaq,Keita alone in a small squad have contributed a sum total of zero this season to date. Again I was a risk worth taking if we land his chosen targets this summer . 

I feel quite philosophical about it still this morning.  If we can get the league done at least we won't be ending the season gutted that we lost in the semi or final of the CL.   

My only concerns are getting the two wins and corona fucking virus. 

15 minutes ago, deiseach said:

And that's why I avoid watching the Reds on the telly. Win, it's usually good although often just misery avoided. Lose...fuck that.

Do you keep up to date with the score during the game or blank it out completely until the final score? I reckon I'd be more nervous avoiding it.

23 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Do you keep up to date with the score during the game or blank it out completely until the final score? I reckon I'd be more nervous avoiding it.

I get something productive done. We've a viewing on the house today so it gave me chance to run the vacuum cleaner around, take the boxers down from the curtains etc. I checked the half-time full-time scores. Seeing it at 2-2 the way I did was much less of a kick in the stones than watching it.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We are a far far better side than them, not having any masterclass shite. We missed too many chances and what can you say about Adrian.

In short. Shit happens. I dont think much fault can be attributed to the performance. Dont even think it needs to be analyzed. Just an unfortunate outcome that we didnt really deserve. 

• Upvote 1

Great performance just one of those nights I wasn't actually arsed about Adrian's kick as it travelled a fair distance and all keepers even Allison fuck up occasionally when clearing the ball it was the pathetic attempt to save it that pissed me off more.

Agree with what a earlier poster said it had that feeling last night that he wasn't going to save anything

Hopefully he clears his head and people at the club and the fans at the pit get behind me him as we'll need him for that game....At least both sets of fans/players will be nervous with their keepers

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

When that little dot starts flashing next to Liverpool it is better than a soapy tit job.

I don’t use the app, I just view it in safari. It’s pretty small on my on my and my eyesight isn’t a great as it once was. Checked the score last night and somehow managed to misread 2-2 as 3-1.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Hurts this morning 

Especially given how it happened - we really should be in last 8 now and it is gutting we aren't.

They offered fuck all until we gave them a gift wrapped lifeline.

Sickening.

I can console myself with the fact that we performed like European champions and made every bitter cunt who rubbished us look daft. Every team left in it will be totally relieved that we were somehow knocked out.

11 hours ago, an tha said:

Had a look myself:

Just had a look myself.

https://about.futurelearn.com/blog/covid-19-how-does-coronavirus-compare-to-other-outbreaks

Swine flu numbers:

Swine flu is the same strain of flu that wiped out 1.7% of the global population in 1918. It was declared a pandemic again in June 2009, and an estimated 11-21% of the world population contracted it. 

Fortunately, the CFR is considerably lower than in the previous pandemic, with 0.1-0.5% of cases resulting in death. 18,500 of these deaths were laboratory-confirmed, but estimates are as high as 151,700-575,400 globally. 

50-80% of severe cases were found in people who had underlying conditions such as pregnancy, asthma, diabetes, and cardiovascular disorders. 

Compared to swine flu, coronavirus:

• is less widespread
  • has caused fewer deaths
  • has a higher CFR
  • has a longer incubation period
  • affects young people less 

So those bullet point don't really provide anything do they? It being less wide spread, well obviously, it's just started. Caused fewer deaths, the same. And things like "it affects young people less" does that mean it affects everyone else more? 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

So those bullet point don't really provide anything do they? It being less wide spread, well obviously, it's just started. Caused fewer deaths, the same. And things like "it affects young people less" does that mean it affects everyone else more? 

People who post numbers comparing Coronavirus to the Swine Flu or Influenza to play it down are clueless and shouldn't be taken seriously.