You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (H) Champions League 11/3/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Hearing the wankfest over Oblak I thought he was lucky with lots of shots he parried out, no way I'd have him over Ali.

I would prefer a keeper who parties it over not saving it at all

I thought he was brilliant. Alisson is probably better, as you say he makes it looks easy and allows far less rebounds. Still think Oblak had a brilliant game, and is a class act. Imagine if the teams had swapped keepers tonight, what would the score have been?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

Suck my dick. First thing you did after we won number 6 was to have a go at 3 Stacks!! Embarrassing.

Oh look, the person who claims he never gets personal. Your mask has slipped you condescending gobshyte. 

10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Much improved for 105 minutes, then completely switched off for the last 15, when there was still a game to be won.

"Mentality monsters" my arse.

I'm not sure it was a mentality thing. A team with the best will and desire in the world would still struggle to break down a back 9, which is what they went to in the second half of extra time. They just sat in and launched it clear. 

It was a massive ask to get 2 goals in the 15 minutes that were left. 

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I thought he was brilliant. Alisson is probably better, as you say he makes it looks easy and allows far less rebounds. Still think Oblak had a brilliant game, and is a class act. Imagine if the teams had swapped keepers tonight, what would the score have been?

Agree entirely.

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Oh look, the person who claims he never gets personal. Your mask has slipped you condescending gobshyte. 

I was having an argument with Jairzinho...not sure why you had butt in calling me a “man child”, and now “condescending gobshite”. Are you sure it’s MY mask that is slipping?

• Downvote 1

I had accepted that Adrian wasn't the best shot stopper, hard to get top quality to sit on the bench.

My main issue is his dogshit distribution, often when he plays the ball out it's to a defender who is being marked, he creates pressure when there's no need. He did it vs Chelsea leading to a goal, Bournemouth he got away with it a few times but nearly cost us, happened a few times today before they scored, and then the obvious one for the goal. 

I can't blame him for their second, the defence shouldn't have even let that shot happen, and it went right in the bottom corner, Alisson has let in worse shots than that. 

Third was shite shot stopping, but didn't matter at that point anyway.

No point trying to dress this up as due to poor finishing, substitutions, switching off etc. It was a goalkeeping nightmare that's cost us tonight.

He was already a bag of nerves. From the fumble, to the kick, to the saveable shots flying in, it was a night to forget for the keeper. Others could've perhaps played better; Adrian couldn't have played worse.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Much improved for 105 minutes, then completely switched off for the last 15, when there was still a game to be won.

"Mentality monsters" my arse.

Bit harsh mate. It's been a hard season, most players in the league are fucked with all the games they have to play, not just ours. We just ran out of gas for the last period of extra time while not being in the best of form. To be honest, I thought we played very well with only the finishing being off.

And I dont care how mentally strong players are, it's a real kick in the nads when your keeper has let 3 soft goals in on the night.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You did first! I was having an argument with Jairzinho...not sure why you butted in calling me a “man child”.

You are always butting in, give it a rest and maybes people won't respond in kind. The fact you used the highlighted line proves you are a man child, but hey, you do it in the nicest possible way, according to you! Stop thinking you are Mr perfect and definitely stop being a condescending prick. I have no doubt that you'll be holding a grudge for ages now, it's how you operate. 

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

No point trying to dress this up as due to poor finishing, substitutions, switching off etc. It was a goalkeeping nightmare that's cost us tonight.

He was already a bag of nerves. From the fumble, to the kick, to the saveable shots flying in, it was a night to forget for the keeper. Others could've perhaps played better; Adrian couldn't have played worse.

Should have given Lonergan the last period of extra time! What a story that would have been for the lad.

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

You are always butting in, give it a rest and maybes people won't respond in kind. The fact you used the highlighted line proves you are a man child, but hey, you do it in the nicest possible way, according to you! Stop thinking you are Mr perfect and definitely stop being a condescending prick. I have no doubt that you'll be holding a grudge for ages now, it's how you operate. 

1. Man child
2. Condescending prick

3. Gobshite

Yep it is my mask that is slipping and I wasn’t even talking to you. 

• Downvote 1