You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (H) Champions League 11/3/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Just now, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Did I say doom and gloom?

Just pointing out the weaknesses in our squad.

Fair enough, but writing a list that long about the weaknesses of the runaway league leaders and consecutive champions league finalists seconds after we’ve lost our first home game in about a decade sounds a bit much to me.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

I know it was the FA Cup but the cunt cost us in that as well. 

Out of two competitions in 2 weeks thanks to that clown. 

The cunt just doesn't know how to play in goal. The way he dives and holds his arms out. It's retarded

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, viRdjil said:

Just telling it as it is. It’s what you do. You make excuses for shithouse players, especially from the continent, all the fucking time. 

You're being a bell end, worst person on here for typing shit about players then have the audacity to have a pop at others. Another man child. 

1 minute ago, Colt Seavers said:

Hearing the wankfest over Oblak I thought he was lucky with lots of shots he parried out, no way I'd have him over Ali.

I would prefer a keeper who parties it over not saving it at all

I didn't think he was all that.  We tried our best to kick the ball at him for most of the match and he nearly fucked that up several times.

Think we put in a great effort, and a good performance against an opponent that know how to defend, and have a world class goalie.

Finishing not quite good enough of course, and we totally collapsed after their first. Which is understandable after seeing all our good work finally rewarded, and then undone seconds later by Adrian. He simply isn’t any better, so no reason blaming him. We obviously should  have a better second choice keeper, but there you go can’t have it all can we.

Up the Reds, we go again in Europe next season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Much improved for 105 minutes, then completely switched off for the last 15, when there was still a game to be won.

"Mentality monsters" my arse.

They didn't switch off for 15 minutes, they just couldn't get anything going, were trying to force it and before you know it 11 minutes has passed and you know it's not happening.  So we switched off for the last few minutes.  

Obviously in some people's eyes (yours) that seemingly undoes all the good work and mental toughness of the last two years. 

Not very balanced really. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

You're being a bell end, worst person on here for typing shit about players then have the audacity to have a pop at others. Another man child. 

Suck my dick. First thing you did after we won number 6 was to have a go at 3 Stacks!! Embarrassing.

• Downvote 2

That’s been coming. Too many wins when playing shite since Christmas and we go and play like we know we can and get beat. I hope Klopp gives them a fucking hiding in that dressing room. Not going to single players out for it, they have all been superb and shit at times this season. Play like that on Monday and we win the Derby. Get this fucking title sewn up. 

Forza anyone but City in the champions league 

• Upvote 1

Very very very tough to take. Mainly because of that massive shithouse manager and their gobshite players. Credit to them though for keeping their cool when they went behind.

Oxlade, Mo, Henderson and Gini were great. Trent superb going forward, and the centre backs totally in control. 

Before their first goal I was worried when Adrian got the ball because he’d been shit with his feet all night and looked scared to come out or make a short pass, but I didn’t expect that shit, or him falling in a heap when the shot came in. Trent just let the scorer go.

Their second comes from a clear foul on Gini that allows them to break. It totally kills the game. A good finish and

the fact that Alisson might have got it doesn’t mean that it’s shit not to save it. 

I still thought we might have a chance but throwing bling balls into the box was never going to cut it.

There’s been a lot of talk about poor finishing but we worked their keeper time and time again and there were no glaring sitters.

If only Bobby’s goal had come just before full time.

We’re the best team in Europe by some distance and that’s what really hurts. We had a chance to build a legacy and really dominate this competition and we haven’t taken it, but great Liverpool sides went out of Europe earlier in 79, 82 and 83. We’ll be back.

Now let’s dry bum the blue shite into oblivion. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Hardest trophy to defend, it is was it is. Can't fault the effort, just needed a bit more composure in front of goal at times and 9 times out of ten Adrian puts his laces through that ball, fuck knows why he tried to pass it into the M/F where they had players lurking, fucking stupid. Those cunts think they've won something already with all their celebrating, hope they get Bayern and lose the first leg 7-0, fucking cunts. 

He didn't try to pass it. It was an attempted clearance to make it worse. We're allowed to be pissed off more than usual tonight. We played well, finished poorly and then got undone by a keeper who's not allison. 

It's karius all over again. It's a kick in the bollix and all this virus crap is taking away from our potential parade and proper enjoyment of this season.

We wanted the league above all else so let's celebrate it when we win it like we should. 

Fuck tonight. We've been fucking brilliant for 99% of this season and we will be worthy champions.

A lot to like about the performance. We battered them until they got their first goal.

However, I hate blaming individuals but we were wasteful at times up front and ultimately Adrian cost us the game. If it had been a young lad like Kelleher, I would cut him a little more slack, but he's a seasoned professional.

We need a bona fida top class number 2 for next season. The Mancs have it with Romero, who is very decent for a stand in.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Jenson said:

That's what reserve goalkeepers do for you. Alisson in goal and that ends 2=0

We'll never know for sure, but we'd have had a better chance. Adrian won't have to be called on too much longer. Thankfully the league isn't tight as results like that could be devastating, but with the lead that we have the lads should be able to take things in their stride and play with the same intensity. 

2 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Think we put in a great effort, and a good performance against an opponent that know how to defend, and have a world class goalie.

Finishing not quite good enough of course, and we totally collapsed after their first. Which is understandable after seeing all our good work finally rewarded, and then undone seconds later by Adrian. He simply isn’t any better, so no reason blaming him. We obviously should  have a better second choice keeper, but there you go can’t have it all can we.

Up the Reds, we go again in Europe next season.

Just about spot on saved me another post.