You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (H) Champions League 11/3/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Well that's a pisser. Had a feeling Bobby would pop up with the winner but, you cannot play at this level with a keeper who shits his pants like that.

I dont get what it is with professional footballers. Score a goal then you let the oppos score within a couple of minutes. Just put your laces through a ball and clear your lines.

Oh that's just pathetic keeping there on that 3rd goal. We didnt deserve to lose this game.

Guest Pistonbroke

Fucking gutted. Thought we played well and created enough chances to win in normal time. Started off well in ET but fell apart after Adrians brainfart and then the ref turning into a cunt, two fould before they scored their second and that killed us.

Don't want to sound bitter but I hope these cunts get battered in the next round, horrible bastards. Simeone can fuck off as well, the fucking tramp. 

I feared the worst when we didn't score an away goal, always felt we'd need to score three to progress, it's disappointing but there are no guarantees at this level. It could be worse - we could be any other club in the country. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

3 things needed in the summer.

Need a keeper to replace Adrian.

Need another CB to replace Lovren.

Need a Henderson Mk 2.

Need a proper striker.

Trim the rest of the squad.

Lallana will be off. I'd even consider getting rid of Naby too.

Not having the above has cost us in the past few weeks.

Grow a pair of balls lad. 

I remember sitting on the kop when we lost to benfica after 2005 and applauding them for being miles better than us.

these lot weren’t better than us at all. But sometimes it goes this way.

shit result: just the latest kick in my bollocks. But let’s not pretend it’s doom and gloom.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely gutting.

Especially given how we worked so hard to eventually wear them down and get our noses in front and fact they had zero threat.

Then absolutely pathetic stuff from Adrian gifted them the tie.

He's never looked convincing here and is simply not good enough for what we are/aspire to be.

An absolutely gutting result, especially to a team full of shithouses like these.

Really, really hard to take, really fucking hard.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moo said:

Well played tonight reds, shame about the GK but good to see a much improved performance all round. 

Much improved for 105 minutes, then completely switched off for the last 15, when there was still a game to be won.

"Mentality monsters" my arse.

6 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Remember when he came in and we didn’t lose a single game in the league despite thinking our season could be on the rocks inside the first month?

remember how that led to us having a practically insurmountable lead by the time Alisson came back in?

remember how we’re gonna win the league?

I suggest you remember.

Nah, Bob... Lovren's not playing... so we have to kick someone.

It's The Liverpool Way.

We've been hoping for Adrian to fuck up since he arrived.  And the lad's delivered.

We're gonna win the League, indeed.

• Upvote 1

We’re out. 

Maybe it’s for the best. Bringing home the Premier League Title is the biggest moment for this club in the last 30 years. We’ve got to go to Goodison next and it won’t be a cake walk.

Realistically, we just haven’t been clinical enough to win the game. It should have been done and dusted at 90. Extra time was just a killer. 

The boys played their hearts out, but finishing cost us dearly.

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I remember sitting on the kop when we lost to benfica after 2005 and applauding them for being miles better than us.

shit result: just the latest kick in my bollocks. But let’s not pretend it’s doom and gloom.

Did I say doom and gloom?

Just pointing out the weaknesses in our squad.

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Good post.

Just now, Aventus said:

I wouldn't have Karius back, I'd take mingolet though. 

If we could get the Karius that played in the six months up to the final I'd snap your hands off right now. 

I can't even imagine why, in that situation, Adrian wouldn't just have taken a touch. Not going to slag the guy off as he's made some great saves over the season, but he's the only reason this has happened. Yeah there were other mistakes and poor defending of the break, but fucking hell...

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Hardest trophy to defend, it is was it is. Can't fault the effort, just needed a bit more composure in front of goal at times and 9 times out of ten Adrian puts his laces through that ball, fuck knows why he tried to pass it into the M/F where they had players lurking, fucking stupid. Those cunts think they've won something already with all their celebrating, hope they get Bayern and lose the first leg 7-0, fucking cunts.