You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (H) Champions League 11/3/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

I was pretty bullish after the first leg but I'm concerned now. We're playing so badly and these had us rattled last time. In fact, we've gone to shit since that game really. Fearing the worst but hoping for the best. Certainly going to be a tense evening 

Referee will be important.  If he's competent enough not to fall for their snide shit, they're fucked. If he's as crap as the last ref, it will be tricky. 

The way we have been playing, this won't go well. Its ridiculous for me because I watched these in October against Bilbao live. They were shit. Nothing about them. Nothing exciting, nothing great defensively and nothing down the wings. Boring as fuck. 

Am I scared that sides have found out that a 3/5 then a 3 then a 5 with 2 holding midfielders is nullifying our best play is going to stop this Red army? Yes. Thank fuck the title is nearly sorted. 

Klopp needs to work his magic, the crowd needs to be at its partizan best and the ref needs to be awake to snide cunts. 

Get through this tie and we wont have a harder one. 

I look at both Liverbirds every day. The bird looking at the sea protecting us from Birkenhead. And the one looking back protecting us from Manchester. 

These are shite. Twat them Reds this is our big ears. 

• Upvote 1

Probably bite me on the arse now, but fuck it - i think these are shite and we'll batter them.

We are long overdue a 20/25 min spell where we blitz a side and i reckon it is coming on Weds and they won't be able to cope.

They really aren't all that and us at full tilt roared on by a baying Kop will be too much for them

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Trumo said:

Cohesion. Obduracy. Limitless ambition. Accuracy. Ruthlessness. Lucidity. Order. Shithousery-from-our-lads. Energy. Nous. Efficiency. Liberty. Bravery. Audacity. Skill. Tenacity. Awareness. Relentlessness. Dynamism. Obsession.

I don't ask for much.

Everyone thinks that Atletico will simply sit back and frustrate, and that will true for the most part. Expect plenty of shithousery as that is something Spanish sides, and Atletico in particular, are well versed in. They might (don't laugh) actually try to play and create one or two chances on the counter.

Whatever they do, we'd better have an answer for it, as well as demonstrating why we are the reigning European champions and why we have a substantial lead in the Premier League.

Fucking hell Trumo. I had to write that one down and then try to remember my Spanish. Thank fuck there's no Greeks left for the next round.

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The way we have been playing, this won't go well. Its ridiculous for me because I watched these in October against Bilbao live. They were shit. Nothing about them. Nothing exciting, nothing great defensively and nothing down the wings. Boring as fuck. 

Am I scared that sides have found out that a 3/5 then a 3 then a 5 with 2 holding midfielders is nullifying our best play is going to stop this Red army? 

Teams have figured out putting 13/14 players behind the ball is the most effective way to stop us?

46 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The player who has the whistle is usually their key to beating us.

Who is going to be whistle holder in chief for this one? 

I want to look at previous games he's reffed so I can get my excuses in early. 

Teams have been playing nine at the back against us for the last two years. What has happened is that our front three have all been out of sorts at the same time particularly Firmino. The little flicks and one-twos which were regularly ripping up defenses are now not  accurate enough. Thankfully Salah seems to be hitting the groove again and Mane is usually quick to recover from bad patches.  Firmino is the one who worries me most but if the other two are firing then that should be enough. 

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Am I scared that sides have found out that a 3/5 then a 3 then a 5 with 2 holding midfielders is nullifying our best play is going to stop this Red army? Yes. Thank fuck the title is nearly sorted. 

Klopp needs to work his magic, the crowd needs to be at its partizan best and the ref needs to be awake to snide cunts. 

Get through this tie and we wont have a harder one. 

I look at both Liverbirds every day. The bird looking at the sea protecting us from Birkenhead. And the one looking back protecting us from Manchester. 

These are shite. Twat them Reds this is our big ears. 

The trouble is that every cunt under the sun massively ups they're game against us now. 

They've playing against the best team in the world. Half those fuckers in the Relagation spots wouldn't be there if they played every game like the play against us. 

With these cunts though you can add snidy time wasting and general cuntishness. We just need to get stuck in and win the tie.

22 minutes ago, aws said:

Teams have been playing nine at the back against us for the last two years. What has happened is that our front three have all been out of sorts at the same time particularly Firmino. The little flicks and one-twos which were regularly ripping up defenses are now not  accurate enough. Thankfully Salah seems to be hitting the groove again and Mane is usually quick to recover from bad patches.  Firmino is the one who worries me most but if the other two are firing then that should be enough. 

There definitely seems to be a new, more specific trend of not allowing TAA and Robbo any space whatsoever in the opposition half. Atletico did it well and Watford and Chelsea copied the template. You’d back Klopp to have something new in mind for Wednesday though. 

Without Alisson, Atletico will have a much better chance of scoring if they attack us on Wednesday than they might have had, but we’re also more likely to score if they actually have a go at us and leave a few spaces open. 

4 hours ago, redheart said:

I have a bad feeling about this one.

Henderson starts but gets put out for 6 months when he gets hurt by someone rolling around play acting.  Firminho get tripped up by his own tattoos.

We lose 2-0

download.gif