You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (H) Champions League 11/3/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Into these snide cheating bastards. 

I want loads of making the most of tackles, pressure on the ref, crowd influencing and to knock them out at their own shitty game. 

Or a simple first half  blitz leading to a 3-0 win

The thing that's hard with them is that they're tough to press because they have two outlets up front and they have players with technique and composure to bring the ball out (and incessant play-acting). They're also super fit so they're hard to physically dominate like we can do to most sides.

I'd play Keita or Lallana, fitness permitting. I don't see the point of having our usual workhorse European midfield against these.

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Hate these twats. Hope a few of them lose their heads and get red cards. I mean Atletico by the way. 

Yup. I can’t stand them. I genuinely feel sorry for genuine football fans in Spain. Their football culture is in an appalling state at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

Did us on away goals in 2010 didn’t they, to avoid our changing of the managerial guard happening in a european final.

Could see us scoring a goal or two and them grabbing one to put us on the brink, as happened last time. Do think we would get that extra late goal this time though, if it went to 2-2 on aggregate.

Going to be horribly close and tense.

19 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Yup. I can’t stand them. I genuinely feel sorry for genuine football fans in Spain. Their football culture is in an appalling state at the moment. 

Its anti football. Wouldn't mind if they were full of twats like Fashanu and Vinny Jones but they have some really talented players.

Hope we’ve spent three weeks perfecting natural falling over and realistic injury playacting. Hope we outshithouse these shithouse cunts. Get stuck into them. Feign injury at every tackle. Get in the ref’s and fourth officials faces.

20 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Hope we’ve spent three weeks perfecting natural falling over and realistic injury playacting. Hope we outshithouse these shithouse cunts. Get stuck into them. Feign injury at every tackle. Get in the ref’s and fourth officials faces.

Yeah, hope we go full cunt.

43 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Fucking worst team in the world to go one nil down to.

There's a reason why we're European and world champions, and they're scrapping for top 4 in a 2 team league. 

If anybody is having doubts or pessimistic thoughts... 

1582099235030.png

• Upvote 2

Cohesion. Obduracy. Limitless ambition. Accuracy. Ruthlessness. Lucidity. Order. Shithousery-from-our-lads. Energy. Nous. Efficiency. Liberty. Bravery. Audacity. Skill. Tenacity. Awareness. Relentlessness. Dynamism. Obsession.

I don't ask for much.

Everyone thinks that Atletico will simply sit back and frustrate, and that will true for the most part. Expect plenty of shithousery as that is something Spanish sides, and Atletico in particular, are well versed in. They might (don't laugh) actually try to play and create one or two chances on the counter.

Whatever they do, we'd better have an answer for it, as well as demonstrating why we are the reigning European champions and why we have a substantial lead in the Premier League.

• Upvote 2