You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

WWF Draft Semi Final Group 1 - Please Vote

Bjornebye

Pick your best team   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your best team

Please pick your favourite selection of teams from below. 1 vote per person. If you took part in the draft you CAN NOT vote for your own team but MUST vote in both groups. 

It is encouraged to give reasons why you have voted the way you have. 

Voting will end on Monday Midday and the top side will go into the final. 

REMMIE

- Hulk Hogan

- The Ultimate Warrior 

- Kurt Angle 

- Rey Mysterio

- The Million Dollar Man

- Edge

- Chris Benoit

- Shane McMahon

- The British Bulldog

- Demolition (Tag Team) 

Scott

- Ric Flair

- Brock Lesner

- The Rock & Sock Connection (Tag-Team) 

- Goldberg

- CM Punk

- Daniel Bryan

- Yokozuna

- Diesel / Kevin Nash

- Rob Van Dam

- Booker T

Lee

- The Rock

- Macho Man Randy Savage

- Sting

- Ricky the Dragon Steamboat

- Ravishing Rick Rude

- The British Bulldogs (Tag Team) 

- Ron Simmons

- Bray Wyatt

- Kerry Von Erich

- Jushin 'Thunder' Liger

Dynamite 

- The Undertaker 

- John Cena

- Chris Jericho 

- Eddie Guerrero

- William Regal 

- The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart) 

- Randy Orton

- Bob Backlund

- AJ Styles

- Mark Henry

This was very close as there were things I liked and dislikes about all 3 teams so couldn't make a decision straight away. I liked the strength through Scott's list and his last 3 are great choices but his first few picks were not amongst my favourites. So while it's an excellently balanced blend and be popular with others it ended up being between Lee and Dynamite for my choice. Lee had some great choices that I wanted, the Rock, Bray Wyatt, Macho Man and Ron Simmons. Ultimately I had to go for Dynamite who had the best tag team and maintained a high standard despite a couple dubious picks. Lee and Scott were not far behind though, this was a very tough pick

Don't t think Scott pick getting enough credit. Alot of big men in there but some good picks.  Yokozuna for instance, when he first entered wrestling was extremely agile for his size. 

Gone with Dynamite as imo his 'worst picks' are better. I think the newer wrestlers might got get the credit they deserve, same as some before WWF peak and foreign stars. 

Obviously can't vote for myself but I do think if you just wanted to make a event you'd be hard pushed to better matches than with the guys I picked.

Undertaker gets my vote.

All strong selections (can't be voting for Benoit though), not mad about Cena and remember Henry being a bit of a match-killer after his NoD days. But Dynamite's is the strongest overall, headed up by the greatest WWF performer ever for me.

Been watching the WWE series on the Ruthless Agression era just post the attitude era. 

Really like the one on Cena and he goes through his early struggles and dropping the ball after they set him up to be the man and having to sort himself out and go again. Seems a legit good guy, very much the company man in terms of setting the standard and working with kids etc. 

Big Show said on his Stone cold interview he things Cena is the strongest guy he's ever worked with. Said other might lift a little more etc but overall when Cena lifted him he was so strong through his whole body and core there was no wobble and how safe he felt. 

Its been a good series. 

Never really been a fan of Brock Lesnar but got to respect how he has managed to get the wwe bending over to suite him. I don't think it's right but he isn't really interested in wrestling at the expense of his personal life. 

I’ve gone for Dynamite as he has an outstanding top order. 

I couldn’t vote for Remmie because Shane O’Mac - he’s fucking shite. I view him worse than Beniot. 

Lee has to many at the end I’d never heard of. 

I also think I’ve been under appreciated. IMO, I’ve gone for a good balance between big guys and personalities. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I couldn’t vote for Remmie because Shane O’Mac - he’s fucking shite. I view him worse than Beniot. 

I also think I’ve been under appreciated. IMO, I’ve gone for a good balance between big guys and personalities. 

I think this is the tougher side of the draw and you were unlucky

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

You were 2nd place for me. Just missing that top line name for me. There's no denying how great Flair was and is as an icon, but I just never saw him work at his peak so he can't really compete against Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold, Bret, Michaels etc.

Such a tight group this. In the end it was a choice between Remmie and Scott for me, and finally it came down to the fact the of all the wrestlers picked by Remmie & Scott, the wrestler I least liked is/was The Ultimate Warrior.

As a kid watching Warrior, you couldn't help but love the ring entrance and the energy he brought, but as I got older and read a few stories, in books or online, by wrestlers who had run-ins with Warrior, his aura started to wain, to the point where he's actually become one of my least favourite wrestlers of all time. Andre The Giant couldn't stand Warrior, and he was one of the nicest people ever to be involved in wrestling.

As such, Scott has my vote, but this was a super tight group and any one of us could deservedly have ended up victorious.

7 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Such a tight group this. In the end it was a choice between Remmie and Scott for me, and finally it came down to the fact the of all the wrestlers picked by Remmie & Scott, the wrestler I least liked is/was The Ultimate Warrior.

As a kid watching Warrior, you couldn't help but love the ring entrance and the energy he brought, but as I got older and read a few stories, in books or online, by wrestlers who had run-ins with Warrior, his aura started to wain, to the point where he's actually become one of my least favourite wrestlers of all time. Andre The Giant couldn't stand Warrior, and he was one of the nicest people ever to be involved in wrestling.

As such, Scott has my vote, but this was a super tight group and any one of us could deservedly have ended up victorious.

I loved him as a kid but agree that I too have read a few things recently about him that don't cast him in a great light. Proper racist wasn't he? Also a shit wrestler but you don't notice that as a kid when your stood on the back of the couch pulling the curtains off to his entrance tune. I actually did that when I was about 7 and got absolutely battered. Completely worth it. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I loved him as a kid but agree that I too have read a few things recently about him that don't cast him in a great light. Proper racist wasn't he? Also a shit wrestler but you don't notice that as a kid when your stood on the back of the couch pulling the curtains off to his entrance tune. I actually did that when I was about 7 and got absolutely battered. Completely worth it. 

Yep, the stories of him actually being so bad in the ring that Andre and Taker didn't want to be involved in matches with him. Outside the ring he was more than a bit of a cunt too as you mention.

The Warrior Andre story is great.

Andre back was fucked by then and he was very limited by that stage. Apparently Warrior was still throwing stiff shot, especially when coming off the ropes, Andre kept warning him. Eventually he did it one to many time, next time he came off the ropes Andre took a big step forward and just put his fist out in front of him and Warrior runs straight into it knocking himself into next week. 

Fuck running into a mit like this

68ec1a665fb613be8f013c69c5a3ae6c.jpg

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

The Warrior Andre story is great.

Andre back was fucked by then and he was very limited by that stage. Apparently Warrior was still throwing stiff shot, especially when coming off the ropes, Andre kept warning him. Eventually he did it one to many time, next time he came off the ropes Andre took a big step forward and just put his fist out in front of him and Warrior runs straight into it knocking himself into next week. 

Fuck running into a mit like this

68ec1a665fb613be8f013c69c5a3ae6c.jpg

Not to diminish how fuck huge Andre the giant was but that's not a standard beer can size it's one of those yank coke can size beer cans, 330ml