Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AngryOfTuebrook

Crime and Punishment

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:


Right, let’s nip this in the bud.

 

1. if a client has admitted guilt in instructions, then you can only present a defence by testing the prosecution case without advancing an actual defence - ie. do they have sufficient evidence to prove the case.

 

2. We are officers of the court and cannot deceive the court by putting forward something that is untrue.

 

3. If by ‘every trick in the book’ you mean advance our client’s mitigation to achieve the best possible sentence, then yes , we do that because we are under a duty to act in the best interests of our client, and if we don’t we leave ourselves open to negligence actions.

 

4. Before the court sentence somebody for a serious offence, where it would make an effective difference to the length of sentence, the court will ask for a pre-sentence report from the Probation Service which will deal with the offender’s backgrounds and attitude, and may ask for a psychiatric/psychologists report so that the Judge can consider the question of dangerousness. The people who prepare those reports are well aware that their duty is to the court, not the prosecution or defence. They are independent.

 

5. We do not sit in judgement on people. That is the job of either the magistrates or, the jury, or the judge. If you decide not to act in the best interests of somebody because you’ve personally decided their guilt, then get out of the job because you’ll misjudge people who are innocent as well. 

I have to ask regarding point 4 'Is this service as good and efficient as it should be,or underfunded and overstretched like most things?' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have to ask regarding point 4 'Is this service as good and efficient as it should be,or underfunded and overstretched like most things?' 

Court Probation Service are probably stretched but still do a decent job.

 

The Psychology/psychiatric reports are usually good and efficient as they are independent of everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I used to go out in the 90s and occasionally you'd get it. Me and my mate got ambushed in the Paradox by about 10 lads who were just desperate to cause trouble but luckily we got away without getting a hiding after standing up to them.

 

About 10 years ago I tried using the cash machine at the top of Bold Street/Hanover Street and some big black lad was standing next to it and said he was using it. Even though he was just standing there not getting any money out. I just went up to use it and he told me if I got money out he'd stab me for ignoring him and disrespecting him. He wasn't young either, he was mid thirties and was being a prick. Then grabbed me and I told him to fuck off. He tried slapping me a few times and I just laughed at him saying he couldn't punch properly. The police then just turned up out of nowhere and carted him off into a van. 

 

Don't ever try getting a taxi by the Adelphi either. Got into a fight with two rats there who just walked up and robbed our taxi. My mate had a kebab from the Chippy in one had and was fighting this rat simultaneously. One punched me but I grabbed his leg and threw him into the hotel wall. 

 

Both stormed off and went to the top of the road where they started talking to another rat. I could see both of them walking back towards us reaching for their back pocket, either he had a knife of was trying to intimidate us. The taxi drove us off just before they reached for the door to open it. 

 

Just utter scum. People might share sunset photos of the Liver buildings proclaiming it to be the "best city in de weeerrld". But its populated by utter feral scum. 

Horrible cunts.

I will happily give town a miss when I come home for Christmas. Don't get any of that here.

This reads like the sequel to "rugby match in prison" on the GF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pics of here are truly heartbreaking.

I cant even imagine what her family are going through.

One girl murdered and potentially 4 families destroyed because of 1 act of senseless violence.

Dont they have people going into schools saying to these kids..if you carry a knife not only can you destroy another life you will fuck up your own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I sat in on a trial once where the person was accused of attempted murder. His solicitor put forward an argument of mental health grounds and diminished responsibility saying he had no mental capacity to understand what he was doing.

 

The Judge shook his head saying there had been no history of mental illness, no medical reports to even hint that he had any mental problems, he also held down a responsible job and cared for his two kids. He then asked how a person with no mental problems would suddenly become a person with no ability to understand anything.

 

The judge then said that diminished responsibility can only be argued in murder cases and not attempted murder cases. He then asked the solicitor how long he had been practicing for and said he should have known that. 

 

He quickly retreated to his seat, reminded me of the Homer Simpson gif where he disappears into a hedge. 


Had he ended up stabbing the other fella 18 times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anubis said:


Right, let’s nip this in the bud.

 

1. if a client has admitted guilt in instructions, then you can only present a defence by testing the prosecution case without advancing an actual defence - ie. do they have sufficient evidence to prove the case.

 

2. We are officers of the court and cannot deceive the court by putting forward something that is untrue.

 

3. If by ‘every trick in the book’ you mean advance our client’s mitigation to achieve the best possible sentence, then yes , we do that because we are under a duty to act in the best interests of our client, and if we don’t we leave ourselves open to negligence actions.

 

4. Before the court sentence somebody for a serious offence, where it would make an effective difference to the length of sentence, the court will ask for a pre-sentence report from the Probation Service which will deal with the offender’s backgrounds and attitude, and may ask for a psychiatric/psychologists report so that the Judge can consider the question of dangerousness. The people who prepare those reports are well aware that their duty is to the court, not the prosecution or defence. They are independent.

 

5. We do not sit in judgement on people. That is the job of either the magistrates or, the jury, or the judge. If you decide not to act in the best interests of somebody because you’ve personally decided their guilt, then get out of the job because you’ll misjudge people who are innocent as well. 

Thanks for the feedback , appreciated. Having said that I think I would never have made it as a defence lawyer as I dont think I could do my best for somebody who I could see is an absolute twat deserving everything they should get. Wrong I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Horrible cunts.

I will happily give town a miss when I come home for Christmas. Don't get any of that here.

This reads like the sequel to "rugby match in prison" on the GF.

Like Bjornebye said the only place that isn't rat infested is Hope Street/upper Hardman Street. No doubt they will be there fucking up that area for people who just want to go out and have good time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Like Bjornebye said the only place that isn't rat infested is Hope Street/upper Hardman Street. No doubt they will be there fucking up that area for people who just want to go out and have good time.

Hope you're wrong, H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Emma Tustin found guilty of torturing and killing her stepson. Just evil beyond belief. This case has really upset me. 

Just on the news, this. 

 

Fucking horrible cunts. The video footage of him not being to stand properly is horiffic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember reading the Dad text the woman to say something like 'Ill take his fucking jaw off'. It proper angered me. Everything i have read since just breaks yours heart. Swerve watching any videos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Emma Tustin found guilty of torturing and killing her stepson. Just evil beyond belief. This case has really upset me. 

And me. I've seen the headlines but haven't  read up or seen the photos purposely. 

Too upsetting.  Poor little fella.

There is no punishment strong enough in cases like this.

I'd pull the lever myself. Bastards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Social services are a fucking waste of time. They do fuck all to help or protect kids. 

I'm sure they're not, I imagine they save 100's of kids from situations they should never be in, it's just unfortunate they cannot save them all.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John102 said:

I remember reading the Dad text the woman to say something like 'Ill take his fucking jaw off'. It proper angered me. Everything i have read since just breaks yours heart. Swerve watching any videos.

Same, I went from calm to full on Daily Male in a heartbeat. I heard the soundbite on the news where them horrible fuckers recorded the little boy saying "nobody loves me". Welling up now thinking about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

One of the worst crimes of our lifetime, just horrific. Apparently Covid played a part as it limited their contact with social services. I’m avoiding reading anything about it tomorrow.  

Same, I just don't have the emotional resilience for this. It's too horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Latest Round Up

  • Last Match Report

  • Popular Now

  • Popular Contributors

  • Posts

    • Minder- it's a sorrie lorries morrie.  When we're pissed the Mrs won't watch anything like the wire or the sopranos. So I know every good and bad episode of minder. 8/10 and Phil Mitchell getting a slap from Terry 
    • Stig Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool)  Kevin De Bruyne (Man City)   Andy Cole (Blackburn)   Tim Flowers (Leicester)  Boudewijn Zenden (Boro)                                   John Gordon Banks Martin Peters    Graeme Souness Norman Hunter John Robertson                               Dynamite Emlyn Hughes (Wolves) Billy Bremner (Leeds) John Barnes (Liverpool) Viv Anderson (Nottingham Forest) Sol Campbell (Spurs)                               No2  Andy Gray (Wolves) Ian Rush (Liverpool) Stuart Pearce (Forest) Tony Adams (Arsenal) John Terry (Chelsea)                              Babbs John Aldridge (Oxford Utd) Peter Shilton (Nottingham Forest) Robbie Fowler (Liverpool)   Gareth Southgate  David Ginola (Spurs)      Nemanja Vidic (Man Utd)                       Lifey Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) Ray Houghton (Oxford Utd) Steve Bruce (Norwich)   Steve Staunton (Villa)   Michael Owen (Liverpool) Eden Hazard (Chelsea)                       Alex_K Paul McGrath (Aston Villa) Luis Suarez (Liverpool) Johnny Giles (Leeds) Juninho Paulista (Middlesbrough) Larry Lloyd (Notts Forest) Paul Scholes (Man Utd)                        Elite Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) Andriy Shevchenko (Chelsea) Mark Hughes (Blackburn) Rio Ferdinand (United) Ledley King (Spurs)                    Lee909 Mendieta Damien Duff Des Walker (Nottingham Forest) Jack Charlton (Leeds) Chris Woods (Norwich) Kenny Samsom (Arsenal)                            
    • Yeah.....some serious money being paid out.   Their wage to turnover ratio was up at something mad like 85% - totally unsustainable and they have been making massive losses year after year with no signs of their revenues growing.   They are in trouble.   Fuck them...i always used to say 'no don't want them down its bad for the city, and bad for the older decent blues'...but now - fuck them, hope they drop, hope they fall through leagues and frankly i wouldn't be arsed if they go bust - and way they are going both are a realistic possibility.
    • Why is NCT is a good buy?  Does it do something other tokens do not?  Are you just shilling a bag to us?
    • The ironic thing about the klinsman situation was that the club had done exactly the same to houllier,when we approached rafa. He didnt mention that for some reason  
×