Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AngryOfTuebrook

Crime and Punishment

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I used to go out in the 90s and occasionally you'd get it. Me and my mate got ambushed in the Paradox by about 10 lads who were just desperate to cause trouble but luckily we got away without getting a hiding after standing up to them.

 

About 10 years ago I tried using the cash machine at the top of Bold Street/Hanover Street and some big black lad was standing next to it and said he was using it. Even though he was just standing there not getting any money out. I just went up to use it and he told me if I got money out he'd stab me for ignoring him and disrespecting him. He wasn't young either, he was mid thirties and was being a prick. Then grabbed me and I told him to fuck off. He tried slapping me a few times and I just laughed at him saying he couldn't punch properly. The police then just turned up out of nowhere and carted him off into a van. 

 

Don't ever try getting a taxi by the Adelphi either. Got into a fight with two rats there who just walked up and robbed our taxi. My mate had a kebab from the Chippy in one had and was fighting this rat simultaneously. One punched me but I grabbed his leg and threw him into the hotel wall. 

 

Both stormed off and went to the top of the road where they started talking to another rat. I could see both of them walking back towards us reaching for their back pocket, either he had a knife of was trying to intimidate us. The taxi drove us off just before they reached for the door to open it. 

 

Just utter scum. People might share sunset photos of the Liver buildings proclaiming it to be the "best city in de weeerrld". But its populated by utter feral scum. 

It’s not just Liverpool mate it’s every big city. I’ve always said going out in town is generally far safer than going out in the likes of Warrington or St Helens that are just powder kegs in every pub/bar. It’s the rats walking round the streets that are the problem in town. As you said above, 9 times out of ten you’re fine if you stand up for yourself and tell them to fucking do one but that 10th time could easily get you stabbed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

It’s not just Liverpool mate it’s every big city. I’ve always said going out in town is generally far safer than going out in the likes of Warrington or St Helens that are just powder kegs in every pub/bar. It’s the rats walking round the streets that are the problem in town. As you said above, 9 times out of ten you’re fine if you stand up for yourself and tell them to fucking do one but that 10th time could easily get you stabbed. 

Yep. Can remember going out in Blackpool once and it was moody as fuck. London can be a bit moody outside of the main tourist areas too. I've heard Portsmouth is a fucking nightmare. 

 

I liked living in Cambridge as the only fight I saw in 3 years was two Harry Potter lookalikes with long Dr Who scarves pushing each other over a sofa. 

 

The rats need exterminating. There seems to be more here than most places.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Yep. Can remember going out in Blackpool once and it was moody as fuck. London can be a bit moody outside of the main tourist areas too. I've heard Portsmouth is a fucking nightmare. 

 

I liked living in Cambridge as the only fight I saw in 3 years was two Harry Potter lookalikes with long Dr Who scarves pushing each other over a sofa. 

 

The rats need exterminating. There seems to be more here than most places.

Nah Pompeys not bad really, quite punchy but not as bad as lots of places. Depends where you drink there. One of the places you can get trouble easily if you fancy it but it’s an easy city to live in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its becoming more and more difficult to clean up the streets now. Every one of them have lawyers on speed dial to protect their human rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Its becoming more and more difficult to clean up the streets now. Every one of them have lawyers on speed dial to protect their human rights.

The other problem that you have is prison isn't a deterrent. The only downside of it to them is that it's an inconvenience or occupational hazard rather than an actual punishment. At the same time some of them see it as a badge of honour. 

 

Loads of them also turn into bigger cunts inside being awkward over everything, giving backchat to everyone and fighting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Its becoming more and more difficult to clean up the streets now. Every one of them have lawyers on speed dial to protect their human rights.

Not buying that. What human rights will these lawyers be protecting while these scrotes are under arrest and being investigated? 

 

Everybody should have the right to legal representation, no matter how abhorrent their crime is. Otherwise, you run the risk of having unsafe convictions that might be overturned. Better a safe conviction that keeps them in prison for as long as possible, rather than one that is potentially unsafe and could have the victim's family left with the additional concern constantly hanging over them that the killer(s) could potentially get out with a successful appeal. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Willard said:

I have volunteered to run a chess club in our local prison. Going through the admin process. Fuck knows how this will pan out but looking forward to it. 

RIP YNWA etc 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Yep. Can remember going out in Blackpool once and it was moody as fuck. London can be a bit moody outside of the main tourist areas too. I've heard Portsmouth is a fucking nightmare. 

 

I liked living in Cambridge as the only fight I saw in 3 years was two Harry Potter lookalikes with long Dr Who scarves pushing each other over a sofa. 

 

The rats need exterminating. There seems to be more here than most places.


Blackpool is fucking bleak.

 

I remember being 18(ish) and my mate passed his license and his first drive was to take us to Blackpool.

 

Five of us a VW Beetle, original, and we didn’t have money to get fucked up and pay for a hotel so we, sensibly, decided to park the car a mile away from the north pier on an A road and sleep there once the nights debauchery was over. 
 

Obviously the above presented several logistical problems better not carried out by naive, fucked up, malcontents with a wealth of ideas, but fuck all in the way of cash.

 

Ended up us buying a fuck load of shit Garys and getting in to several fights with the natives, man it’s fucking bleak. Shit stag and hen do after shit hen and stag do.

 

Anyhows driver disappears and we’re fucked so we try and find the car.

 

We, me and the other four lads, eventually find it and my mate is doing terrible things to an absolute monster on the back seat, or our bed as those fleet of memory will remember.

 

We stand outside the car and wait for them to finish, freezing our bollocks off as obviously cavalier bellends like us don’t wear coats.

 

Once the deed has been done we broach the question of ‘What now?’

 

Let’s all just go to sleep is the reply.

 

So we get in the car, twatted, tired and wanting nothing less than to be here when said conquest pipes up that she has no idea where she is and no idea how to get home.

 

So we end up with three biggish lads in the back with a hefty schleper laid across our laps on an A road just outside Blackpool wishing we were all dead trying to sleep.

 

She didn’t bother to really get dressed and had no way to ‘freshen up’ so we slept with a sweaty mess, with her tits hanging out, snoring on our laps all night.

 

There’s bleak, and then there’s your first adult taste of Blackpool bleak.

 

  

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:


Blackpool is fucking bleak.

 

I remember being 18(ish) and my mate passed his license and his first drive was to take us to Blackpool.

 

Five of us a VW Beetle, original, and we didn’t have money to get fucked up and pay for a hotel so we, sensibly, decided to park the car a mile away from the north pier on an A road and sleep there once the nights debauchery was over. 
 

Obviously the above presented several logistical problems better not carried out by naive, fucked up, malcontents with a wealth of ideas, but fuck all in the way of cash.

 

Ended up us buying a fuck load of shit Garys and getting in to several fights with the natives, man it’s fucking bleak. Shit stag and hen do after shit hen and stag do.

 

Anyhows driver disappears and we’re fucked so we try and find the car.

 

We, me and the other four lads, eventually find it and my mate is doing terrible things to an absolute monster on the back seat, or our bed as those fleet of memory will remember.

 

We stand outside the car and wait for them to finish, freezing our bollocks off as obviously cavalier bellends like us don’t wear coats.

 

Once the deed has been done we broach the question of ‘What now?’

 

Let’s all just go to sleep is the reply.

 

So we get in the car, twatted, tired and wanting nothing less than to be here when said conquest pipes up that she has no idea where she is and no idea how to get home.

 

So we end up with three biggish lads in the back with a hefty schleper laid across our laps on an A road just outside Blackpool wishing we were all dead trying to sleep.

 

She didn’t bother to really get dressed and had no way to ‘freshen up’ so we slept with a sweaty mess, with her tits hanging out, snoring on our laps all night.

 

There’s bleak, and then there’s your first adult taste of Blackpool bleak.

 

  

Sounds ace !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I have volunteered to run a chess club in our local prison. Going through the admin process. Fuck knows how this will pan out but looking forward to it. 

I might have shared this before but after he retired from full time practice my Dad did a short stint being one of the duty doctors checking on the maximum security prisoners in Wakefield prison. The ones kept in isolation from what are already high security prisoners.
 

This basically meant looking at them from outside their cell and just stating they look ok. He never actually had to examine them.

 

Not sure who he actually observed (he wasn’t allowed to say) but you’re dealing with the likes of Ian Huntley, Charles Branson, Robert Maudsley etc..

 

I’m sure your Epsom lot will be fine. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I have volunteered to run a chess club in our local prison. Going through the admin process. Fuck knows how this will pan out but looking forward to it. 

You'll only be able to move sideways once they've finished with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I have volunteered to run a chess club in our local prison. Going through the admin process. Fuck knows how this will pan out but looking forward to it. 

Excellent, 

 

"UK prisoners allowed to play chess in global online tournament | Prisons and probation | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2021/oct/13/uk-prisoners-allowed-play-chess-global-online-tournament

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I have volunteered to run a chess club in our local prison. Going through the admin process. Fuck knows how this will pan out but looking forward to it. 

Be careful about showing any of them your bishop.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Not buying that. What human rights will these lawyers be protecting while these scrotes are under arrest and being investigated? 

 

Everybody should have the right to legal representation, no matter how abhorrent their crime is. Otherwise, you run the risk of having unsafe convictions that might be overturned. Better a safe conviction that keeps them in prison for as long as possible, rather than one that is potentially unsafe and could have the victim's family left with the additional concern constantly hanging over them that the killer(s) could potentially get out with a successful appeal. 

Agree 100 percent that everyone has the right to legal representation. What  i have an issue with is when lawyers know , and in some cases they do know, that their client is guilty and possibly a danger to society and yet they will use every trick in the legal book to get a more lenient decision.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was a judge , I would be tempted to add to sentences where the lawyers use pathetic efforts to get sympathy for their clients.

 

There was a case in the Echo recently where some guy who had violently attacked somebody in the street was blaming not seeing his son for 2 to 3 years , when it was reported he had not made any effort to see him or paid a penny towards his welfare , and his string of offences using violence went back over 10 years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Agree 100 percent that everyone has the right to legal representation. What  i have an issue with is when lawyers know , and in some cases they do know, that their client is guilty and possibly a danger to society and yet they will use every trick in the legal book to get a more lenient decision.


Right, let’s nip this in the bud.

 

1. if a client has admitted guilt in instructions, then you can only present a defence by testing the prosecution case without advancing an actual defence - ie. do they have sufficient evidence to prove the case.

 

2. We are officers of the court and cannot deceive the court by putting forward something that is untrue.

 

3. If by ‘every trick in the book’ you mean advance our client’s mitigation to achieve the best possible sentence, then yes , we do that because we are under a duty to act in the best interests of our client, and if we don’t we leave ourselves open to negligence actions.

 

4. Before the court sentence somebody for a serious offence, where it would make an effective difference to the length of sentence, the court will ask for a pre-sentence report from the Probation Service which will deal with the offender’s backgrounds and attitude, and may ask for a psychiatric/psychologists report so that the Judge can consider the question of dangerousness. The people who prepare those reports are well aware that their duty is to the court, not the prosecution or defence. They are independent.

 

5. We do not sit in judgement on people. That is the job of either the magistrates or, the jury, or the judge. If you decide not to act in the best interests of somebody because you’ve personally decided their guilt, then get out of the job because you’ll misjudge people who are innocent as well. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Anubis said:


Right, let’s nip this in the bud.

 

1. if a client has admitted guilt in instructions, then you can only present a defence by testing the prosecution case without advancing an actual defence - ie. do they have sufficient evidence to prove the case.

 

2. We are officers of the court and cannot deceive the court by putting forward something that is untrue.

 

3. If by ‘every trick in the book’ you mean advance our client’s mitigation to achieve the best possible sentence, then yes , we do that because we are under a duty to act in the best interests of our client, and if we don’t we leave ourselves open to negligence actions.

 

4. Before the court sentence somebody for a serious offence, where it would make an effective difference to the length of sentence, the court will ask for a pre-sentence report from the Probation Service which will deal with the offender’s backgrounds and attitude, and may ask for a psychiatric/psychologists report so that the Judge can consider the question of dangerousness. The people who prepare those reports are well aware that their duty is to the court, not the prosecution or defence. They are independent.

 

5. We do not sit in judgement on people. That is the job of either the magistrates or, the jury, or the judge. If you decide not to act in the best interests of somebody because you’ve personally decided their guilt, then get out of the job because you’ll misjudge people who are innocent as well. 

Dave Kleinfeld over here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sir roger said:

If I was a judge , I would be tempted to add to sentences where the lawyers use pathetic efforts to get sympathy for their clients.

 

There was a case in the Echo recently where some guy who had violently attacked somebody in the street was blaming not seeing his son for 2 to 3 years , when it was reported he had not made any effort to see him or paid a penny towards his welfare , and his string of offences using violence went back over 10 years.

Chutzpah is that quality enshrined in a man who, having killed his mother and father, throws himself on the mercy of the court because he is an orphan (from The Joys of Yiddish).

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sat in on a trial once where the person was accused of attempted murder. His solicitor put forward an argument of mental health grounds and diminished responsibility saying he had no mental capacity to understand what he was doing.

 

The Judge shook his head saying there had been no history of mental illness, no medical reports to even hint that he had any mental problems, he also held down a responsible job and cared for his two kids. He then asked how a person with no mental problems would suddenly become a person with no ability to understand anything.

 

The judge then said that diminished responsibility can only be argued in murder cases and not attempted murder cases. He then asked the solicitor how long he had been practicing for and said he should have known that. 

 

He quickly retreated to his seat, reminded me of the Homer Simpson gif where he disappears into a hedge. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Anubis said:


Right, let’s nip this in the bud.

 

1. if a client has admitted guilt in instructions, then you can only present a defence by testing the prosecution case without advancing an actual defence - ie. do they have sufficient evidence to prove the case.

 

2. We are officers of the court and cannot deceive the court by putting forward something that is untrue.

 

3. If by ‘every trick in the book’ you mean advance our client’s mitigation to achieve the best possible sentence, then yes , we do that because we are under a duty to act in the best interests of our client, and if we don’t we leave ourselves open to negligence actions.

 

4. Before the court sentence somebody for a serious offence, where it would make an effective difference to the length of sentence, the court will ask for a pre-sentence report from the Probation Service which will deal with the offender’s backgrounds and attitude, and may ask for a psychiatric/psychologists report so that the Judge can consider the question of dangerousness. The people who prepare those reports are well aware that their duty is to the court, not the prosecution or defence. They are independent.

 

5. We do not sit in judgement on people. That is the job of either the magistrates or, the jury, or the judge. If you decide not to act in the best interests of somebody because you’ve personally decided their guilt, then get out of the job because you’ll misjudge people who are innocent as well. 

Interesting stuff. I shall rename you Anubis McBeal for the rest of the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×