You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crime and Punishment

A thread for crime-related news stories that aren't worth their own thread and don't fit comfortably into other threads.

Starting with this  - film yourself licking ice cream before you buy it? Thirty days in a Texas jail.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51762753

Land of the free, innit.

• 1 year later...

The trial of the parents of a murdered little 6 year old kid, Arthur, is taking place in Coventry. The video of the malnourished boy begging for food on the day he died (found on his mother’s phone) is absolutely heart breaking. Don’t watch it if you’ve got kids of your own. These evil fuckers should spend  the rest of their lives in solitary. 

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Willard said:

The trial of the parents of a murdered little 6 year old kid, Arthur, is taking place in Coventry. The video of the malnourished boy begging for food on the day he died (found on his mother’s phone) is absolutely heart breaking. Don’t watch it if you’ve got kids of your own. These evil fuckers should spend  the rest of their lives in solitary. 

I've seen a few articles about this, not seen (and wont watch) any footage because I'll just cry but some of the stuff they did was fucking awful two truly evil bastards. Poor little lad didn't ask to be born and these fuckers treat him like that? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I've seen a few articles about this, not seen (and wont watch) any footage because I'll just cry but some of the stuff they did was fucking awful two truly evil bastards. Poor little lad didn't ask to be born and these fuckers treat him like that? 

One of the worst crimes of recent times, absolutely horrific. Up there with the Moors murders.  You can only hope people in prison are reading the same reports and preparing a suitable welcome reception. 

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

One of the worst crimes of recent times, absolutely horrific. Up there with the Moors murders.  You can only hope people in prison are reading the same reports and preparing a suitable welcome reception. 

Reminds me of that Baby P case. The most terrifying thing isn't just that there are people that evil out there, but that there are that many that they can end up in a couple together and commit these crimes together. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

They will surely be put with the nonces and that 

Evil doesnt even do it justice

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Reminds me of that Baby P case. The most terrifying thing isn't just that there are people that evil out there, but that there are that many that they can end up in a couple together and commit these crimes together. 

Without going in to specifics, as it was a long time ago and understandably the family don't talk about it, my auntie and her scumbag husband were guilty of similar things with their kids, he wasn't the father of any of kids if memory serves me right.

She had six kids in total and they were all taken in to care with one dying very young.

They just generaly treated the kids like scum, they would have them up all hours doing needless tasks, gave them very little to eat while they gorged, hit them etc, not sure how bad as again nobody talked about it. My grandmother got wind of it one day when she caught my cousin scraping cigarette ash of some toast he found in the bin and she made him open up. Obviously social services were called but did little at the time, so the family were cut off. My grandmother had to walk a couple of miles first thing in a morning, 4:30(ish) to leave breakfast in a hiding place for them so she knew they'd have something to eat before starting her 6am start, everyday she did that. These are only the stuff they told me, so fuck only knows what else happened.

All came to a head when the scumbag raped my cousin repeatedly over a year or so when she was 14/15, she's never recovered and is functioning, but fucked up to this day. She told my grandmother who phoned the police obviously. Her mother lied and said it was consensual and stuck up for the cunt when it finally came to court.

He was sent down for a couple of years and my cousin, and the rest of teh family, with two of them having their identities changed, spent the rest of her childhood in care as the courts refused to release her to my grandmother as she was a 'single parent' and that could be dangerous!

I don't want to know what else happened as I know it wil break me.

Years later the cunt turned up on my mothers doorstep, her sister, claiming she had cancer and was dying. She was with another waste of flesh equally odious as the first one. My mother, for reasons I'll never understand, took pity on her and tried to look after her. I met her once and instantly knew who it was and called her 'A fucking cunt' and refused to be in the same house as her and left. She took all my mother had to give and started running up debts in my mothers name and then disapeared leaving more misery in her wake.

A couple of years later she tried the same trick.

She was literaly kicked up and down the street by my mother.

Irony being, she genuinely had cancer this time and would die within a few weeks and not a tear was shed, the horrible, horrible fucking cunt.

• Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Without going in to specifics, as it was a long time ago and understandably the family don't talk about it, my auntie and her scumbag husband were guilty of similar things with their kids, he wasn't the father of any of kids if memory serves me right.

She had six kids in total and they were all taken in to care with one dying very young.

They just generaly treated the kids like scum, they would have them up all hours doing needless tasks, gave them very little to eat while they gorged, hit them etc, not sure how bad as again nobody talked about it. My grandmother got wind of it one day when she caught my cousin scraping cigarette ash of some toast he found in the bin and she made him open up. Obviously social services were called but did little at the time, so the family were cut off. My grandmother had to walk a couple of miles first thing in a morning, 4:30(ish) to leave breakfast in a hiding place for them so she knew they'd have something to eat before starting her 6am start, everyday she did that. These are only the stuff they told me, so fuck only knows what else happened.

All came to a head when the scumbag raped my cousin repeatedly over a year or so when she was 14/15, she's never recovered and is functioning, but fucked up to this day. She told my grandmother who phoned the police obviously. Her mother lied and said it was consensual and stuck up for the cunt when it finally came to court.

He was sent down for a couple of years and my cousin, and the rest of teh family, with two of them having their identities changed, spent the rest of her childhood in care as the courts refused to release her to my grandmother as she was a 'single parent' and that could be dangerous!

Years later the cunt turned up on my mothers doorstep, her sister, claiming she had cancer and was dying. She was with another waste of flesh equally odious as the first one. My mother, for reasons I'll never understand, took pity on her and tried to look after her. I met her once and instantly knew who it was and called her 'A fucking cunt' and refused to be in the same house as her and left. She took all my mother had to give and started running up debts in my mothers name and then disapeared leaving more misery in her wake.

Irony being, she genuinely had cancer this time and would die within a few weeks and not a tear was shed, the horrible, horrible fucking cunt.

Repping the last two sentences, not even close to what she deserved but still it's something. 

This new "Harper's law" looks a bit of a bodge job. It introduces mandatory life sentences for anybody who kills an emergency service worker while committing crimes. 

On the face of it, it seems a well intentioned idea. Albeit one that plays to the gallery a bit. 

But, this point has been raised in critique of the new law:

"Atkinson said that under the change someone who kills a police officer by accident could face a life sentence whereas someone who tries to kill a police officer would not. He said: “If I push a police officer as I run away, and they stumble and hit their head and die, then that’s manslaughter and I would get life. But if I’ve stabbed them two or three times, and they don’t die, then I don’t face life.”

Is it really fair to attach a harsher sentence to somebody who kills somebody by accident than to a person who arguably has a level of intent that warrants more condemnation and should attract more culpability, with it perhaps being a matter of sheer luck and medical intervention that their victim didn't die?

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

This new "Harper's law" looks a bit of a bodge job. It introduces mandatory life sentences for anybody who kills an emergency service worker while committing crimes. 

On the face of it, it seems a well intentioned idea. Albeit one that plays to the gallery a bit. 

"Atkinson said that under the change someone who kills a police officer by accident could face a life sentence whereas someone who tries to kill a police officer would not. He said: “If I push a police officer as I run away, and they stumble and hit their head and die, then that’s manslaughter and I would get life. But if I’ve stabbed them two or three times, and they don’t die, then I don’t face life.”

Is it really fair to attach a harsher sentence to somebody who kills somebody by accident than to a person who arguably has a level of intent that warrants more condemnation and should attract more culpability, with it perhaps being a matter of sheer luck and medical intervention that their victim didn't die?

I simply don't agree that a policeman's life is worth more than anyone else's.

Particularly those 2 utter scum bags who shared the pics of those 2 murdered women

41 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Thats awful mate, poor kids, your Grandmother was an angel. 

13 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Murder sentencing in this country is already illogical. How you kill the victim matters most so if you stab them it’s 25 years before parole, if you shoot them it’s 30 but if you hit them on the head with a hammer it’s only 15. Doesn’t make any sense, they are still dead. 

25 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Women's rights are going backwards.

Rapists should be looking at a minimum of 10 years inside.

Agreed but its proving it isnt it?

Apparently in most cases its just 1 persons word against another's. 

There are certainly massive issues about how rape cases are investigated. 

I also think the way lawyers are allowed to demolish the reputations of girls is also a big factor  

I watched one of them episodes of the social media killings on ITV player, the one about the young English girl travelling in New Zealand. She met a guy on tinder, went back to his hotel and he killed her claiming she died during rough sex. Managed to fit her body into a suitcase, bury her in the woods, get rid of her things and clean the room of blood (even renting a fucking rug doctor machine) then lied through his teeth to the police. It changed the law about "rough sex" which had seen some cases where the female died be put down to 'misadventure'. 

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

I read that article earlier, heartbreaking. Poor little mite, not a single day of happiness in his life by the sound of it.

I hope they get life, cunts!

16 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Murder sentencing in this country is already illogical. How you kill the victim matters most so if you stab them it’s 25 years before parole, if you shoot them it’s 30 but if you hit them on the head with a hammer it’s only 15. Doesn’t make any sense, they are still dead. 

Hammer don't hurt 'em?