You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crime and Punishment

11 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Me and my youngest spent a few hours making a bird box. Sawed the wood, nailed it together and painted it. Put it up on a tree on the allotments. Within days it has been stolen. A fucking home made bird box made out of offcuts. 

How big are the birds round yours? 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Me and my youngest spent a few hours making a bird box. Sawed the wood, nailed it together and painted it. Put it up on a tree on the allotments. Within days it has been stolen. A fucking home made bird box made out of offcuts. 

Police have arrested one member of the gang, and he sang like a canary. Now his conspirators are doing bird.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This Katie Kenyon stuff is grim. 33 year old missing woman from Burnley. 50 year old man whose van she was seen getting into has been re-arrested for murder. Can only pray for a miracle it seems. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-61237156

Faint hopes that she's still alive but it sounds like the Police are expecting the worst.

I heard she's got a couple of kids as well, poor little buggers.

My daughter will be 35 next week and I still worry about her if she goes out and this poor girls father is probably exactly the same.

Just awful.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/uk-dark-day-civil-liberties-deeply-authoritarian-policing-bill-passed-lords

UK: Dark day for civil liberties as 'deeply-authoritarian' Policing Bill passed by Lords

girl_v3.jpg?VersionId=VFcCz8SrIMNmt5YycF

Responding to the passing of the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill, Sacha Deshmukh, Amnesty International UK’s CEO, said:

“This is dark day for civil liberties in the UK. This deeply-authoritarian Bill places profound and significant restrictions on the basic right to peacefully protest and will have a severely detrimental impact on the ability of ordinary people to make their concerns heard.

“Protest is a cherished part of British history - from the anti-slavery movement, to the suffragettes and recent anti-war marches and the Policing Bill is in direct conflict with the values of freedom and liberty that this government claims to uphold.

“This Bill also persecutes traveller communities and will further entrench racism and discrimination in British policing through its huge expansion of stop-and-search powers.

“The Policing Bill is part of a hugely worrying and widespread attack on human rights from across Government which will not only see basic rights reduced across the board, but will also strip people of the means to challenge or contest their treatment.”

Controversial Bill passes after protracted ‘ping-pong’ tussle

The controversial Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill was finally passed last night (26 April) by the House of Lords after a series of votes won by the government.

It marks the end of a tussle, known as parliamentary ping-pong, between the Houses of Commons and Lords over the Bill.

The Bill significantly widens the range of situations in which police officers can place conditions on protests including being able to ban ‘noisy protests’ one of the many controversial elements of the Bill. In the end, after months of fierce debate and opposition from across Parliament and the public, Peers rejected moves to strip the controversial curbs from the legislation.

Previous amendments were also defeated by the government including efforts to remove discrimination against travellers and measures which will compound racism in policing and disproportionately impact marginalised groups.

The government agreed a requirement for the Home Secretary to conduct a review of the new powers within two years, though this will not be considered a concession by all those who opposed the Bill, given the deeply concerning powers within it. The Bill is now set to go forward for royal assent.

On 26/04/2022 at 20:32, Harry's Lad said:

Faint hopes that she's still alive but it sounds like the Police are expecting the worst.

I heard she's got a couple of kids as well, poor little buggers.

My daughter will be 35 next week and I still worry about her if she goes out and this poor girls father is probably exactly the same.

Just awful.

She was found and identified a few days ago. That poor family.

The cunt shouldn’t see daylight again

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s a hearing in the Court of Appeal today that’ll lead to a judgement on whole life tariffs.  Decision due next week. 

I think they are reviewing 5 different cases at once, some of which are challenges to sentences which the Attorney General is arguing are too lenient. I think in 1 case, both the convict and the Government are appealing the same 21 year sentence (too harsh versus too lenient) which is interesting. 

Bizarre.

Just answered a knock on the door. 15/16 year old lad with the usual overgrown hair stood on the drive. Three similarly aged girls and another lad out on the street. 

Lad, looking and sounding awkward - “Er, I’ve been told you do cocaine here?”

Me, laughing - “I think someone has put you on a bum steer.”

Girls also now laughing as it’s obvious I’m not a cocaine dealer.

Lad, looking really embarrassed - “Oh, I must have the wrong street…”

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Bizarre.

Just answered a knock on the door. 15/16 year old lad with the usual overgrown hair stood on the drive. Three similarly aged girls and another lad out on the street. 

Hahahaha fucking hell. 

I remember a sign outside the bakers on Aigburth Road just just said "CHEAP COKE" and an arrow pointing up the road when the sugar tax came in. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Bizarre.

In all seriousness you might want to report that, there may be some kind of bogus information going around. 

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

In all seriousness you might want to report that, there may be some kind of bogus information going around. 

The house two doors up was raided by police two weeks ago, in what looked like a typical drugs warrant. I suspect he was in the right road, just the wrong house. If it happens again I might report it, but suspect it was a one off.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Anubis said:

The house two doors up was raided by police two weeks ago, in what looked like a typical drugs warrant. I suspect he was in the right road, just the wrong house. If it happens again I might report it, but suspect it was a one off.

Thank god! I thought you supplying to somebody else for a minute. Let me know when the next shipment arrives.

• 2 weeks later...