You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crime and Punishment

12 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Evil creatures. Hope they get tortured in prison 

They tend to keep scum like this separate from the lesser scumbags. She'll be locked in a 69 with an equally disgusting bitch in no time. They shouldn't keep child abusers away from the normal prison population. I'll be accused of 'playing god' but stick an Ian Huntley in with an armed robber not another weirdo. 

11 hours ago, Kevin D said:

What was the motive? The articles I've read describe some pretty awful things, but no reason as to why anybody would ever do any of these things.

Evil cuntism. Terrifyingly they happened to meet which means we have far more scum in society than we think. 

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They tend to keep scum like this separate from the lesser scumbags. She'll be locked in a 69 with an equally disgusting bitch in no time. They shouldn't keep child abusers away from the normal prison population. I'll be accused of 'playing god' but stick an Ian Huntley in with an armed robber not another weirdo. 

Evil cuntism. Terrifyingly they happened to meet which means we have far more scum in society than we think. 

I may have posted this before but at a wedding I met a prison officer. After a few beers he confided that when the sex offenders from D wing were in the yard exercising they used to occasionally unleash a couple of the hard cases for a bit of Christians versus lions type fun for the onlooking inmates. Nowdays there are so many sex offenders in prison, the numbers don't work anymore. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Maybe if they had more funds and staff they could be more effective?

Solihull's Director of Children's Services was being paid a salary of £122,294. How much more would it have taken, do you think, for this not to happen?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

I may have posted this before but at a wedding I met a prison officer. After a few beers he confided that when the sex offenders from D wing were in the yard exercising they used to occasionally unleash a couple of the hard cases for a bit of Christians versus lions type fun for the onlooking inmates. Nowdays there are so many sex offenders in prison, the numbers don't work anymore. 

John Fury said last night he spent 5 years on holiday.... 

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Solihull's Director of Children's Services was being paid a salary of £122,294. How much more would it have taken, do you think, for this not to happen?

I'm not sure that one highly paid member of management level staff is indicative of a department being adequately funded and staffed to fulfill their responsibilities. 

Saying that, the news suggested last night that the only visible injuries to the poor lad when social services and the police visited was a bruised shoulder. 

If everything else appeared okay, I'm not sure what else they could've done. Although, you'd imagine there'll be an inquiry into the social services involvement which might highlight other failings and "lessons learned" etc, etc.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The mother has got serious health issues both physical and mental including a couple of suicide attempts so I can't see lasting 29 years in solitary. It's effectively whole life for her thankfully.  

No shit.

It's not the kids actual mum though is it? 

9 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm not sure that one highly paid member of management level staff is indicative of a department being adequately funded and staffed to fulfill their responsibilities. 

Saying that, the news suggested last night that the only visible injuries to the poor lad when social services and the police visited was a bruised shoulder. 

If everything else appeared okay, I'm not sure what else they could've done. Although, you'd imagine there'll be an inquiry into the social services involvement which might highlight other failings and "lessons learned" etc, etc.

It seems to be a new trick of pretending 10 years of cuts hasn't happened by pointing out the salary of someone at the top of the tree.

Funny how the salary of the actual social workers hasn't been highlighted.

The same thing has happened over the free school meals issue where the salaries of those managing the charities somehow became an issue.

I'm assuming the situation was made more complex because of lockdown 

And in any case the people responsible are the evil cunts who carried it out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

They shouldn't keep child abusers away from the normal prison population. I'll be accused of 'playing god' but stick an Ian Huntley in with an armed robber not another weirdo. 

Step forward scouser Mr Maudsley.

Was reading about this fella, killed a child abuser, went to nick and killed 3 more.

Robert Maudsley, 68, is believed to be too dangerous to mix with prisoners and guards at HMP Wakefield in West Yorkshire. So he instead spends 23 hours a day locked alone inside a glass box beneath the jail, with a concrete slab to sleep on, a table and chair made of compressed cardboard, and a toilet and sink bolted to the floor.  

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I think lifers tend to get a cell to themselves and 'vulnerable' prisoners who are likely to be attacked are kept locked up in their cells most of the time for their own protection. This of course doesn't stop the guards dishing out their own punishments as we saw with Fred West and Jeffrey Epstein to name but a few.