You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crime and Punishment

6 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

The trial of the parents of a murdered little 6 year old kid, Arthur, is taking place in Coventry. The video of the malnourished boy begging for food on the day he died (found on his mother’s phone) is absolutely heart breaking. Don’t watch it if you’ve got kids of your own. These evil fuckers should spend  the rest of their lives in solitary. 

I've seen the headlines reporting this and they're bad enough. I can't read stuff like this as I find it too upsetting, but I know enough to say that little lad suffered a life of misery. No child should ever be heard crying and saying no one loves me.

It absolutely broke my heart reading that headline today.

I had 3 of my Grandkids visit after school this afternoon, the middle one a very affectionate 5 year old boy.

He was sat on the arm of my chair snuggling in like he always does as I saw that headline on my tablet and all I could think was how could they, there is nothing more precious than children.

No punishment is severe enough for them. I hope they suffer for the rest of their lives.

Bless that little boy, and may be rest in the peace he never knew in life.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A girl is in critical condition after being stabbed just off Church Street, according to the Echo and Merseyside Police. 

The unconfirmed rumour mill says she's 12 and was stabbed in the neck after an argument with a group of male youths. 

Absolute fucking dregs of society. 

Unfortunately there is no fear now of the consequences of being caught.

9 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A girl is in critical condition after being stabbed just off Church Street, according to the Echo and Merseyside Police. 

The unconfirmed rumour mill says she's 12 and was stabbed in the neck after an argument with a group of male youths. 

Absolute fucking dregs of society. 

Just heard she’s died. Shocking news.

What do you even try to say about this? 

Just heartbreaking for her family and friends. Everybody is just starting to get in a festive mood and then their lives are forever changed just like that by some utter scrote of a child trying to play the big man by carrying a knife and sadly using it to devastating effect. 

May the poor girl rest in peace. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Poor kid. 14 and 15 year olds arrested.

A 13 year old too, apparently. 

Likely that their ridiculous "soldja" and "snitches get stitches" mentality will get tested to breaking point now as if they all stick together there's a chance they'll get joint enterprised all over the place (they might do in any event anyway). 

Equally, I wouldn't be unduly surprised if some of them walk or just get a lesser, non-homicide related charge if it can be established who had the knife and carried out the stabbing and the others provide a plausible account of not knowing that the murderous scrote was armed. 

Obviously, that's with the whole innocent until proven guilty shit attached. 

7 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A 13 year old too, apparently. 

Likely that their ridiculous "soldja" and "snitches get stitches" mentality will get tested to breaking point now as if they all stick together there's a chance they'll get joint enterprised all over the place (they might do in any event anyway). 

Equally, I wouldn't be unduly surprised if some of them walk or just get a lesser, non-homicide related charge if it can be established who had the knife and carried out the stabbing and the others provide a plausible account of not knowing that the murderous scrote was armed. 

Obviously, that's with the whole innocent until proven guilty shit attached. 

Tonnes of CCTV round town, you'd hope one picked it up. Fingers crossed.

The look at me, I possibly know something about this case before you do knobs on Facebook are sharing names, addresses and photos of the alleged gang of lads. On the Echo page. 

Yep. That won't be in any way problematic. The Echo are absolutely awful when it comes to moderation of their social media and their contempt of court obligations. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The look at me, I possibly know something about this case before you do knobs on Facebook are sharing names, addresses and photos of the alleged gang of lads. On the Echo page. 

Yep. That won't be in any way problematic. The Echo are absolutely awful when it comes to moderation of their social media and their contempt of court obligations. 

I know what you mean, and I do agree, but also part of me hopes the guilty lads are lynched. 

They literally argue over fuck all now and have this idea that they've been disrespected and won't back down. 

I've been trying to encourage my daughter to go to town on her own or with her mates to give her a bit more self confidence. No way I'd let her go to town on her own now. 

I know a lot of people 30+ who refused to stay in town after 10pm. All the human shite comes out after that time intent on causing trouble. I know a lad whose mate got attacked at the Shankly hotel last year. Three lads were just out intent on causing shit and trying to pick on weaker looking victims. 

Just now, Harry Squatter said:

They literally argue over fuck all now and have this idea that they've been disrespected and won't back down. 

I've been trying to encourage my daughter to go to town on her own or with her mates to give her a bit more self confidence. No way I'd let her go to town on her own now. 

I know a lot of people 30+ who refused to stay in town after 10pm. All the human shite comes out after that time intent on causing trouble. I know a lad whose mate got attacked at the Shankly hotel last year. Three lads were just out intent on causing shit and trying to pick on weaker looking victims. 

I'm not sure where this became the common thing, I can't remember it being this way when I first started going out. But now there seems to be a fight or trouble reported every time a weekend passes. They're getting younger too. A couple of months back 2 20 somethings died after getting stabbed at 4am on a Sunday morning. By a 16/17 year old. You just roll your eyes at this now as it's almost everyday news.

Agree about town, after 9/10 it’s a fucking cesspit. I just doesn’t feel safe at all. It’s not just usual places either like slater st etc it’s all over. Rats on Mathew st trying to blag out of towners, gangs round Dale st even the Albert docks got gangs of kids hanging round the place causing misery. Even the Baltic market has been hijacked by the utter vermin lot. Best place now for a nice environment is Hope St area/Knowledge/Georgian quarter. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I'm not sure where this became the common thing, I can't remember it being this way when I first started going out. But now there seems to be a fight or trouble reported every time a weekend passes. They're getting younger too. A couple of months back 2 20 somethings died after getting stabbed at 4am on a Sunday morning. By a 16/17 year old. You just roll your eyes at this now as it's almost everyday news.

I used to go out in the 90s and occasionally you'd get it. Me and my mate got ambushed in the Paradox by about 10 lads who were just desperate to cause trouble but luckily we got away without getting a hiding after standing up to them.

About 10 years ago I tried using the cash machine at the top of Bold Street/Hanover Street and some big black lad was standing next to it and said he was using it. Even though he was just standing there not getting any money out. I just went up to use it and he told me if I got money out he'd stab me for ignoring him and disrespecting him. He wasn't young either, he was mid thirties and was being a prick. Then grabbed me and I told him to fuck off. He tried slapping me a few times and I just laughed at him saying he couldn't punch properly. The police then just turned up out of nowhere and carted him off into a van. 

Don't ever try getting a taxi by the Adelphi either. Got into a fight with two rats there who just walked up and robbed our taxi. My mate had a kebab from the Chippy in one had and was fighting this rat simultaneously. One punched me but I grabbed his leg and threw him into the hotel wall. 

Both stormed off and went to the top of the road where they started talking to another rat. I could see both of them walking back towards us reaching for their back pocket, either he had a knife of was trying to intimidate us. The taxi drove us off just before they reached for the door to open it. 

Just utter scum. People might share sunset photos of the Liver buildings proclaiming it to be the "best city in de weeerrld". But its populated by utter feral scum. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Agree about town, after 9/10 it’s a fucking cesspit. I just doesn’t feel safe at all. It’s not just usual places either like slater st etc it’s all over. Rats on Mathew st trying to blag out of towners, gangs round Dale st even the Albert docks got gangs of kids hanging round the place causing misery. Even the Baltic market has been hijacked by the utter vermin lot. Best place now for a nice environment is Hope St area/Knowledge/Georgian quarter. 

That will get infested by the shite soon. They fucking love ruining a night out for other people 

South Road in Waterloo used to be a good night out but is rough as fuck now. Basically everyone from Bootle, Seaforth, Netherton and Thornton go there whereas before they would have their own pubs nearby. 

There's two pubs that have more drugs in them than ale. I walked in one and there was literally no one in there. Went for a piss and there were about 20 lads in there snorting coke. They all turn up between 12 and 1 to do all their deals despite the place being empty most of the night.

• Upvote 1