You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Club announce change in ticket buying process.

Seen elsewhere the club says seassie ticket holders will be asked to renew in April, it gets earlier every year.

Liverpool FC is overhauling its ticket-buying process ahead of next season by investing in innovative, industry-leading technology to improve ticket distribution and the way supporters can access Anfield.

As part of the club’s ongoing commitment to constantly improve how fans can buy and use tickets, LFC has partnered with leading mobile-focused ticketing platform SeatGeek to improve the performance of its ticketing website and make for a smoother fan experience during peak sale times.

During the club’s future Members’ sales, the new platform will offer supporters a more efficient and simplified buying experience when applying for the matches they would like to attend.

It also boasts a more dynamic queuing system to manage traffic volumes during busy periods and will give fans more clarity on where they are in the buying process through live updates and improved communication.

Focused on improving the mobile fan experience, the platform not only allows supporters to purchase through their mobile devices but will also support mobile access at the turnstiles for match e-tickets for fans wishing to move away from physical paper tickets.

Phil Dutton, vice president, ticketing and hospitality at LFC, said: “After listening to fan feedback and following extensive discussions with supporters at our fan forums, we have been making various changes behind the scenes to the way we run our Members’ ticket sales and the technology we use when welcoming supporters to Anfield.

“We understand how important it is for fans to get the opportunity to purchase tickets for matchdays and we’re committed to constantly improving our ticket-buying service and overcoming any issues still remaining.

“When considering the ticketing platform, our goal was to work with a partner that could provide world-class, innovative technology. The SeatGeek platform will help make the ticket-buying journey clearer and more efficient with better functionality. Our supporters will have an improved experience, from purchasing the ticket initially right the way through to accessing the stadium, all with the goal of improving ticket availability.”

Peter Joyce, managing director of EMEA Sport at SeatGeek, said: “Few sports clubs in the world have the level of demand for their tickets as Liverpool FC and a key focus has been to deliver as efficient a sales process as possible and embrace the latest technology to streamline the process.

“It is a huge privilege for us to welcome Liverpool FC as a SeatGeek client and we are really excited to work with the club and continue to innovate and drive efficiencies for supporters wherever possible.” 

SeatGeek is the industry-leading ticketing provider for the Premier League, with nine out of the 20 clubs now leveraging the SeatGeek platform.

The New York-headquartered company, which also has offices in the UK, has also seen strong momentum around the world, securing ticketing partnerships with global brands like the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints, MLS teams Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders, and the Dutch FA and PSV Eindhoven.

The new platform will launch for season ticket renewals ahead of a full rollout for the 2020-21 season.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/389088-lfc-teams-up-with-seatgeek-to-transform-ticket-buying-process

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Seen elsewhere the club says seassie ticket holders will be asked to renew in April, it gets earlier every year.

Liverpool FC is overhauling its ticket-buying process ahead of next season by investing in innovative, industry-leading technology to improve ticket distribution and the way supporters can access Anfield.

As part of the club’s ongoing commitment to constantly improve how fans can buy and use tickets, LFC has partnered with leading mobile-focused ticketing platform SeatGeek to improve the performance of its ticketing website and make for a smoother fan experience during peak sale times.

During the club’s future Members’ sales, the new platform will offer supporters a more efficient and simplified buying experience when applying for the matches they would like to attend.

It also boasts a more dynamic queuing system to manage traffic volumes during busy periods and will give fans more clarity on where they are in the buying process through live updates and improved communication.

Focused on improving the mobile fan experience, the platform not only allows supporters to purchase through their mobile devices but will also support mobile access at the turnstiles for match e-tickets for fans wishing to move away from physical paper tickets.

Phil Dutton, vice president, ticketing and hospitality at LFC, said: “After listening to fan feedback and following extensive discussions with supporters at our fan forums, we have been making various changes behind the scenes to the way we run our Members’ ticket sales and the technology we use when welcoming supporters to Anfield.

“We understand how important it is for fans to get the opportunity to purchase tickets for matchdays and we’re committed to constantly improving our ticket-buying service and overcoming any issues still remaining.

“When considering the ticketing platform, our goal was to work with a partner that could provide world-class, innovative technology. The SeatGeek platform will help make the ticket-buying journey clearer and more efficient with better functionality. Our supporters will have an improved experience, from purchasing the ticket initially right the way through to accessing the stadium, all with the goal of improving ticket availability.”

Peter Joyce, managing director of EMEA Sport at SeatGeek, said: “Few sports clubs in the world have the level of demand for their tickets as Liverpool FC and a key focus has been to deliver as efficient a sales process as possible and embrace the latest technology to streamline the process.

“It is a huge privilege for us to welcome Liverpool FC as a SeatGeek client and we are really excited to work with the club and continue to innovate and drive efficiencies for supporters wherever possible.” 

SeatGeek is the industry-leading ticketing provider for the Premier League, with nine out of the 20 clubs now leveraging the SeatGeek platform.

The New York-headquartered company, which also has offices in the UK, has also seen strong momentum around the world, securing ticketing partnerships with global brands like the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints, MLS teams Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders, and the Dutch FA and PSV Eindhoven.

The new platform will launch for season ticket renewals ahead of a full rollout for the 2020-21 season.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/389088-lfc-teams-up-with-seatgeek-to-transform-ticket-buying-process

I remember the good old days of just either showing up at the ticket office or sending stubs off in the post. What is this Seat Geek thing and will it worsen or improve ticket buying and touting? Do they add a commission on or get it from the club?

15 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I remember the good old days of just either showing up at the ticket office or sending stubs off in the post. What is this Seat Geek thing and will it worsen or improve ticket buying and touting? Do they add a commission on or get it from the club?

I guess at it's basic, SeatGeek is just another Ticketmaster or whatever. OK they may ticket 9 other PL clubs but I cant see city and Leicester etc having the demand for tickets like us.

Personally, I dont see any system stopping touting. Even in the old days of numbered ticket stubs you had scallies asking for them as you came out the ground.

Even as an STH, it's virtually impossible for me to buy an extra ticket if I want to go with my lad and aways might as well not exist unless you have mega credits.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

I gave up this season and didn't renew my membership after not being able to get anything for the previous three seasons.

Its ridiculous. I was a member for the past 5 years but didn't go to any games last year and its wiped me out. 

13 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Its ridiculous. I was a member for the past 5 years but didn't go to any games last year and its wiped me out. 

I had a reasonable run- first the PTS, then in the game-by-game sales- but once they went to selling in two tranches, I haven't had a sniff. I just log on, wait for the counter to go up to an hour, then get informed all the tickets are gone. Waste of time and money.

29 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I had a reasonable run- first the PTS, then in the game-by-game sales- but once they went to selling in two tranches, I haven't had a sniff. I just log on, wait for the counter to go up to an hour, then get informed all the tickets are gone. Waste of time and money.

Exactly the same as me. Up until last season I was in the Auto cup scheme for domestic and european tickets, went to about 10 home games a season and even those Charity games. I didn't go to any games last season for personal issues and have not had a sniff at all this season. 

Same as you I log in then just get had off by the countdown. Selling tickets in bulk two times a season is an absolute piss take. Even before I was a memeber I could at least buy tickets for cup games and Europa league. I couldn't even get s ticket for the replay against Shrewsbury as you still needed to go to about 4 games in the season and that was an u23 team we put out. 

They've really messed it up. 

12 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Exactly the same as me. Up until last season I was in the Auto cup scheme for domestic and european tickets, went to about 10 home games a season and even those Charity games. I didn't go to any games last season for personal issues and have not had a sniff at all this season. 

Same as you I log in then just get had off by the countdown. Selling tickets in bulk two times a season is an absolute piss take. Even before I was a memeber I could at least buy tickets for cup games and Europa league. I couldn't even get s ticket for the replay against Shrewsbury as you still needed to go to about 4 games in the season and that was an u23 team we put out. 

They've really messed it up. 

They haven't messed up from their point of view. As long as they fill a seat then it's a job done for them.

I don't think the touts are that big a part of the reason why tickets are so hard to come by, but there'll be a part of that of course.

With concerts and such like, you get a ticket or e-mail one sent to the address you specify, whereas for us, our cards get activated linked to an address we'll have had for years.  I'm sure the club would take a dim view of addresses with large numbers of members in them.

The exercise with 13+ games members run last autumn, apparently weeded out a few hundred members who couldn't provide any sort of proof of ID at all, so they are trying.

Its just overwhelming demand, pure and simple. And has been for well over twenty years.

Apparently, I've heard that for next summers sales, the normal member sales, after the 13+ games, will actually be a draw, in which those entered will be put into a series of ballots for each game available, like happens for finals and such like.

Then those who are successful, will then have a week or so, to buy the tickets they are entitled to.  It's not ideal, but it might spread out the available tickets to a wider range of members.

Until we have a ground which can fit 120,000 in it, it will always be a problem....

• 3 weeks later...

Not heard anything from the club about what will happen with the 

tickets bought.

If the rest of the games are played behind closed doors, how will they set the limit for priority fir next season etc, etc?

Anyone got any info?

9 minutes ago, Code said:

Not heard anything from the club about what will happen with the 

tickets bought.

If the rest of the games are played behind closed doors, how will they set the limit for priority fir next season etc, etc?

Anyone got any info?

I think everything is on hold at the moment. There's been no news about seassie ticket renewals which they were expecting to issue in April.