Quantcast
Naby Keita - Stick or Twist - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Milk

Naby Keita - Stick or Twist

Stick or twist   

87 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

• Keep Naby and forego the chance to sign another creative midfielder; he’ll come good
    • Shiny shiny, can’t take the risk of another stop/start season, huge shame though it is
    • I am

If he stays fit for the rest of the season and performs to a high standard in 7 out of 10 matches I'd keep him.  Otherwise sell him back to Germany. 

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

If he stays fit for the rest of the season and performs to a high standard in 7 out of 10 matches I'd keep him.  Otherwise sell him back to Germany. 

He won't even get in the team in "7 out of 10 matches"

Part of the problem is seeing how he performed when he was in Germany.  Although his stats look surprisingly good there's clearly a gulf between the game dominating monster who ran riot in Germany to the often timid looking shadow who goes missing when he's playing for us.

Whether or not he's done enough to merit a 3rd season is purely Klopp's decision to make.  It also depends on whether there's anyone available to step straight into his shoes within the right price range.

2 years in he still doesn't look to have settled and apparently his English is still shite, could be taxi for Naby time.

39 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I am shiny shiny chance to sign. 

Ive read some racist things in my career but fuck . ing . hell 

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think Ox is more of a goal threat.

More of a goal threat, but loses the ball far too much.

If we could somehow mesh them together we’d have the greatest midfielder in the league, or we could sell both and buy the closest approximation of the above.

Thought the penny had dropped with him last before Christmas, looked that player we were all promised. His fitness record is abysmal, I’m starting to think it’s not meant to be with him.

Even though the stats say he’s one of the greatest midfielders ever to grace the Premier League, if we were definitely signing a replacement that could contribute more on a non-flouncy-stat-nerd level then sadly it’s a no brainer. Preferably someone who isn’t gonna fuck off every other January and come back injured. 

31 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The fact he had a year to learn English and didn't bother filed him under M for MALINGERER. 

Firmino’s English isn’t great yet apparently he is fluent in German. You would have thought his English would have improved now.

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Firmino’s English isn’t great yet apparently he is fluent in German. You would have thought his English would have improved now.

Had no idea he spoke German. 

DeadPoorEastrussiancoursinghounds-small.gif

The only way we should be looking to sell is if we know something about his medical issues that we feel like we could leverage to get a better deal than we should.

He's been unfit but when he plays has been excellent. So it comes down to whether the sports scientists and doctors think he's likely to be fit more often in the future or whether they think he's likely to continue to have these problems.

• Upvote 1

We don't really do creative midfielders. I think his pace and ability to link up with the front 3 is why Klopp likes him. I love watching him when he's playing well, and I think he could have added something in the last couple of games, but that's the problem in a nutshell: when we have needed him he hasn't been there. I've never been one for criticising players for being unfit, but it's massively frustrating when your back up players aren't available when your first XI need a rest (see also Shaqiri, X).