You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Naby Keita - Stick or Twist

Dr Nowt

Stick or twist   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

• Keep Naby and forego the chance to sign another creative midfielder; he’ll come good
    • Shiny shiny, can’t take the risk of another stop/start season, huge shame though it is
    • I am

If he wasn't I jured and out the squad can see that being the first step out the door. Has he even really settled into living here yet. How's his English never hear him speak. He's had two years and despite what the fan boys and stat nerds drag up he has had very little influence on games or shown he can stay fit. 

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If he wasn't I jured and out the squad can see that being the first step out the door. Has he even really settled into living here yet. How's his English never hear him speak. He's had two years and despite what the fan boys and stat nerds drag up he has had very little influence on games or shown he can stay fit. 

I would get rid now after supporting him but how do you know he hasn’t settled into living here, with all due respect. I agree on the English but Firmino and Bert Moron hardly speak a word.

45 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I would get rid now after supporting him but how do you know he hasn’t settled into living here, with all due respect. I agree on the English but Firmino and Bert Moron hardly speak a word.

I'm not claiming to know, asking if anyone knows. The thing is he knew he was moving here a good 6 months before he did and yet from what I remember reading he didn't start English lessons before and just hung on to Mane. I wish it would work out, he has the talent but just looks like one of those that just doesn't work out. 

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'm not claiming to know, asking if anyone knows. The thing is he knew he was moving here a good 6 months before he did and yet from what I remember reading he didn't start English lessons before and just hung on to Mane. I wish it would work out, he has the talent but just looks like one of those that just doesn't work out. 

I understand mate but Moreno never spoke a word of English, how long was he here. I think he will be off myself unfortunately. Knowing our luck he will light it up somewhere else.

• 4 months later...

He’s been good.  He finally looks confident in his own ability playing for us.  He’s stopped giving the ball away in stupid positions, is making the correct pass constantly and is dribbling at the right time.  He just looks so much more relaxed on the pitch.

14 hours ago, clangers said:

He has looked better but has he really just been in the shop window over the last seven games?

In the current climate? No chance. I’m still amazed that Magic Mike Edwards got so much for an ageing Lovren though, so stranger things have happened...

56 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

When you put it like that, Id be inclined to agree aboout halving the Havertz fee.

You could even throw ox in there as well, as between them they're available as much as 1 whole player. I don't think £60m for those 2 is outrageous, which would also more than cover Havertz' wages, but we'd have to commit the money now without guaranteed sales, and that would never happen. 

On 29/07/2020 at 02:43, Horus said:

You could even throw ox in there as well, as between them they're available as much as 1 whole player. I don't think £60m for those 2 is outrageous, which would also more than cover Havertz' wages, but we'd have to commit the money now without guaranteed sales, and that would never happen. 

Havertz isn’t really a CM though is he? Selling two midfielders and replace them with him wouldn’t be wise IMO. Especially because they’re the younger midfielders in the squad.