You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Naby Keita - Stick or Twist

Dr Nowt

Stick or twist   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

• Keep Naby and forego the chance to sign another creative midfielder; he’ll come good
    • Shiny shiny, can’t take the risk of another stop/start season, huge shame though it is
    • I am

6 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

He's been unfit but when he plays has been excellent. So it comes down to whether the sports scientists and doctors think he's likely to be fit more often in the future or whether they think he's likely to continue to have these problems.

You think? He had a couple of decent games before Christmas but apart from that I can't really think when else he has delivered. 

Like Lallana he's great to throw on with 20 minutes to go when the opposition are tired and maybe the game is stretched but for the money we paid you want more than that . Yet to see his start a game and dominate from the off for me I'd get rid and maybe go for Maddison

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Like Lallana he's great to throw on with 20 minutes to go when the opposition are tired and maybe the game is stretched but for the money we paid you want more than that . Yet to see his start a game and dominate from the off for me I'd get rid and maybe go for Maddison

I wouldn't touch Madison on a free,and I suspect,nor would Klopp. An absolute cunt of a person,which seems to be everything that Klopp's players are not. We also don't tend to raid potential rivals and pay stupid money for an over the top hyped English player.

• Upvote 1

I’ve watched this Havertz a few times and he’s done nothing to show he’d come here and transform our midfield. I swear people only rate these players because they get priced up at over £100m by the FIFA brigade on social media. 

That malinkovic savic was another £100m darling everyone said we should buy the other year till we actually saw him play. 

Oh, sell Keita. Never gonna happen with us. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Red74 said:

I’ve watched this Havertz a few times and he’s done nothing to show he’d come here and transform our midfield. I swear people only rate these players because they get priced up at over £100m by the FIFA brigade on social media. 

That malinkovic savic was another £100m darling everyone said we should buy the other year till we actually saw him play. 

Keita shone in Germany and I thought he would do it here. Watch Havertz a bit more, he is a player. 

8 hours ago, Red74 said:

Tend to agree with both your point in general and about Havertz. Based on the little I’ve seen of Havertz he haven’t looked suited to the high intensity game we play.

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Tend to agree with both your point in general and about Havertz. Based on the little I’ve seen of Havertz he haven’t looked suited to the high intensity game we play.

He is ideal for us, I watch German footy more than any, as it happens I doubt we could get him. I championed Keita before we signed him and am at a loss, injuries aside to why he hasn’t flourished. 

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Don’t know as I don’t have a Crystal Ball. You need to watch a bit more of Havertz probably, Keita is not finished either I think, but he may be here.

Is Havertz worth the £100 mill that’s getting quoted though. I know it’s not our money and clubs will pay what they feel he’s worth but in your opinion would you go that big for him or redirect that money to a goal threat 

2 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Is Havertz worth the £100 mill that’s getting quoted though. I know it’s not our money and clubs will pay what they feel he’s worth but in your opinion would you go that big for him or redirect that money to a goal threat 

He scores goals mate but I know what you mean. A striker who guarantees goals would be great,even if it meant we went 4231. I would pay 75m for Havertz. And Werners clause on top.

7 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He scores goals mate but I know what you mean. A striker who guarantees goals would be great,even if it meant we went 4231. I would pay 75m for Havertz. And Werners clause on top.

I didn’t realise he was so young and feel that coming here with a massive price tag on his head could do him more harm than good. However, you’ve obviously seen a lot more of him than I have and I’ll go with what you say. If we brought him, sancho and Werner in this summer hopefully they can take the time to settle in together with having a similar age and background we can ease them into the team later in the season without them having the instant pressure put on them.

We’ve waited decades to be able to strengthen while we’re at the top. Hopefully if we land these 3 they can keep us up there.

48 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I would say no. That's probably the reason we won't sign him too. He scored 20 goals in all comps last year, but if he couldn't replicate those kinds of numbers early on in England, he'd be seen as a failure pretty quickly because of the price tag. 

30 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I didn’t realise he was so young and feel that coming here with a massive price tag on his head could do him more harm than good. However, you’ve obviously seen a lot more of him than I have and I’ll go with what you say. If we brought him, sancho and Werner in this summer hopefully they can take the time to settle in together with having a similar age and background we can ease them into the team later in the season without them having the instant pressure put on them.

We’ve waited decades to be able to strengthen while we’re at the top. Hopefully if we land these 3 they can keep us up there.

To be honest out of the three I only see us signing Werner, the other two would cost £200m.

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m not an expert on Jadon Sancho, German footy, or any footy for that matter, but I think signing a 19 year old English kid for what would be a record fee and giving him parity with our top earners would be a mistake at this point. At the very least it’s a hell of a gamble. 

Sancho is already one of the best in the world, though. It's a tough call. We certainly won't have the balls to do it, and maybe that's smart. I would do it, though. I physically lack balls, but I figuratively don't. 

• Upvote 1

Other than Mbappe is there any other player at sancho’s age whose delivering numbers like he does at that level who suits the way we play. 

With Manè and Mo off to the afcon in the winter, I’d rather we had him to bring in with Werner than rely on Divock and Brewster. 

players like him become cheap over the long term. Better going big once than having to pay £20m plus every summer to plug that gap

therell be enough Deadwood outgoings in the summer to cover his price