You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Naby Keita - Stick or Twist

Dr Nowt

Stick or twist   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

• Keep Naby and forego the chance to sign another creative midfielder; he’ll come good
    • Shiny shiny, can’t take the risk of another stop/start season, huge shame though it is
    • I am

Hypothetical scenario, keeping Naby and adding another player in his position isn’t an option.  

If the choice was either retain him for another season and not bring in another creative midfielder, or sell him and do so, which would you select?

It these are the two options he should be moved on. 

Depends on what others do as well though. Is Milner staying? Lallana is deffo off. Will Jones be a full member of the first team squad? Maybe Klopp decides to move on Chamberlain or Wijnaldum. Probably not.

We need six central midfielders if we aim to keep playing 4-3-3, and we need more creativity regardless what happens with Keita, in my opinion. 

I'm not sure there is space in the squad for Keita and Chamberlain. One has to go.

Sell him now whilst his stock is still pretty high. Has there ever been a player that has come good after two average at best seasons?

Next season I would give Harry Wilson Lallana's place and bring in somebody new for Keita. I've never seen Havertz play but my gut feeling is that he could become the best player in the clubs history.

• Upvote 1

I want him to succeed but there's a bad vibe surrounding his situation. Never has a solid run of games and even when he plays well, the moment is fleeting and people go back to wanting more from him, which we never get because he misses a game here and there shortly thereafter.

I'd rather keep him and sign someone, but I'd sell him if that was the only chance we could sign someone like Odegaard to replace him, for example.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

It these are the two options he should be moved on. 

Depends on what others do as well though. Is Milner staying? Lallana is deffo off. Will Jones be a full member of the first team squad? Maybe Klopp decides to move on Chamberlain or Wijnaldum. Probably not.

We need six central midfielders if we aim to keep playing 4-3-3, and we need more creativity regardless what happens with Keita, in my opinion. 

I'm not sure there is space in the squad for Keita and Chamberlain. One has to go.

IF it came down to a straight choice between Chamberlain and Keita, I’d keep Keita. However, Ox is going nowhere and we need someone we can rely on and we’d get a decent fee for Naby. Twist