You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) Premier League 7/3/2020 - 12:30

Bjornebye

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember a player for us whos form fell off a cliff as much as Fabinho. Gone from giving you absolute calm knowing he's on the pitch, to wondering which pass he's going to misplace next

Midfield is insipid with fabinho still struggling since his injury and oxocube putting in his usual all bluster, little quality performance. 

We're in trouble mid week if this is the line up.   Quite fortunate that Bournemouth are atrocious. 

• Downvote 1

Poor half that, we’re mainly in front because the opposition has made blunders in defence.

They look very likely to score again, mainly because our counterpressing is not there at all. When you push the team as high up the field as we do, you need to be extremely agressive to win in back after you loose it. We’re nowhere near the required pressing at the monent at opposition teams will keep punishing us until we regain it.

Fabinho is struggling. Doesn't look fully fit. He's the main reason why the two centre backs are getting isolated when the full backs have pushed on and Bournemouth can counter. 

Wijnaldum has played in that role. Maybe put him there and Lallana in midfield. 

Or have the centre backs drop off about 5 yards. The quick break looks like Bournemouth's best option to catch us out. 

We'll definitely be safer with another one. I think their heads will drop if it goes 3-1. Now that we're ahead, we need to keep up the tempo we adopted after being 1 down. The side to side stuff and back to the centre backs really nullifies our attack, particularly against a team happy to sit in. 

What is it with having the name Warnock is it a licence to chat shit?

This from ex-red Stepheny on the BBC sport...

"There was a push in the back, but I think Joe Gomez should have dealt with the situation better. It was the first attack that Bournemouth have had"

So Stephen if he's pushed in the back (fouled) how's he to do better?

If any comment is made by the referees body, I bet they say the foul was in a previous phase of play by the time the goal went in.

No way anyone is putting their name to that not being a foul, so they’ll have to shithouse it with an obviously bollocks excuse.

Just now, Stickman said:

What is it with having the name Warnock is it a licence to chat shit?

This from ex-red Stephen the BBC sport...

"There was a push in the back, but I think Joe Gomez should have dealt with the situation better. It was the first attack that Bournemouth have had"

So Stephen if he's pushed in the back (fouled) how's he to do better"  

He’s right. It was a foul, but it shouldn’t have gone to that... Gomez should’ve dealt it with it much earlier. I doubt if it had been Lovren, you guys would’ve been so generous.

• Downvote 3

Not been a good performance, our form is poor at the moment. Bournemouth looked dangerous almost every time they attacked because we are so open. That's been the story of our season since the winter break, easy to open up and hit on the counter.

If Atletico stop playing that cowardly shite football Simeone has them playing and they take the game to us, we'll definitely be conceding a few goals. Hell, I'm sure they've watched our recent games and are now probably wondering why they didn't bother trying to score a few more in the first leg.