You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) Premier League 7/3/2020 - 12:30

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Not much in that for me. They are usually given but Gomez was far too complacent there and should have simply played it back to Adrian or had a first touch well away from the goal. Mind you,the way Adrian is looking I'd avoid giving him the ball too. I am almost longing for Mignolet!!

Fucks sake Vlad it was a blatant push in the back 

• Upvote 7

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

It's a foul. But it's not one you always see given, the sport needs room to push that line. Suarez and Fowler did it, current front three as well (didn't Stones get caught out in a similar way recently?)

Was furious when it wasn't given, but it hardly the worst non-call we'll be on the wrong end of. Doubt it even will be this week.

A clear push in the back is always given. There's leeway on shoulder to shoulder but not a clear push in the back. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Fucks sake Vlad it was a blatant push in the back 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

A clear push in the back is always given. There's leeway on shoulder to shoulder but not a clear push in the back. 

Yup.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I agree, but it's not like it was a shove with his hand, he used his forearm and that's probably why it wasn't given. Should have been, but wasn't. Defenders get away with worse on Van Dijk every week.

It was a “clever” shove, if it can be described as that, as Wilson waited until Gomez was checking to play the ball before he shoved him. So Gomez lost his balance and that twat Tierney probably saw it as a nudge and no more from where he was.

The thing is Mané did similar against Norwich recently and their CB threw himself over (as all Norwich’s players had been doing) and the ref ignored that too.

I suppose you win some and you lose some, but VAR is supposed to be able to sort it out isn’t it?

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Not much in that for me. They are usually given but Gomez was far too complacent there and should have simply played it back to Adrian or had a first touch well away from the goal. Mind you,the way Adrian is looking I'd avoid giving him the ball too. I am almost longing for Mignolet!!

That's just incredibly naive.

Joe's run at full tilt to get to the aimless punt out of Bournemouth's area. People are talking like Wilson is a slouch, he's not and is every bit as quick as Joe who's the fastest player on our books.

So Joe's running at full tilt with a ball that's bouncing up and down from the long punt and you're expecting him to not break stride and coolly pass it back to Adrian. OK, that's your view but in mine and in the circumstances, totally beyond reasonable. It was a clear foul and not even similar to the incident for Sadio's goal at Norwich which has been mentioned elsewhere.

• Upvote 3

I saw so many comments saying Gomez needs to be stronger there, which given the physics involved is just ridiculous. 

Why can't it be reasonable to ask Wilson to work harder initially and get to the fucking thing first instead?

Reverse the roles and that happens in the penalty box and there'd be endless calls for a pen. Absolutely no doubt. 

Just now, A_S said:

I saw so many comments saying Gomez needs to be stronger there, which given the physics involved is just ridiculous. 

Why can't it be reasonable to ask Wilson to work harder initially and get to the fucking thing first instead?

Reverse the roles and that happens in the penalty box and there'd be endless calls for a pen. Absolutely no doubt. 

That's the thing though, when you're going full tilt, it's the little nudges that knock you out of your stride and off balance. Wilson was clever there, I'll give him that and he was a snidey cunt all game. I was surprised he got to the 90th minute before the useless Teirney booked him. Maybe I shouldnt have been on reflection!

• Upvote 1

It's a clear foul. Gomez is running back at pace with Wilson BEHIND HIM. Gomez is in control of the ball and situation. He is PUSHED in the back whilst he has at least one if not BOTH of his feet in the air. Ergo - there is no way he can react to the shove as he is totally off balance at that moment and this is why you see him run forward trying to re-balance himself and therefore lose control of the ball and situation. I say it again, a clear foul, because he was in control of it with Wilson BEHIND him. The only way Wilson was getting control of the ball/situation was through that foul. It was a shocking decision, but doesn't matter at the end of the day because we won the game. I also noticed how Gomez learnt from that push and basically gave as good as he got for the rest of the match.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

That's just incredibly naive.

Joe's run at full tilt to get to the aimless punt out of Bournemouth's area. People are talking like Wilson is a slouch, he's not and is every bit as quick as Joe who's the fastest player on our books.

So Joe's running at full tilt with a ball that's bouncing up and down from the long punt and you're expecting him to not break stride and coolly pass it back to Adrian. OK, that's your view but in mine and in the circumstances, totally beyond reasonable. It was a clear foul and not even similar to the incident for Sadio's goal at Norwich which has been mentioned elsewhere.

No,I think its a major difference between VVD and the likes of Gomez in that VVD once he gets there then nobody is getting past him by hook or by crook. Gomez was much too easily ruffled for that and I didn't have a problem with it not being given considering we still had a chance to stamp out the attack afterwards. The way they finished that move was way too easy and that is what the focus should be on. Adrian gave me the shits all game and even in the warm up.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

No,I think its a major difference between VVD and the likes of Gomez in that VVD once he gets there then nobody is getting past him by hook or by crook. Gomez was much too easily ruffled for that and I didn't have a problem with it not being given considering we still had a chance to stamp out the attack afterwards. The way they finished that move was way too easy and that is what the focus should be on. Adrian gave me the shits all game and even in the warm up.

Gomez definitely gets targeted as the weak link, 3 or 4 times he was bullied and pushed off the ball, leading to Bournemouth chances/goal. I don't remember anybody even attempting to push Virgil. We're going to need Gomez to be stronger on Wednesday or he could cause some trouble if someone like Costa decides to get physical with him. 

And I'm with you on Adrian, he seems very 'reactive', like he doesn't move or react until the ball is already on its way to him and then it seems like a rush and panic to get his hands on it, whereas Alisson would have already predicted where the ball is going to be going and gets in the necessary position in advance, making it look easy.