You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) Premier League 7/3/2020 - 12:30

Bjornebye

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another game where we had over 70% possession (75% according to the BBC) and yet that scramble in our box near the end could’ve seen us being pegged back.

Thankfully, we were able to see the game out and had Mane’s shot hit the post and gone in, it would’ve been a truer reflection of the game.

We all know that we’re not playing anywhere near our best level, and haven’t done for some time, but we’re still going to win the league.

Ideally, we’ll snap into it against Atletico on Wednesday, dump them out of the CL, then go on to twat the two blueshites and win the title against Palace at home.

This season is not allowing us to think too far ahead though.

Teams are setting up to frustrate us and rely on goals on the break, just at a time when our brilliant defence has stuttered and when Alisson has picked up an injury, so primarily, we need to get our defence back on track, today wasn’t too bad mostly and how that joke Tierney missed the shove on Gomez I don’t know.

Our build up play has become more deliberate, but that doesn’t catch teams out, as Virgils ball to Mané did for the second goal, and if we’re going to see more negative tactics against us, then I’d like to see Gomez and Virgil carry the ball more to commit the opposition to have to come out at them which will make spaces for us to exploit. Lawrenson and Hansen used to do that back in the day and perhaps we could learn a little from those days.

Also, whoever we have in midfield or up front, they should be encouraged to take more shots, as Mané did when he hit the post. It’s the old saying that if you don’t buy a ticket, you don’t win the lottery. Possession is one thing but unless you actually do something with it, then what’s the point?
As I said earlier, thankfully we held out for the win, and getting the next 9 points might still prove to be more nerve wracking than we’d like it to be, but we will get there eventually.

Getting behind the team will really help them, and more importantly, it’ll help us.

Next.

• Upvote 1

We got the job done, as we have in so many games this season.

I only saw the last 30 minutes as I was at a funeral earlier, but there was a noticeable lack of tempo to our play on the whole. There were moments where we were able to quicken the pace, and it was these moments which led to the best bits of play I saw. Sadio hitting the bar. Sadio just failing to get on the end of Bobby's ball across the six yard box. Mo drawing a save down by the keeper's near post. Bobby missing the target when well placed.

Bournemouth still had a great chance to equalise but Wilson got his feet in a muddle at the decicive moment when Ake squared it to him. I'm sure that would have been ruled out for offside against Ake. And earlier, we required Big Game James' intervention on the goal line when Fraser lobbed Adrian after we'd got our defensive line wrong.

25-point lead restored (though City have 2 games in hand) and we go on.

5 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Some bunch of fannies on here. 

Yeah you can say our play is predictable or too slow, but in reality every team we play against put 11 behind the ball and barely come out of their box. 

There's really not much more we can do to beat these teams by more goals than we do. 

Maybe take a few long shots? Yeah perhaps. 

But general I think we've been rather flawless

Yes, rather predictably flawless.

2 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Robbo has looked bushed lately. Hopefully having today off has recharged the battery for Wednesday.

On MOTD just now they said Jurgen had said he was ‘somewhere between injured and rested’ whatever that means!!

9 minutes ago, suzy said:

On MOTD just now they said Jurgen had said he was ‘somewhere between injured and rested’ whatever that means!!

Injurested? 

50 minutes ago, Caramac said:

@rb14

Q39UIqH.gif

I still think Joe could have sprinted for that ball and launched it into the Main Stand before that lummox was anywhere near him.

Still, he's the second best CB in the division and I'd much rather he have a rare lapse in this game if it means he's sharp on Wednesday. 

32 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I still think Joe could have sprinted for that ball and launched it into the Main Stand before that lummox was anywhere near him.

Still, he's the second best CB in the division and I'd much rather he have a rare lapse in this game if it means he's sharp on Wednesday. 

His lapse wasn’t “not getting to the call and clearing it” his lapse was trying hard to keep his feet.

it took a lot of effort from him to stay up. I get angered by centre half’s who go down easily to win cheap pressure releasing free kicks, I feel affronted by it, as to me that’s the behaviour of a shithouse winger or forward, but when it takes that much effort to keep your feet, just go down.

same with Sadio in the cup against Chelsea when his was clearly caught and got fuck all. Hit the deck lad.

42 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He was sprinting for the ball and that clip doesnt show the distance he'd already run to get to it. Wilson's also knocked out of his stride and off balance. Could he have launched it into the SKD? Sure, with hindsight he could have and then all the moaners in the ground have a go at him conceeding a needless throw in, in the last 3rd of the pitch when the keeper's on for the pass back. But, like everyone else in the ground, he's thinking he's getting to the ball first and is in front of the attacker so any shove in the back is a clear foul.

2 hours ago, rb14 said:

Oh for goodness sake that's an absolute disgrace. Ridiculous. And with VAR? There are only two ways that's not given as a foul:

1. Incompetence. 

2. Incompetence.

3. Incompetence. 

4. Or something else. 

So much for the LiVARpool twats now

10 hours ago, Caramac said:

@rb14

Q39UIqH.gif

Not much in that for me. They are usually given but Gomez was far too complacent there and should have simply played it back to Adrian or had a first touch well away from the goal. Mind you,the way Adrian is looking I'd avoid giving him the ball too. I am almost longing for Mignolet!!

We need to get stuck into all these cunts and show them we're the world and European champions. Swagger, aggressively fast paced attacks like we've been treated to for ages. Not many games left now so let's tear up shit and show what champions play like. 

Please. This isn't good for the nerves. 

It's a foul. But it's not one you always see given, the sport needs room to push that line. Suarez and Fowler did it, current front three as well (didn't Stones get caught out in a similar way recently?)

Was furious when it wasn't given, but it hardly the worst non-call we'll be on the wrong end of. Doubt it even will be this week.