You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) Premier League 7/3/2020 - 12:30

Bjornebye

We seem to have drifted into late-Rafa habits in terms of predictability. There's that robotic 'give Virge the ball in the centre circle' theme that is fair enough most of the time, but when there's not enough quick and sharp movement ahead it leaves us looking very slow and laboured. Add to that Mo's obsession with trying to play a one-two on the right and looking to run into the middle - it's way too predictable and it's doing my head in. Go down the line every now and again. Maybe play a while on the left. Shake things up. 

But at least we won Thank god for that. You don't turn around this kind of problem in one match. We played a bit better. Milner was great. Now let's push on.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Cith lose tomorrow, which is a real possibility we'll be champions tomorrow evening. 

a5jnPMPg_700wa_0.gif

Wouldn't we still need 2 wins as now we need 3?

Some bunch of fannies on here. 

Yeah you can say our play is predictable or too slow, but in reality every team we play against put 11 behind the ball and barely come out of their box. 

There's really not much more we can do to beat these teams by more goals than we do. 

Maybe take a few long shots? Yeah perhaps. 

But general I think we've been rather flawless

Fuck me, it seems every fucking ref, lino and VAR is blind to a clear shove in the back on a player. Sure, there's lots of 50 \ 50 shoving going on around free kicks and corners but how can a ref, lino and VAR not see that clear and obvious push on Gomez in the run up to Bournemouth's goal?

It's not even shoulder to shoulder which most of the shithouses always give, it's a clear shove that knocks Gomez out of his stride and possession of the ball. It seems the closer we get to being crowned the Champions that we are, refs and linos are letting oppos get away with more.

It really was the last thing we wanted after a quite bright opening spell by the boys. Yeah, we werent at our fluid best but we were just starting to assert our authority when Bournemouth just booted the ball away. It was falling for Joe until Wilson blatantly shoved Gomez off the ball. It was a sign of things to come because Wilson acted the cunt all game with his shithousery. How he got to the 90th minute before he finally got booked is just down to more incompetence by the ref.

Fortunately, the crowd saw the injustice of the goal and got behind the team although Jurgen had to do a bit of prompting on the far touchline. Maybe he heard some abject comment behind him?

The boys were giving it their best but, when you're out of form, passes go astray, the touch is off and the ball doesnt roll for you. Even so, Bournemouth were undone by two breakaways. The first saw Sadio break on the bournemouth defence. I thought he was going to go alone in the box but instead decided to pick out Mo. The ball left Mo with a bit to do and I thought the chance had gone. But somehow, Mo managed to find the back of the net to make the score 1-1.

It would be great to say the boys then kicked on but in truth, it was a nervy game and needed another long clearance upfield which again found Sadio in space. This time he went alone to make it 2-1. Had Jurgen had a word with Mo and Sadio and maybe even Bobby to say stop thinking of the golden boot and play for each other?

Virtually nothing came off for Bobby. Maybe he needs a rest?

Bournemouth were still a threat and in the first half Adrian made an excellent save to tip the ball over the bar. Then he looked nervy on a long range shot where he kind of got both hands on the ball. From my seat, it looked like the ball was going anywhere and not where Adrian intended. Fortunately it went away from goal. He then came out a long way for a cross to punch the ball away. But if he'd missed that, the consequences dont bear thinking off.

Second half I thought we needed another goal or two to settle the team but it wouldnt come. Sadio had another great effort from just outside the box that didnt curl enough and instead hit the angle of post and bar with the keeper beaten.

I cannot remember if it was before or after Sadio's effort but bournemouth came perilously close to grabbing an equaliser. Adrian was caught in no man's land as the ball was lofted over him with the ball looking destined to end up in the net. That was until Milner made a fantastic goal line clearance to hack the ball seemingly from under the bar and away.

Bournemouth ended up effectively playing with 10 men having used all their subs when Billing I think it was got a knock and could only hobble about for the last 10 minutes.

It was a scruffy game but we also created a new record with 22 consecutive home wins. 3 points in the bag and just 3 more wins to make it mathematically ours. But the crowd already know the score and we banged out 'We're gonna win the league!' at the final whistle. You all know we are, dont you?

I dont usually watch manc games and Im in two minds whether to watch their derby tomorrow. If city lose, it means we can win it against Palace if we beat the shite a week Monday.

That's how I want it. I want us to win it at Anfield, not the emptihad with a chorus of boos running around the gaff. I wouldnt give them the steam off my piss so I dont want to give them the opportunity to sully our triumph.

We've waited 30 years for this moment, it needs to be in front of our fans to celebrate not those bunch of shitheads with their multitude of myths about us.

• Upvote 3

Enormous victory, had some pretty horrific thoughts at 1-0. Panic stations that make you feel alive, there was an element of this season, the nigh on invincibility gave it this feeling of surreal sense to it. The struggle and emotion caused by a bit of adversity can’t be beaten, you saw Klopp’s reaction. That was visceral, that was passion.

James fucking Milner, what an absolutely brilliant man what an absolutely brilliant character. Salah’s goal was a brilliant finish, needs to find that consistently and great finish from Sadio, cool as you like. Roll on Wednesday 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Yeah you can say our play is predictable or too slow, but in reality every team we play against put 11 behind the ball and barely come out of their box. 

There are things you can do when you're too slow and predictable. Be quicker and less predictable. Zip the passes around more, much more aggressive closing down of opponents and a bit more imaginaton and invention in the final third.

7 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

There are things you can do when you're too slow and predictable. Be quicker and less predictable. Zip the passes around more, much more aggressive closing down of opponents and a bit more imaginaton and invention in the final third.

I dont agree we're too slow and predictable. We are clearly out of form. Fortunately, it's only hurt us once in the league. No one was really complaining about slow and predictable before we lost at Watford. And last season, people moaned because our game management was shite.

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

City play tomorrow and midweek against arsenal. If they lose both we can win the title at the pit  a week Monday.

If it wasn’t for the fact that the fans and players deserve to see us win it at home, it’d be fucking brilliant to win it at Goodison as apparently that’s where we lost it last year.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, halewood pete said:

The 3 points were crucial today.Ox was poor,lost possession too often today ,Trents crosses poor also.I thought the best team lost on today's performance but obviously glad they did so.Just my own opinion. 

I thought Ox was one of our better players, a lot of times he'd look like the only one playing with any kind of energy. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, halewood pete said:

The 3 points were crucial today.Ox was poor,lost possession too often today ,Trents crosses poor also.I thought the best team lost on today's performance but obviously glad they did so.Just my own opinion. 

I thought Ox was one of our better players, a lot of times he'd look like the only one playing with any kind of energy. 

As I said match thread think we need to keep playing fab to get him into some sort of form we need him. However everything he tried today passing , tackling and interceptions were dreadful in execution. However love the fact he not hiding and demanding the ball just not so sure he best person to have it at the minute

Three points is three points. I thought we were a bit better than at Chelsea which was itself a lot better than Watford. I expect we'll be better again Wednesday especially if Robbo and Henderson are fit. It was always very unlikely that Jurgen was going to click his fingers and turn poor form around in an instant. 

• Upvote 1

Fabinho and Firmino are concerns, but I didn't think we were anywhere near as bad as against Watford. I don't know why we apparently lost a yard of pace the ability to pass accurately throughout the entire team midway through the season, but there were signs today of us getting it back together.

There was fuck all against Watford and Chelsea so I'm taking that as a positive.

31 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

As I said match thread think we need to keep playing fab to get him into some sort of form we need him. However everything he tried today passing , tackling and interceptions were dreadful in execution. However love the fact he not hiding and demanding the ball just not so sure he best person to have it at the minute

Yep, he's stinking the gaff out but not hiding. I think like a few others, he needs to just do the basics. He's getting caught upfield a lot. So, dont go upfield as much.

Similarly with Bobby. His little flicks and tricks arent coming off so cut them out and play the ball properly. Loved it when we sang Si Senor to him even though he was poor again.

2 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

103, so we average 100 points for each of the past two seasons.

Do I hear 104?

It'd also mean the average points total across the last three seasons would be just shy of 92 points! Again, more than the fabled Invincibles did in a single season. And 2x CL finals, with one successful. But yeah, Klopp's team aren't a patch on them etc. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, A_S said:

It'd also mean the average points total across the last three seasons would be just shy of 92 points! Again, more than the fabled Invincibles did in a single season. And 2x CL finals, with one successful. But yeah, Klopp's team aren't a patch on them etc. 

Might yet have only lost 2 league games in 2 seasons as well. Which would obliterate any previous records, surely.