You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) Premier League 7/3/2020 - 12:30

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

With that said, it wasn’t the first time this season we’ve rode our luck and won by a single goal.

While in progress, it was difficult for me not to see it through the prism of recent defeats, but with the possible exception of a truly awful Fabinho performance, I don’t think it was remarkably poor in the context of the season.

This.  Considering our poor form lately that decision by tierney and then var to allow that goal was the worst thing that could have happened to us as we had started well. Huge comeback and win under the circumstances. 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was poor, and you could feel there’s some mental pressure, it’s great we do have such a lead because it would be horrible Should we have a 2 pts lead. 

we were lucky to play vs this Bournemouth team, we’re shite at the moment, but football is weird , and it’s going to be totally different Wednesday. European football, live or die. It’s 50/50, so let’s do it Redmen. 

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The reason I responded to aRdja is because he has agendas and obviously had to mention Firmino's form as he is obsessed with being proven right about things years down the line. He has a fixation on certain players and arguments he can't let go of. 

That isn't a reason to respond to aRdja. Quite the opposite.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Bobby is integral to the way we play and it's stupid to just judge him on goals alone. Anyone watching us play under Klopp would/should realise that. Not scoring at Anfield is just one of those freak runs. You can put Aguero in there but the team won't function as it does now.

True, and I think >90% of our support has realized this now.

The whole team clearly suffer from a drop in form at the moment, including Bobby even if he’d been better than many others over the last few weeks. And of course we expect a few more goals from him, even if the way we set up and with the job Bobby is doing other players will obviously be more likely to score the goals.

26 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

That'll do. The three points is all that matters. 

Performance wise, I hope we're doing some rope-a-dope type of shit, just doing enough to win and then we'll release the shackles over the next 3 or 4 more difficult games. 

But, I just think we're fucking knackered. 

I don’t think we’re knackered, I just think we are short of a couple of players hitting form again. For instance, if Fab is playing at the level he was hitting pre-injury then we are coasting that game today and he hasn’t played enough games to be knackered.

35 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Three points but a poor performance. What's happened to this team? They were a pleasure to watch before the break, painful since.

I think subconsciously they have slacked off a bit. Can't explain how we are otherwise being bullied and beaten to loose balls so often, and struggling to beat teams at the lower end. 

• Upvote 1

It wasn’t great it wasn’t pretty at times but we showed some balls at least after what’s happened last couple of weeks to come back from a shocking decision and against a team battling for points .

i didn’t think we’d hammer these as that never seems to happen when you’re in a bit of a rut but sometimes to get out of it you just have to battle to a win no matter how....Hopefully

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

Oh and Milner, what an incredible clearance that was. He is truly deserving of his first genuine premiership medal when we eventually win it. 

His influence is unquantifiable, which is why some xG virgins don’t always get what he brings. Truly insane clearance. 

• Upvote 3