Quantcast
Cheltenham 2020 - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Put the Kettle On not running in the Northern Trust now and will go Arkle. That's one of my NRNB ones out. I'll back it for the Arkle anyhow but it's a much tougher test. I'll go with Hold the Note in the Northern Trust instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are probably better following trainers at the festival but the problem with that is that the likes of Mullins and Nicholls have about 5 horses in every race and its always the ones you don't back that win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s right, usually the lesser fancied ones come in plus the horses that come over from Ireland often get placed at least , at big prices, unless you follow Irish racing you won’t be aware of some.

Ill be just doing a few Place Pots and will be looking elsewhere, though a mate of mine has a part ownership thing with a horse that run in a bumper at Ludlow last week , he said it’s only running to get ready for a run at Cheltenham, can’t think of its name Glinka I think though will post if I get any info later.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just reading and thinking "How the fuck did we get to betting on horses in the coronavirus thread?"

 

Now to go back and click on the right thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if sky bet or any other bookie for that matter are returning losing stakes as cash this year? Made some good Eurodollars from that last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Remmie said:

Anyone know if sky bet or any other bookie for that matter are returning losing stakes as cash this year? Made some good Eurodollars from that last year

Skybet are doing the first race but it will only be £10 instead of £20 this time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Skybet are doing the first race but it will only be £10 instead of £20 this time.

Cheers, will it be every day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/03/2020 at 17:11, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Can anyone find the Gold Cup winner?

And further to that, with the withdrawal of Native River, had he been in it, could anyone make a case for there being three better Horses in the race than him?

Lostintranslation for me I think, Kemboy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JP McManus bought a horse yesterday, Alfa Mix is the name and it's entered into the Coral Cup and the Martin Pipe. Trained by Gavin Cromwell who is having a good season. He doesn't just buy horses unless he really thinks there's a chance of a prize. Was available at 25/1 yesterday for the Coral, now 10/1. I've backed it at 20/1 but could be one to keep an eye on.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2020 at 10:43, easytoslip said:

That’s right, usually the lesser fancied ones come in plus the horses that come over from Ireland often get placed at least , at big prices, unless you follow Irish racing you won’t be aware of some.

Ill be just doing a few Place Pots and will be looking elsewhere, though a mate of mine has a part ownership thing with a horse that run in a bumper at Ludlow last week , he said it’s only running to get ready for a run at Cheltenham, can’t think of its name Glinka I think though will post if I get any info later.

I'm glad I lost my shirt on Zeke's tip as I don't have anything else to lose on this one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

JP McManus bought a horse yesterday, Alfa Mix is the name and it's entered into the Coral Cup and the Martin Pipe. Trained by Gavin Cromwell who is having a good season. He doesn't just buy horses unless he really thinks there's a chance of a prize. Was available at 25/1 yesterday for the Coral, now 10/1. I've backed it at 20/1 but could be one to keep an eye on.

Just as an aside, I've had my house on this e/w, so if it doesn't win, then what's going to happen to @Ezekiel 25:17 soon and what happened to the Loughgall Martyr's is going to be a nice Sunday afternoon stroll with sandwiches, compared to what's going to happen to you. You cunt.

Cheers for the tip etc, obviously.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Just as an aside, I've had my house on this e/w, so if it doesn't win, then what's going to happen to @Ezekiel 25:17 soon and what happened to the Loughgall Martyr's is going to be a nice Sunday afternoon stroll with sandwiches, compared to what's going to happen to you. You cunt.

Cheers for the tip etc, obviously.

 

Even if it doesn't win at Cheltenham, put it in your horse tracker and back it the next few times and you'll get your money back!

 

I've a fair bet on it but like any horse race, anything can happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 1 - 

13:30 Shiskin 4/1

14:10 Brewin' Upastorm 6/1

         Maire Bairigh 12/1

14:50 Discorama 7/1

         Kildisart 10/1

15:30 Ballyandy 18/1

         Not So Sleepy 25/1

16:10 Benie Des Dieux 8/13

16:50 Hold The Note 15/2

17:30 Springfield Fox 7/1

 

All singles bar Benie Des Dieux which is in a treble with Tiger Roll and Paisley Park.

 

Didn't fancy anything in the Champion Hurdle. Looks a weak race and will be on soft ground so I'm just having a punt on a couple of outsiders. Ballyandy should run his race and Not So Sleepy would have a chance judging by the huge improvement of his 3rd last and penultimate runs (blew the start of his last race, hence being 25/1 here).

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 1. Usually my best day and then all downhill for the week, but this year is a nightmare. No real stand outs other than BDD. 

 

1.30 - Chantry House e/w @14/1. Added Fiddlerontheroof e/w @6/1 today with the William Hills first 7 places special 

2:10 - Brewinupastorm e/w @8/1

2:50 - Kildisart e/w @14/1, Cepage e/w @25/1

3:30 - Cilaos Emery e/w @7/1, Darver Star e/w @16/1 

4:10 - BDD win and in about 30 multi bets

4:50 - Galvin e/w @10/1, Hold the Note e/w @14/1

5:30 - Forza Milan e/w @14/1. Depending on how the day goes I might have a nibble on Lord Du Mesnil too. 

 

Best of luck everyone. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×