You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

For the first time in my lifetime of following racing, I have no idea of the winner of the Champion Hurdle.

While it has to be said, I've not always picked the winner, I've usually had a fair idea, but this year it's as wide open as I can remember.

This has been my favourite race in the calendar since I just about remember Monsksfield winning it back to back.

Epitatante is one I've followed, but it's won at very short odds and against not much in the last few months.

Fusil Raffles might be one E?W in this.

• Upvote 1

I backed Honeysuckle NRNB for the CH but she's now going Mares hurdle. I think it's an opportunity missed. I'm the same as you @Toxteth O'Grady - I have no idea what to back. It's wide open. I might just do Sharjah each way.

Other ante post / NRNB bets I've done:

NHC - Forza Milan @20/1

Northern Trust - Put the Kettle on @25/1

Pertemps - A great view @25/1

Stayers - Paisley Park @ 11/10, 6/4 and Evens.

Kim Muir -Bob Mahler @25/1, Plan of Attack @25/1

Albert Bartlett - Lord Royal @25/1

Still have a lot of reading to do yet before the week is out.

• Upvote 1

It does look like the winner at 13/8 , Custard The Dragon 8/1 , I got 9s in the 7.00 Southwell looks ok for an ew . 

My mate part owns one on Saturday called Sabrina trained by P Nichols I think , he’s texting me the stable update later.

Im still putting a small ew each week on Definitely Red for the National 25s then 20s might be shorter now having won well on the weekend, if that takes place?

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

there's a horse running today at navan called 'Cut the Mustard' 15:40, I don't bet on horse racing or anything so won't be backing it but told it will definitely win, suckers.

You spread Mustard, not cut it, Stewart Lee told us that.

Like @Jairzinho, I've just sold my three Rickenbacker 12 strings and put every penny on it.

If it loses, I'm going to sneak in while you're out and cut all your dancing shirts to ribbons.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

there's a horse running today at navan called 'Cut the Mustard' 15:40, I don't bet on horse racing or anything so won't be backing it but told it will definitely win, suckers.

It came second at 5/2 fav . I didn't back it either.

Gold cup is a nightmare too. 

Winning back to back Gold Cups is very rare, so that rules out Al Boum Photo for me. 

Alpha Des Obleaux too old at 10. Presenting Percy ran a stinker last year (found lame) and hasn't been good this year. Santini is a very good horse but gets a bit close to fences at times so that's a black mark for me. Kemboy has jumping issues, always makes 2,3 mistakes in races but was close to Delta Work at the DRF and didn't look all out. 

I do think it will be an Irish winner. I'm likely to go for one out of Monalee, Kemboy or Delta Work. Prob back Delta Work single and Monalee e/w at a big enough price. Really is impossible to call. 

• Upvote 1