Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Watford 3 Liverpool 0 (Feb 29 2020)

Recommended Posts

we have been lucky so,  so many times. soton away, Sheffield away, west ham home, watford home, man city (var), only thing was against us was  manu,  jne,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it really sure, that henderson is the captainplayer of our team? same must ask, firmino. same as gini. they are players, that i dont understand.  mbabbe is player i like,

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, timo1966 said:

firmino has never scored at Anfield at that season. i dont understand why we keep that kind of player. sell to munich, and timo in

 

 

My name is cabbage and I endorse this message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timo1966 said:

firmino has never scored at Anfield at that season. i dont understand why we keep that kind of player. sell to munich, and timo in

 

Jings, crivvens and help ma Boab.  What the fuck is this shit ?

Here's a guy who definitely came on her to be fucked at.

 

We sucked, we lost, move on.

Genuine supporters will take it on the chin and get behind the team, the gloryseekers will continue to whine like cunts and try to vilify players, all the time singing You'll Never Walk Alone without having the first idea what it actually stands for.

One of your best ever reports Dave, well balanced forthright and honest.  A bad day at the office doesn't detract from the incredible things this team has done or turn them into a shower of shite, they'll still be worthy Premiership Champions within a month or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, timo1966 said:

firmino has never scored at Anfield at that season. i dont understand why we keep that kind of player. sell to munich, and timo in

 

 

D8D46B69-D7C3-4E6C-A85E-E4E3DF3D037C.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Great report, Dave.

 

The thing that shits me most about the Lovren scapegoat shit is that we have lauded the achievements of this team as a collective. One for all and all for one - for 14 months.

 

Then we lose one game, where everyone was shit.  All these players that we have been loving for 14 months all go off the boil.  And what do we do?  We kick the shit out of one of them - the least of them, actually.

 

The great thing about the team - the best apart about this team, these mentality monsters - is there togetherness and esprit de corps.

 

As for us fans... we win together... but we don't lose together?

 

Lovren might well be shit, but our response has been much, much shitter.

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timo1966 said:

we have been lucky so,  so many times. soton away, Sheffield away, west ham home, watford home, man city (var), only thing was against us was  manu,  jne,

 

3 hours ago, timo1966 said:

is it really sure, that henderson is the captainplayer of our team? same must ask, firmino. same as gini. they are players, that i dont understand.  mbabbe is player i like,

 

 

3 hours ago, timo1966 said:

firmino has never scored at Anfield at that season. i dont understand why we keep that kind of player. sell to munich, and timo in

 


 

Alien contact. Eat your heart out SETI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

timo1966 can tell me you, did we losed or winned? 

 

More pertinently, "baked bean headed tit" is fabulous, ta. Carry on like that and I might subscribe. 

 

In tennis, getting to three break points in the game is absolutely no guarantee of breaking serve. If you don't convert the very next point, it's hard. Lose the next and the game's going to deuce, nailed-on. I don't really know whether that's just confusing rubbish - probably is - but I do know we absolutely MUST beat Bournemouth or it may well get very ugly very quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not having your view on Lovren one bit. So everyone was shite and nobody defended well for the goals. Fine. 
 

but for the first goal you can’t say to Troy “you didn’t roll him, he did his job and the ball went over both of you”. That’s bollocks.

 

the ball bounced. It fucking bounced over both of them. Without Lovren making any attempt at all to win the ball.

 

it happened way more times that just that goal too. So busy holding onto Denney - who is every regard other then ‘being a nuisance’ is shite - that he didn’t play the ball all night and let it go over his head time after time after time.

 

we were all shit. I’ve not seen anyone say we weren’t, and I’ve definitely not seen anyone make your straw man “it’s Lovrens fault the front three were shit” argument.

 

but then all being unusually shit doesn’t stop it being fair to say Lovren was typically shit, not typically in the hes always shit - as he’s not - but typically in the way he was shit. 
 

just like skrtel before him, up against this type of player he stops trying to defend, starts trying to be a wrestler and becomes a liability to everyone around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be some stat-man on here who can analyse distances covered, sprints etc per player over the season compared to this game because it looked to me that there was a huge drop-off in the basics such as moving off the ball and running into space. And that's been the case over the last few weeks as well, mainly in the 1st half of each game when we have coasted before Klopp sorts them out at half time and we turn up the volume a bit in the 2nd half. Our playing style has changed over the last couple of years and we are much better in possession now but our threat comes from periods of fast interplay to release the forwards or to create overlaps. And then swarming all over the opposition when they have the ball. The worrying thing at the moment is we have lost that intensity. Klopp will be aware of this for sure and he may have to freshen up the line-up from now until the end of the season where key players are on empty - for example, Gini & Bobby. Fabs should be full of running but something's not right with him since his return. Having Milner back should help because he runs more than anyone else anyway so he can set the tone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only just steeled myself sufficiently to look at this thread. Nothing to add really except to say my favourite bit of the evening was once the game had finished and Harry the Hornet or whatever his name is came and taunted the away fans.

 

Robbo gave him such an extended look - may even have said something - that Harry didn't hang about. For that alone Robbo gets my motm vote.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovren was crap. Everyone was crap. First goal..... could Lovren have done better? But - should there have been another player in front of deeney? Trent and Ox seemed to be marking each other. Virg was caught on his heels, Sarr made up best part of 5 yards on Robbo. They were quicker in mind and body all over the pitch all game. 

Third goal - again, should someone (Fabinho?) have been in front of Deeney for that long punt? I'm thinking back to a couple of years agao at OT, where Lukaku out-muscled Lovren, knocked on for Rashford to leave Trent for dead and score - no-one in front of Lukaku, the way Lucas always used to do. 

Their 2nd - massively lucky - how does that ball stay in play, rolling along the touchline, against the camber of the pitch? And how does Deeney's pass get through Robbo and become the perfect through ball. Good finish, though, that lad gave us major problems in both games. Having said all that, 3-0 didn't flatter them. We weren't going to score and there was more of a danger of a more severe beating.

Almost wish we weren't playing tonight - they're likely to put out a stronger team than us, and another defeat would have lots of people going into hysterics. Much rather have the whole squad stewing over Saturday and going out determined to take it out on Bournemouth. 

But we do have a game, so, Come on you Reds - and you young reds in Portugal this afternoon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 positives after the 3-0 spanking Watford gave us:

1. If we lose or draw against Everton and-/or MCity. They can’t say they were the ones to stop us

2. Should we win the rest it’s not entirely a draw at Old T that stopped us getting a 100% score

3. We lost 1 match 3-0, not 3 matches 1-0

4. We’re 22 points ahead of 2nd placed team with 10 matches to go

5. Lesson told: To win matches you our players need to commit themselves 100%. Hopefully lesson learned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Lovren was crap. Everyone was crap. First goal..... could Lovren have done better? But - should there have been another player in front of deeney? Trent and Ox seemed to be marking each other. Virg was caught on his heels, Sarr made up best part of 5 yards on Robbo. They were quicker in mind and body all over the pitch all game. 

Third goal - again, should someone (Fabinho?) have been in front of Deeney for that long punt? I'm thinking back to a couple of years agao at OT, where Lukaku out-muscled Lovren, knocked on for Rashford to leave Trent for dead and score - no-one in front of Lukaku, the way Lucas always used to do. 

Their 2nd - massively lucky - how does that ball stay in play, rolling along the touchline, against the camber of the pitch? And how does Deeney's pass get through Robbo and become the perfect through ball. Good finish, though, that lad gave us major problems in both games. Having said all that, 3-0 didn't flatter them. We weren't going to score and there was more of a danger of a more severe beating.

Almost wish we weren't playing tonight - they're likely to put out a stronger team than us, and another defeat would have lots of people going into hysterics. Much rather have the whole squad stewing over Saturday and going out determined to take it out on Bournemouth. 

But we do have a game, so, Come on you Reds - and you young reds in Portugal this afternoon.

 

Yep, I noticed Fab just looking at the ball as it went past him along the touchline. 3rd goal van Dijk is beaten far too easily by the goal line but we must'nt criticise him for that. Even then, Robbo was wrong side of the attacker and left him with a tap in.

 

I agree about tonight, I think Jurgen is between a rock and a hard place. Play a weaker side and there's a good chance we'll get beat. There's no replay so all the advantage is chelsea's with ET and pens. If Jurgen play a strong side, its an extra game for the elite players when Bournemouth is the priority.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read quite a bit about how teams have set up against us in the last few weeks, with a back 4 effectively becoming a back 6, to nullify the full backs. Nothing that new, other than we've found ways to overcome it. We've really struggled to create chances though for quite a few games consecutively.

 

I was saying the same in the Athletico game, and we've managed by just fine without one till now, but someone who can pick the lock in the middle could be a real difference maker to ensuring teams can't do this, and I hope we get one in the summer. I think part of the reason Hendo is missed at the moment is he drops into the pockets where Trent is, and either frees him up or creates a bit of space for him to manoeuvre in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, etho said:

I've read quite a bit about how teams have set up against us in the last few weeks, with a back 4 effectively becoming a back 6, to nullify the full backs. Nothing that new, other than we've found ways to overcome it. We've really struggled to create chances though for quite a few games consecutively.

 

I was saying the same in the Athletico game, and we've managed by just fine without one till now, but someone who can pick the lock in the middle could be a real difference maker to ensuring teams can't do this, and I hope we get one in the summer. I think part of the reason Hendo is missed at the moment is he drops into the pockets where Trent is, and either frees him up or creates a bit of space for him to manoeuvre in

Well any side is going to find chances hard against a back 6 and in those situations, you have to move the ball quickly and accurately. That's where I think we've struggled.

 

Gini takes too many touches and invites players onto him before he releases the ball. Generally, we've been happy to stroke the ball around especially for the first 30 minutes of a game. Cant complain at that too much, it has got us where we are to be fair. Each of Mo, Sadio and Bobby have, I think, tried the little backheels and flicks in an effort to beat the massed defence a bit too much but all too often these havent come off. Trent and Robbo's crossing hasnt been as effective and one good cross from each per game isnt enough.

 

I still think a bit of realism is required though. We've gone 44 games unbeaten, 27 since the start of the season. Arsenal's record is only 5 more games, we've not played particularly well in the last 4 or 5 games. But best of all we're still 22 points in front. Most people would be turning cartwheels at the beginning of the season if they thought we'd be 10 points clear at this stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yer Ma! said:

i turned it on 30 secs later they scored, ducked back in again later they scored again 30 secs after... it wasnt loverns fault it was mine.

I know you are hiding the remote control behind your back. Hand it over to anyone you can find. Any temptation to switch on the football will be seen as a Lovren. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×