You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) FA Cup. 3/3/2020 - 19:75

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, lebron said:

Think Klopp will still give this minimal attention, doubt many of the players playing yesterday will start. Is Neco Williams fit?

I'd guess something like this for starting 11:

---------------Adrian----------------

Hoever-Matip-Lovren-Robertson

------------------Lallana---------------

-------Keita--------------Jones---------

Elliott‐-------Origi--------Minamino

Unless he is injured there is no way Williams won't play.

Definitely he will keep Adrian, Williams, Jones and Elliott in - the rest not sure.

I trust Klopp to field the side he feels most appropriate under the circumstances.

I doubt it'll be anything like full strength, firstly because the team looked tired yesterday and secondly because Chelsea away is a tough game. I can’t see him wanting to risk the same team losing twice in the space of four days and ending up with a set of players both tired and in the midst of a crisis of confidence with crucial games against Bournemouth and Atletico coming up before a trip to Goodison.

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I trust Klopp to field the side he feels most appropriate under the circumstances.

I doubt it'll be anything like full strength, firstly because the team looked tired yesterday and secondly because Chelsea away is a tough game. I can’t see him wanting to risk the same team losing twice in the space of four days and ending up with a set of players both tired and in the midst of a crisis of confidence with crucial games against Bournemouth and Atletico coming up before a trip to Goodison.

Like Ive said, jib the domestic cups. But at the same time, if Jurgen fields a weakened side at chelsea, he risks the very likelihood of a 2nd defeat in 4 day and then the doomsayers will have a field day.

I dont like it but I think Jurgen has to play a stronger team than against everton and shrewsbury to prevent a 2nd successive defeat and try and get some form back into the players.

I might sound a bit like your goodself here but in the last few games at Anfield, Bournemouth have been a tough nut to crack so Im expecting that to be a tougher than anticipated game!

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Like Ive said, jib the domestic cups. But at the same time, if Jurgen fields a weakened side at chelsea, he risks the very likelihood of a 2nd defeat in 4 day and then the doomsayers will have a field day.

I see it differently because I don’t think there’s a guarantee of victory either way - if the first XI lose, particularly to a weakened Chelsea, that’s when I can see them having a field day, at which point the pressure really will be on. With a weakened side, it's a completely separate thing - I don’t think getting smashed by Aston Villa had a knock-on effect on the first team in Qatar and while I’m not advocating playing the kids, I think a line-up similar to the one that beat Everton would be the best option.

I just can’t see past the Bournemouth game at the moment. That’s the immediate priority, that’s the next truly big game. I agree that it's unlikely to be a walkover, which is why I wouldn’t want to be going into it off the back of the first team having potentially lost two in a row. For all people saying that the league is essentially won - and after West Ham, I joined them - if we were to drop points against Bournemouth, the next three league games are at Goodison, home to professional game-raisers Crystal Palace and the Etihad, none of which would be remotely appealing for a team looking to arrest a run of poor form.

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I see it differently because I don’t think there’s a guarantee of victory either way - if the first XI lose, particularly to a weakened Chelsea, that’s when I can see them having a field day, at which point the pressure really will be on. With a weakened side, it's a completely separate thing - I don’t think getting smashed by Aston Villa had a knock-on effect on the first team in Qatar and while I’m not advocating playing the kids, I think a line-up similar to the one that beat Everton would be the best option.

I just can’t see past the Bournemouth game at the moment. That’s the immediate priority, that’s the next truly big game. I agree that it's unlikely to be a walkover, which is why I wouldn’t want to be going into it off the back of the first team having potentially lost two in a row. For all people saying that the league is essentially won - and after West Ham, I joined them - if we were to drop points against Bournemouth, the next three league games are at Goodison, home to professional game-raisers Crystal Palace and the Etihad, none of which would be remotely appealing for a team looking to arrest a run of poor form.

Correct, there's no gauranteed victory. But the balance of probability suggests defeat is more likely avoided the stronger the team put out.

Im sure Jurgen and the boys will not be looking beyond the chelsea game. Fortunately we fans dont have the same limitations.

This is Chelsea's only chance of a trophy this year and they've been poor recently so they'll be going all out for the win and they've caused us problems in our previous two games.  Get em fucking beat, especially as this in on the BBC and I don't want fucking jugged ear cunt Linekar gloating again.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, kemskem said:

I think he'll trust the key non-regulars that have helped get us this far and add to them. So he'll probably have Adrian, Williams, Jones, Lallana, Elliott and Origi in.

I think he'll give Chrivella a game as well.