You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) FA Cup. 3/3/2020 - 19:75

Bjornebye

The meaninglessness of the domestic knock out competitions to a team in Liverpool's position cannnot be overstated. We've qualified for the Champions League so, I thought, another run out for the kids' side was on the cards for tonight. Then I saw that quite a few of them were in action this afternoon. So the senior players avoiding injury was priority. 

Apart from some brusied egos after a poor diisplay I think we will have a fully fit crew for Saturday. That is the only real positive from that affair tonight. On to Saturday and back to the serious competition. Sorry for the travelling fans tonight but I am sure they will get their reward by the end of this season. 

• Downvote 3

There's a lot of dip in form chat on here, but I think this has far more to do with opposition side's sitting deep, compressing the space Firminio operates in and having physical centre halves who can dominate incoming crosses from our fullback positions, this then allows their forwards to squeeze possession between our defence and deepest lying midfielder for effective spells in the game.

Obviously Henderson being out with the resultant dip in tempo is causing problems as well, but the former is the main driver.

Another  couple of notes from tonight was that Neco Williams is not yet ready to be our back up right back and probably needs a loan and Minamino is not physically imposing enough to  be effective in English football, really think he is going to be a dud.

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

The FA Cup is Chelsea’s last chance at getting summut out of this season, so I had them pegged for the win. They wont win it because fucking United will win it. Its 1990 all over again.

we go again.

Although it feels lucky I would prefer United win the thing to either City or Chelsea. 

46 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Not sure who Clop is, but pretty sure the rest of it is a pile of shite.  Expect nothing less from you now though.

Glory seeker who cries when things don't go his way. 

"You'll never slag your players alone".

Seemingly so it seems, you can’t win them all and who would expect to? We’re a good outfit that’s for sure so enjoy it while you can.And as for that Clop chap , well I ask you.

We‘re going to be Premier League Champions. Even Assuming the worst, in the return leg, that we can’t come back against Athletico, we will still be English Champions, European Champions and World Club Champions, for a period time. What’s not to love about that?

Next season is going to be a seriously interesting season. Klopp has to get the squad motivated again like Guardiola had to this season at City. That’s life in the fast lane folks. No sit downs, no let ups.

Lampard will have settled in at Chelsea, Arsenal looking to rebound, Mourinho desperate at Spurs to show he’s not finished. United slowly coming together, whether we like it or not.

Fuck me next season is going to be huge. Just like the good old days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yep! The next few league games after Bournemouth are horrible; if we don’t beat them, I’m not sure anyone will be able to look at our remaining fixtures and think four wins are a formality.

Hahahahah. 

Wanker. 

Guest Pistonbroke

In the relegation zone

The Drowning Man (Could escape the drop)

Creator Supreme ( Will be a struggle to avoid relegation)

BeefStroganoff (Already Relegated) 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

In the relegation zone

The Drowning Man (Could escape the drop)

Creator Supreme ( Will be a struggle to avoid relegation)

BeefStroganoff (Already Relegated) 

Those are exactly the guys you need to come out fighting for you when your back's against the wall.

Not.

Glory seekers who throw the toys out the pram or predict dire gloom and doom if we don't win every game.

In other words, Everton fans.

GOT awaits you with open condescending arms boys.

39 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

No major trophy is meaningless.  Ever.

I used to love it when we won the Lancashire Senior Cup and, as a kid, I thought it was wonderful. It was contested  mostly by reserve  and  And B team players. A bit like our FA and League Cup runs this season, When we contested the fiinal a few more senior players got a game. Admittedly it didn't get you entry into the Europa League but it was a great kick winning it. But it was meaningless and the domestic knock out competitions feel like that now. And I don't really feel too heartbroken about not winning them.