You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) FA Cup. 3/3/2020 - 19:75

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

They've had a break like what Clop wanted now its time to close it out except they've all gone to shit. Poor attitude? Probably. If its tired minds and legs then the club should have foreseen the workload and bought to compliment OR Clop should be rotating more so fringe players are ready to hit the ground running.

tenor.gif

Guest Alex_K

To be honest it’s not really a matter of being positive or being negative .. more whether you are realistic or a simpleton. Anyone could see that a number of games this season were played on a fine line with our best 11 .. start stripping various players away from that 11 and you’re at severe risk of falling on the wrong side. Start throwing balls in the net away from home or playing calamitous central defenders proven to have a rick in them and you’re begging for it. Question is why the 11 needed to be rotated right now ... as long as we get past Atletico it’ll be a case of “who cares”, but go out and there’ll be a severe case of “what could have been”, such are the standards set by our first 11 over the past 18 months.

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

The only thing I’m arsed about is the league.  Just don’t throw it away.  We aren’t banging Bournemouth.  I’d take a 1-0 right now.,

Agreed fuck everything else, league is the most important. 

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

It was a week off for fucks sake. Hardly a break.

It's more down to Hendo's injury.

We are completely rudderless without him.

It's a combination of Hendo out and Fabinho in. Midfield has been all over the shop since Fabinho came back in

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

It was a week off for fucks sake. Hardly a break.

It's more down to Hendo's injury.

We are completely rudderless without him.

I like Henderson but we shouldn't be missing him. Just seems like a lot of players are off it at the same time. Usually as well when two of the front three aren't great one of them steps up. Now they're all poor at the same time  

7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Bumming Bournemouth can't come soon enough. 

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

The only thing I’m arsed about is the league.  Just don’t throw it away.  We aren’t banging Bournemouth.  I’d take a 1-0 right now.,

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

We were decent in the first half tonight, but the second was poor. Hopefully we can clear our heads and put Bournemouth to the sword at the weekend. I don’t think we’re in a sticky spell just yet. Win against Bournemouth and Atletico and we’ll be back in the groove again.

• Upvote 6

It's funny people calling others 'super fan' yet they're the ones having hissy fits and saying 'Im not watching this any more, boo hoo! We arent winning, boo.'

Like I said, jib the domestic cups because the league is more important.

People slagging Jurgen because we 'always' have a slump this time of year. What, the ONE slump every year at this time? Fucking hell. Goodjob it isnt 2 or 3 or some will be calling for his job. Get a fucking grip.

Tonight wasnt a night for young Jones and Williams. Jones will be bitterly disappointed, Williams needs to stop wasting balls like he did tonight.

Adrian will be disappointed with the first goal but made some saves to keep us in it. Fabinho is really struggling since he came back from injury. He's getting caught up field and hasnt got the pace to recover. That was a suicide ball in front of our box and it proved costly. He needs to sit in front of the defence.

The ref was really picky tonight and let clear chelsea fouls go. How's that not a foul catching Sadio? And that foul in front of our box?

Id rather go out tonight and get the result against chelsea in the league. It's a blessing we didnt go to extra time.

It's majorly disappointing to lose any game but all teams have these spells. We dont need a load of whinning fannies in the ground on Saturday. The team needs to be roared on.

As for the cup, as I said earlier, city will wipe the floor with any team left in unless they get a shit ref or have an off day.

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I don’t think it’s over. If we can get back on track against Bournemouth and go into the Atletico game on something of a high, I think there’s a decent chance of progression.

What kind of alternate universe have I slipped in to where Liverpool lose games, and The Drowning Man is saying positive things

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

We were decent in the first half tonight, but the second was poor. Hopefully we can clear our heads and put Bournemouth to the sword at the weekend. I don’t think we’re in a sticky spell just yet. Win against Bournemouth and Atletico and we’ll be back in the groove again.

Well we are, we've lost three of the last four. Some good signs tonight, mainly in the first half, so hopefully Bournemouth will see us out of the bad patch.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yeah its called autocorrect.

Mate, we’re all a bit disappointed but that’s football. No need to start getting all stroppy with folk on here. I don’t just mean the reply I quoted here, I mean generally. 

relax Into your posting a bit more. Find your inner goodness. Choose a more positive persona. Come on. I am sure you’re an ok bloke in real life. 

I didn't get to watch this due to a family bereavement at the weekend.

Seems to me, judging by the comments, that a number of our players have hit a dip in form at the same time, and that is contributing to the inability to do well all the good things we do extremely well. Some of those things help us massively defensively but because it's all below par at the moment, it's exposing us defensively too. It needs to be a minor blip and be dealt with sharpish before it festers and becomes a malaise.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's funny people calling others 'super fan' yet they're the ones having hissy fits and saying 'Im not watching this any more, boo hoo! We arent winning, boo.'

Like I said, jib the domestic cups because the league is more important.

People slagging Jurgen because we 'always' have a slump this time of year. What, the ONE slump every year at this time? Fucking hell. Goodjob it isnt 2 or 3 or some will be calling for his job. Get a fucking grip.

Tonight wasnt a night for young Jones and Williams. Jones will be bitterly disappointed, Williams needs to stop wasting balls like he did tonight.

Adrian will be disappointed with the first goal but made some saves to keep us in it. Fabinho is really struggling since he came back from injury. He's getting caught up field and hasnt got the pace to recover. That was a suicide ball in front of our box and it proved costly. He needs to sit in front of the defence.

The ref was really picky tonight and let clear chelsea fouls go. How's that not a foul catching Sadio? And that foul in front of our box?

Id rather go out tonight and get the result against chelsea in the league. It's a blessing we didnt go to extra time.

It's majorly disappointing to lose any game but all teams have these spells. We dont need a load of whinning fannies in the ground on Saturday. The team needs to be roared on.

As for the cup, as I said earlier, city will wipe the floor with any team left in unless they get a shit ref or have an off day.

They'd have hardly watched us at all in the 90's if that is the case.

7 minutes ago, Closer To God said:

Ah right. You don't, why's that? He doesn't score and assist enough goals for you, meaning his numbers should've been much better?

He's very erratic with his end product. I give him 10% at best to put a chance away.