You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A) FA Cup. 3/3/2020 - 19:75

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

We are so fucked against Atletico Madrid. No way we're getting a result playing like we've played since the start of the year. Awful stuff. 

I don’t think it’s over. If we can get back on track against Bournemouth and go into the Atletico game on something of a high, I think there’s a decent chance of progression.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The seasons not finished bellend. We haven't won the league yet. Theres games to play and effort to put in. If you want to be the fucking best you have to keep consistency.

They've had a break like what Clop wanted now its time to close it out except they've all gone to shit. Poor attitude? Probably. If its tired minds and legs then the club should have foreseen the workload and bought to compliment OR Clop should be rotating more so fringe players are ready to hit the ground running.

Not sure who Clop is, but pretty sure the rest of it is a pile of shite.  Expect nothing less from you now though.

Glory seeker who cries when things don't go his way. 

"You'll never slag your players alone".

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I don’t think it’s over. If we can get back on track against Bournemouth and go into the Atletico game on something of a high, I think there’s a decent chance of progression.

Yeah we're definitely fucked if you're being positive. 

I think we're officially edging into "sticky spell" territory. 

I'm not that arsed about going out the FA Cup. But, we've put a team out there with the intent of winning the game. And we've lost. Fairly comprehensively. 

We need to switch things a bit. The tactics seem to be to recycle the possession until the ball to the fullback is on, get it out to him and whip in a cross. It's served us well up until now, but it doesn't seem to work if TAA is out the team. 

Bournemouth is a big game now. We'll still win the league but we need to arrest this poor run of form that we're on. And quickly. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

We are Liverpool. This means less.

Fucked off. We should be winning doubles and trebles. That was half-arsed. 

Playing a weakened team in the league cup I can understand but not the FA cup at this stage. 

Should have gone full strength tonight as there loads of time until we play Bournemouth.

• Like 1

With Palace and city on the horizon and the possibility of dropping 6 points in this dreadful form we have to get it together before losing becomes a habit. I don't have much confidence for the Madrid game if the players are as bad as this. 

Either Klopp wants the fa Cup or not just pick the full strength side or don't, no kids then change it very late on when it's too late. Fair play to Chelsea as again the opposition wanted it more. 

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

The midseason break has absolutely done us for momentum. The players seem to still mentally be on holiday.

I think the team are just knackered. It's probably why Klopp was so tetchy about the replay being scheduled during the break.

The reality is we haven't got a good enough squad to compete in lots of competitions. We haven't rotated enough because the players in reserve aren't good enough.

I am really pissed off with this result tonight, but if we finish the season with 'just' the league and the Club World Championship, I'd have taken that in the summer!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The seasons not finished bellend. We haven't won the league yet. Theres games to play and effort to put in. If you want to be the fucking best you have to keep consistency.

They've had a break like just what Klopp wanted now its time to close it out except they've all gone to shit. Poor attitude? Probably. If its tired minds and legs then the club should have foreseen the workload and bought to compliment OR Klopp should be rotating more so fringe players are ready to hit the ground running.

Oh and stop playing fucking Origi on the wing would be a start. He's fucking 6 foot 3

Keep crying, Varuca.

• Upvote 1

Bournemouth game is the biggest of the season now. Get the 3 points and move on. Maybe Ole's goons might beat City and then we just need 2 wins. I predict a nervy win for us and City to win by a goal.

Athletico game might just be what we need right now. It will be a high tempo night and could get us back on track.

• Like 1