You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Every decision they make is made to line the pockets of their donors not voters, regardless of the consequences for the country. The Tories aren't just a self serving institution they are an organisation of traitors against the people. Traitors is actually a harsh word because they aren't betraying anybody they know exactly why and who they got into power for and it's not a nation, its not to benefit a country the Conservative party is a very British mafia. The British are a nation of peasants who refuse to get off their knees.

I'm on holiday and drunk.

Yeah but corbyn 

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/suella-braverman-must-go-tories-call-rishi-sunak-oust-home-secretary-reshuffle-looms-2557836

“The chatter is Suella will go”, one MP told i. “She hasn’t fully delivered, we’ve got the Illegal Migration Act through now, and need gentler hands.” Another added: “Braverman has got to go, she is shit. All of this right-wing nonsense is just playing into Labour’s hands.”

“He has got to start promoting competence. You can’t be having a government made up of fashion statements.” The MP called for “Red Wall dickheads” such as deputy chairman Lee Anderson who are “playing to the Farage wing of the party” to lose their jobs – not least to give them a chance to focus on trying to keep their own seats.

Other MPs are leaving Parliament altogether as dire opinion polls suggest they are likely to lose their seats. “You do get people who know they are unlikely to win and have already had a decent career who just think, why would I hang around?”, a Conservative source told i. But they added: “It’s clear that some people know they are going to lose but are staying put because they get a larger payout if they’re defeated in an election rather than just standing down.”

22 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The sad thing with Dorries is when she speaks of her years as a nurse she can come across as genuinely humane and caring. If she'd have only taken those qualities into her political life.

More Letby than Nightingale, I suspect.

Dorries attempted assassination of a sitting prime minister is the shittest ever.

Unsurprisingly petty from Dories. ITN tried to find her constituency office this week and they couldn't even find it. She'd hired her daughters to work for her on 45k a year on the taxpayers' tit, I was on 24 when I worked for an MP.

She joined in with all these dangerous kangaroo court lies designed to undermine parliamentary democracy, and is only seeing her arse because she can't continue freeloading in the Lords.

Thick, disgusting horrible twat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Unsurprisingly petty from Dories. ITN tried to find her constituency office this week and they couldn't even find it. She'd hired her daughters to work for her on 45k a year on the taxpayers' tit, I was on 24 when I worked for an MP.

She joined in with all these dangerous kangaroo court lies designed to undermine parliamentary democracy, and is only seeing her arse because she can't continue freeloading in the Lords.

She hasn’t had a constituency office for years. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

She's farting on about Sunak "whipping up a frenzy" against her.

I can't recall him even mentioning her.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The whole "unelected PM" shit suggests she understands how our government works as much as she understands Channel 4 funding.

I think she's referring to Sunak bypassing tory members votes to become PM.

I think this reinforces my argument that the fundamental flaw in our democracy is the failure to separate the Executive branch from the Legislative.  The Tory poshos in mid-Bedfordshire want a Conservative Government, but to get that they have to keep voting for this feckless corrupt shitbag.  Ideally, they should have the opportunity to vote directly for their choice of PM and vote for an independent MP running on the slogan "I will get off my arse and do the fucking job I'm paid for".

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jun/22/nadine-dorries-completely-gave-up-on-job-as-mp-long-before-announcing-exit

53 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

What's the betting that Mid Bedfordshire still vote in another Tory in the bi election?

Probably pretty high.

Labour are the distant second party, but the Lib Dems are more likely to appeal to those Tories disgusted/protest voters so if both stand proper candidates and throw resources at it, which it sounds like they are doing, then the Tories might sneak through.

She’s an absolute bitch of a woman I despise her and her hypocrisy spiting off about corruption at the heart of government when she stood by Johnson is a disgrace. It’s funny though, she’s calling out the government because she still pissed about not getting a peerage. She’s always pissed.

The pissed up cunt.