You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

21 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

This makes about as much sense as Gavin Williamson being in the cabinet.

Cant wait to see the definition of 'high business traveller'. 

Naughty boy, you've been on holiday to a country not in the travel corridor.

Actually old bean, I've been on a high business trip. I'm supporting the economy and jobs don't you know. My wife and kids were here helping with the set up.

My sister in law came back from Switzerland today, the isolation trackers asked her if she had exemption from quarantine, they gave her some options like medical etc. She told him she had a dentist appointment next week. He waved her through without taking any details as this counts for exemption, apparently.

’World beating’

19 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Just in case you need to hate her and the Tories any more.

Its nothing new and only to score a point here.

I think it’s about 125-150 MP’s directly employ family members in any manner of roles. They tried to stop it, but there’s ways around it. A bit like taking the piss with expenses, it’s a perk of office, rightly or wrongly.

Lots from ‘our’ side do the same, so glass houses and all that. Corbyn got his boy a job with McDonnell for example.

30 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Its nothing new and only to score a point here.

I think it’s about 125-150 MP’s directly employ family members in any manner of roles. They tried to stop it, but there’s ways around it. A bit like taking the piss with expenses, it’s a perk of office, rightly or wrongly.

Lots from ‘our’ side do the same, so glass houses and all that. Corbyn got his boy a job with McDonnell for example.

Yeah, it’s actually fucking nonsense that it’s allowed to happen. I mean, you can argue about some of them doing a good job, etc, but it’s still not a good idea to employ your family in jobs like those. 

11 minutes ago, Numero said:

Yeah, it’s actually fucking nonsense that it’s allowed to happen. I mean, you can argue about some of them doing a good job, etc, but it’s still not a good idea to employ your family in jobs like those. 

You’ll find no arguments here, but to single out Patel for this when there are myriad ways in which to call her a heartless, uncaring, callous, mendacious cunt is cheap as they’re all at it, and just further proves there’s something rotten in the state of...

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

You’ll find no arguments here, but to single out Patel for this when there are myriad ways in which to call her a heartless, uncaring, callous, mendacious cunt is cheap as they’re all at it, and just further proves there’s something rotten in the heart of...

Oh, yeah. Agreed. I was meaning to support what you’re saying there - it’s nonsense than anybody from any party does it. That said, I’m also a fan of being a cunt to the Tories... so, ya know. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Numero said:

I’d really like somebody to run on a pledge to clean up politics. Point out absolutely fucking everything that needs fixing. Starmer would actually be a good person to do it, having been a lawyer and all that. 

Well yeah he tries in PMQs but all the media report is him being called Captain Hindsight 

4 minutes ago, Numero said:

I’d really like somebody to run on a pledge to clean up politics. Point out absolutely fucking everything that needs fixing. Starmer would actually be a good person to do it, having been a lawyer and all that. 

Donald J Trump did just that, he always was a trail blazer! 

Drain that swamp! 

It’s all a bit fucking mad at present, isn’t it?

I just want grey, competent politicians for a few years, is it too much to ask! 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Well yeah he tries in PMQs but all the media report is him being called Captain Hindsight 

I mean go with the entire system. Talk about all parties. Act like a new sheriff is in town and he’s coming for the politics classes who are corrupt. Wide ranging laws on everything that impacts the purity of democracy. 

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Donald J Trump, did just that, he always was a trail blazer! 

Drain that swamp! 

It’s all a bit fucking mad at present, isn’t it?

I just want grey, competent politicians for a few years, is it too much to ask! 

Ha. Actually, I thinkTrump was the wrong person with a decent message. Draining the swamp is something that actually needs done and it’s something almost nobody disagrees with but just a accepts. The social contract needs renewing. 

21 minutes ago, Numero said:

Ha. Actually, I thinkTrump was the wrong person with a decent message. Draining the swamp is something that actually needs done and it’s something almost nobody disagrees with but just a accepts. The social contract needs renewing. 

Yeah, the American system is built to preserve inequality, as is ours, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon, sadly.

It might be regency bias, but It’s all just a bit too much and I don’t ever remember it being this oppressively bleak, psychologically not physically. It’s a constant bombardment of mixed messages and offers of help which confuse everything and everyone. ‘They’ve’ figured out how to nudge and shake behaviours, but they’re not letting up and it’s genuinely fucking up peoples judgements and responses to challenges of their ‘subjective’ world views.

It’s like a kid who’s figured out how to score from the half way line on Italia 90 on the mega drive and does it over and fucking over. They win but ruin the game and make it so nobody wants to ever play with them again. Really bleak, but really fucking smart as they’ll win either way.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, the American system is built to preserve inequality, as is ours, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon, sadly.

It might be regency bias, but It’s all just a bit too much and I don’t ever remember it being this oppressively bleak, psychologically not physically. It’s a constant bombardment of mixed messages and offers of help which confuse everything and everyone. ‘They’ve’ figured out how to nudge and shake behaviours, but they’re not letting up and it’s genuinely fucking up peoples judgements and responses to challenges of their ‘subjective’ world views.

It’s like a kid who’s figured out how to score from the half way line on Italia 90 on the mega drive and does it over and fucking over. They win but ruin the game and make it so nobody wants to ever play with them again. Really bleak, but really fucking smart as they’ll win either way.

Then next door gets a PS5 and the little cunt suddenly finds he's completely out of date.