Quantcast
Tory Cabinet Thread - Page 36 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Tory Cabinet Thread

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Cummings has acquired knowledge that could bring down the government, particularly Gove and Johnson. It's no accident that he, backed by Putin and Bannon, became a Tory mandarin ruler and continues to do anything he likes.  

He's the worst thing to happen to politics in this country since Hayek. 

Vampire tits is never a bad thing. 

I hope he has a terrible 'accident' involving a toaster, a chainsaw and a pack of wolves. 

Conservative MP Sir Bernard Jenkin said it is time to restore “respect, integrity and trust”, which he said have been “lacking in recent months” between No 10 and Tory MPs.

“It’s an opportunity to reset how the Government operates and to emphasise some values about what we want to project as a Conservative Party in Government,” the chair of the Commons liaison committee told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme.

“I’m not surprised in a way that it is ending in the way it is. No prime minister can afford a single adviser to become a running story, dominating his Government’s communications and crowding out the proper messages the Government wants to convey.

“Nobody is indispensable.”

Note that it's not to restore "respect, integrity and trust" between the public and the government. Party first, country a distant afterthought as ever.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Note that it's not to restore "respect, integrity and trust" between the public and the government. Party first, country a distant afterthought as ever.

Yeah, but it gives them another opportunity to reset the clock, blame everything that has happened before on someone else and it's a new beginning with a brand new Tory regime. This government is just days old, don't judge us on what has happened before. Brexit and covid disasters will be blamed on Cummings and now Boris the basher is going to conquer Europe, get us deal of the century and knock out covid with a vaccine or two. 

• Upvote 2

Just the start of what we all knew was coming, Operation Reset. Now that Brexit is almost done it’ll and a vaccine on the horizon it’ll soon be time for Johnson to go quietly into the night. Mistakes made. Need to reconcile and move forward. Brave new world. Etc, etc, 

Great that this shit - a couple of Tory spads getting the boot - receives wall to wall coverage for a couple of days, and the release of a parliamentary report on anti-black racism that highlights structural failings across a number of institutions, including the EHRC, goes by largely without comment. It may also have been helpful to report on the new commissioner appointment to the EHRC, who has pretty questionable views to say the least, but I guess things pertaining to EHRC aren't in vogue all of a sudden, for some inexplicable reason.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Numero said:

The way this paragraph for Wiki has a crescendo likening him to Robespierre, then suddenly crashes into the hedge is quite masterful. 

After attending state primary school, he was privately educated at Durham School[5] and Exeter College, Oxford, where he studied under Norman Stone,[6] graduating in 1994 with a First in Ancient and Modern History.[7] One of his former tutors has described him to the New Statesman as "fizzing with ideas, unconvinced by any received set of views about anything". He was "something like a Robespierre – someone determined to bring down things that don’t work."[4] Also in his youth, he worked at Klute, a nightclub owned by his uncle in Durham.[8]

That reminds me that my sister worked at Klute when she was at university, and was fired by Cummings' uncle.

It will come as no surprise, I think, that Phil Cummings is also apparently a twat.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Great that this shit - a couple of Tory spads getting the boot - receives wall to wall coverage for a couple of days, and the release of a parliamentary report on anti-black racism that highlights structural failings across a number of institutions, including the EHRC, goes by largely without comment. It may also have been helpful to report on the new commissioner appointment to the EHRC, who has pretty questionable views to say the least, but I guess things pertaining to EHRC aren't in vogue all of a sudden, for some inexplicable reason.

Yep, just as the uk hits 50000 covid deaths as well.Sad fact is a bit of gossip is what a lot of British people want

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

Yep, just as the uk hits 50000 covid deaths as well.Sad fact is a bit of gossip is what a lot of British people want

I'm sure a lot do, but then they don't really have a choice when the lobby just focus on this stuff. That report could (and should) have been as much of a story as the EHRC report on antisemitism was - especially given the failings identified go far further than just a single political party - but it wasn't, at all, and, well, you can draw your own conclusions about why that is, but at the end of the day what we're left with is a media who one week care very much racism and the effectiveness of the EHRC in tackling it, and then the next week seemingly not at all.

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

So I guess we know who the investigation in to who was leaking to the press has identified.

I am shocked, shocked, I tell thee!

I hadn't even thought of that. I hope it was him and someone tries to get him done under the official secrets act. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I hadn't even thought of that. I hope it was him and someone tries to get him done under the official secrets act. 

Nah, one hand will wash the other clean.

They know too much about each other to air dirty laundry, I assume.

One will slope to earn a fortune in the private sector before being found out as a huge fraud who has ridden the crest of far smarter peoples waves; no idea what Cummings will do!

It's just depressing that these chumps ever got near real power, let alone weald it.

• Upvote 1

Reporting that Johnson kicked out Cummings as he was suspected of ' briefing against him 'and will now steer a different course.

I must have missed something, I always assumed Advisors advise and the PM makes decisions.

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Reporting that Johnson kicked out Cummings as he was suspected of ' briefing against him 'and will now steer a different course.

I must have missed something, I always assumed Advisors advise and the PM makes decisions.

It can happen to the best of 'em, and Johnson is nowhere near that.

Photo: Grima Wormtongue (Brad Dourif) şi Theoden (Bernard Hill) - LOTR The  Two Towers 527.jpg | The two towers, Lotr, Engagement portraits

• Upvote 2

I think the most important thing is who the picture of him being booted/walking out #10’s front door serves.

Cain walked out the side door without any fanfare, as would anybody else.

Again, the sceptic in me thinks that it’s a pointed move from one of the parties.

Nobody at this level isn’t thinking about optics.

20 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Yeah, it looked like a pure PR stunt. Front door, carrying his box. Righto.

Again, with most of the shit these cunts pull, it’s too ‘perfect’ and suits both sides of the confirmation bias optic.

He’ll be back doing something as soon as the dust settles, he's already been booted once and been in contempt of Parliament, he's a few more lives yet.

All of this faff Is just part of the pantomime.

Dominic Cummings’ lockdown journeys in the north-east “stank”, a Tory backbencher had admitted after supporting the UK prime minister’s former chief aide at the time.

Crispin Blunt said Boris Johnson should not have supported Cummings after his controversial trips to Durham and Barnard Castle were exposed by the Guardian and the Daily Mirror.

Blunt was not one of the 45 backbenchers who called for Cummings to go at the time, but speaking on Times Radio he admitted his behaviour “gravely undermined” the government’s message on coronavirus.

Interviewed a day after Cummings left Downing Street with immediate effect, Blunt was asked if the PM was right to back the adviser. He said:

"With the benefit of hindsight, no. However, you’ve got to make a call about what is seen to be fair and proper in the circumstances and Boris made a call on that.

I happened to agree with him [Cummings] because I saw his behaviour as being consistent with what we were trying to do, and what he was trying to do for his family was consistent with trying to protect the wider public and doing the right thing for his family. That is an individual issue.

The politics of it obviously absolutely stank and once it had been alighted upon by people it was a very bad example and it gravely undermined, obviously because of the huge attention it received, trust in the government’s policy."

No need for the 'benefit of hindsight', what Cummings did was obviously completely wrong and you nonetheless supported him, risking public health for the sake of your own, tawdry party.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

No need for the 'benefit of hindsight', what Cummings did was obviously completely wrong and you nonetheless supported him, risking public health for the sake of your own, tawdry party.

As we can see with the Republicans at the moment, the thought that politicians are generally in it to help people rather than their party and themselves is palpably untrue.

• Upvote 2