You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

This is just ridiculous-

Labour says committee hearings for legislation being cancelled because too many ministers have resigned
In the Commons earlier Conor McGinn, a shadow Cabinet Office minister, used a point of order to say he understood the government had adjourned or “effectively cancelled” committee hearings organised for tomorrow to consider legislation before parliament as they are “unable to provide ministers”. He said:

It seems very much to me that this is a government that has ceased in its ability to govern.

Can you imagine if this was happening under a Labour government? We'd be hearing about the chaos, corruption and incompetence for generations. And still the bag of piss is refusing to go.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hank Moody said:

I have to be honest, if I was the Tories I’d be saying ‘why don’t we just fuck off for a bit. Have an election, get Labour in, let them see the tough times, put the blame on them, then when things are cleared up we come back. 

There were some in Labour who had the same idea after the financial crash. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

He's deffo agreed to go, that's why the 1922 twats have said they're postponing the rule change.

Just got the BBC on. My impression from the latest commentator on it was Johnson supporters suggesting if the Tories try to out Johnson, they will support the idea the new leader does not have mandate and force a GE! 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Just got the BBC on. My impression from the latest commentator on it was Johnson supporters suggesting if the Tories try to out Johnson, they will support the idea the new leader does not have mandate and force a GE! 

Nah can't see it, labour fight like that but the Tories can always be relied upon to do what's in their own best interests. Loyalties never remain entrenched to previous leaders, they're political mercenaries, they pledge allegiance to whoever cuts the cheques.

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nah can't see it, labour fight like that but the Tories can always be relied upon to do what's in their own best interests. Loyalties never remain entrenched to previous leaders, they're political mercenaries, they pledge allegiance to whoever cuts the cheques.

They're a fucking cult mate. I don't think normal rules apply. I think the last few years should teach us that. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was listening to an interview on Marr on LBC with that baroness varsey earlier. It was incredibly cutting of what is happening. Most interestingly she was emphasising the damage this is doing to the country, not just the Tories. She called them a cult and nothing more than English nationalist. 

I think that's overselling them to be honest. They're a mix of corrupt money grubbers and thick, like a pasty of George Osbornes, Cummings was the one who helped sell that to the mob.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Larry the Downing Street Cat is on the step, ear pressed to the door of No10, getting the low down and passing it to Beth Rigby.

They just opened the door on live TV to let him in and he refused. Even the cat has abandoned him. The press have been reduced to shouting questions at the cat.