Bjornebye

Tory Cabinet Thread

54 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I wonder if he’s planning another spontaneous visit to Kiev? 

Imagine if he ploughs on and we end up with Jonathan Gullis as Health Secretary and Lee Anderson as Chancellor of the Exchequer! 

That Gullis character, I’d love to smash that cunts face in. 

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I jest, but, is genuinely possible and has been rumoured.

Most likely he’ll get a cushy gig like Home Secretary and another will be moved over t chancellor, possibly an olive branch to someone, but will likely be rejected.

Priti Patel running the country’s finances?!?

And that stupid cow Norries has backed him....

I suppose she has fuck all to lose...way too stupid to get another job going forward under new leader.

3 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Dorries is a fucking lunatic. What a turncoat. He must be giving her it big style. 
Felating bitch 

• Upvote 5

Sunak - the public rightfully expect governs to be conducted properly. Tell me more about US citizenship applications, Rishi la.

Two more have gone although fuck knows who they actually are

Bim Afolami resigns as Conservative Party vice chair

Andrew Murrison has resigned as Boris Johnson's trade envoy to Morocco.

The Conservative MP for South West Wiltshire has formally served as a minister for the Foreign Office and the now-defunct Department for International Development.

In his letter he said, "the last straw in the rolling chaos of the past six months has been the unavoidable implications of Lord McDonald's letter".

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

As far as Johnson is concerned you won’t be hearing it again. By hook or by crook they will launch him into the sea. This has been coordinated, there will be more to follow.

I think he’ll escape fairly easily and it will be all forgotten in a weeks time.

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:

I think he’ll escape fairly easily and it will be all forgotten in a weeks time.

They’re changing their party rules next week so they can bring forward another vote of confidence. He’s a dead man walking. 

Just now, torahboy said:

Gullis has resigned! From fucking what?  I can't believe that retarded twat was given a position in a government - even one as fucking awful as this one.

One cunt that. Self-interests no doubt. He's been wheeled out a few times to spout shit. 

I thought I’d check in on Angie, fanatical Boris Johnson supporter and all-round Nadine Dorries wannabe.

She hasn’t tweeted since January and the Cyberboris site is now private. Her one-woman war on his enemies appears over.

Et tu, Angie? Et tu?

angie
@angelneptustar
Campaigned 3 times for Boris Johnson, and twice for Tories, now blog & tweet in his support. All comments and opinions my own.: cyberboris.wordpress.com
North Londoncyberboris.wordpress.comJoined January

I actually feel sorry for Johnson; all of these treacherous two-faced Tory turncoats stabbing him in the back, and for what?

For staying true to the sociopathic, arrogant, incompetent sexist racist values that he's always held.

Tory voters getting exactly what they voted for. Suck it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• THABET
  • Latest Round Up

• Last Match Report

• Popular Contributors

• All votes are in and the Liverpool Way 'Hall of Fame, Class of 2020’ has been decided. In the end it wasn't particularly close and the chosen four were out on their own.   As explained previously, we had a two year hiatus from the Hall of Fame but rather than skip those years we're backdating them so this was for the Class of 2020 and later this year (the break for the World Cup is an ideal time) we'll have the vote for the Class of 2021 and then early next year we'll do 2022, meaning we're back on track for next summer.   So to the voting. Robbie Fowler finally gets in after missing out on three previous occasions and he will be joined by Terry McDermott (who goes in at the second time of asking) and Ron Yeats who goes in at the first attempt. The final spot went to Ray Kennedy who also went in as a first ballot selection. 

The breakdown of the voting was as follows:

As you can see below, the good folk of the TLW forums have spoken and their four selections have all got in. Ray Kennedy just edged out Fowler for top spot in this vote and those two were comfortably clear of McDermott in third. Yeats took the final spot with fifth placed Tommy Smith missing out.      
      The TLW contributors also selected the same four. Their vote broke down like this: 

Jeff Goulding (Scott, R Kennedy, McDermott, Hyypia), Paul Natton (Nicol, Fowler, Kennedy, McDermott), Chris Smith (Yeats, Hyypia, Fowler, McDermott.), John Gallagher (Scott, Kennedy, Yeats, Smith), Julian Richards (Kennedy, Yeats, Scott, McDermott.), Dan Thomas (Scott, Hyypia, Fowler, Kennedy), Stu Montagu (Nicol McDermott Kennedy Yeats). 

Totals: McDermott 6, Kennedy 6, Yeats 4, Fowler 3, Scott 3, Hyypia 3, Nicol 2, Smith 1 
      Note: Hyypia, Fowler and Scott finished tied on three votes so the tie breaker is the public vote above. Robbie got the most votes so he gets the fourth spot in the writers list.  
        Terry McDermott - The perfect all round midfielder and delivered big goals when it mattered.    Robbie Fowler -  The Kop still call him God. Say no more.   Ron Yeats -  One of Shankly’s rocks upon which the modern LFC was built.   Ray Kennedy -  Arguably most underrated LFC player ever, certainly beyond Anfield.        

Robbie Fowler - The most natural finisher I’ve ever seen. It looked effortless but it’s a talent you can’t teach. I only had the chance to play up top with him once, in the glamorous surroundings of a pre-season friendly at Lincoln! Neither of us scored, but at least I get to say I played up front with a man who was one of our best ever strikers.

Steve Nicol - Whenever I speak to players from back in the day they talk about Nicol as being one of the biggest characters in the dressing room and an incredibly reliable performer on the pitch. Except of course when he’s taking a penalty in a shoot out when he wasn’t on the list of takers!   Ron Yeats - A much different era to me but he’s an all time great. I saw him at Melwood on several occasions and even at the age he was he still had a huge presence about him. Very friendly and welcoming but everyone knew what a player he was and don’t mess with him!   Sami Hyypia- Another giant and a beast of a defender. He was always at the front of the runs in pre-season and he was the ultimate professional. Little known fact, he scored in the game when I bagged my last Liverpool goal, against Newcastle.       Robbie Fowler - He was in the original ten but until now I hadn’t voted for him as there were always other players who just edged him out. It was an easy pick this time around though. An incredible finisher and a football genius. Robbie was just a natural, a street footballer. He played the game with the joy and impudence of a kid having a kick about with his mates and he gave us so many great memories.     

Elisha Scott - These are always tricky because not only did we not see players from this generation but there is virtually no TV footage either. I understand why a lot of others aren’t voting for players they didn’t see but I think it’s important to recognise the massive legends of the past, such as Liddell, Hodgson (Gordon, not Roy!) and Stubbins. Scott comes into that category as well as he was a massive star in his time.   Terry McDermott - I’m kind of fascinated by McDermott and he’s one of the players before my time who I really wish I’d been able to see play. Tales of his stamina are as legendary of those of his drinking. He was one of those naturally fit lads who could run all day even after having a skinful the night before. His style of play would translate well to the modern game. Box to box, scored goals (some of them outrageously good), did a bit of everything.   Chris Lawler - This was an easy pick for me but I’m not surprised he hasn’t had many other votes because he’s probably the most under-rated player in the history of the club. You might be shocked if I tell you he’s 11th on the all time appearances list. You’ll almost certainly be shocked when I tell you he’s 42nd on the goalscorers list even though he was a right back who didn’t take penalties or free kicks. 61 goals from open play from right back!! Like I say, an easy pick.     
      Final Totals: Robbie Fowler 5, Terry McDermott 4, Ron Yeats 4, Ray Kennedy 3.   
      Others: Elisha Scott 1, Sami Hyypia 1, Steve Nicol 1, Chris Lawler 1.
            So there you have it, four more legends joining the previous inductees See you later in the year when we'll have four new names (yet to be determined) joining the remaining six from this year to see who goes in as the Class of 2021. 
      View full article
    • "He jumped out of the tree and come at me wid' a chainsaw. I got a right to defend myself, Tone."
    • EDF is suing the French government for €8.3bn (£7bn) after Emmanuel Macron forced the nuclear giant to sell energy at a loss.   The company has filed a compensation claim with the Conseil d'Etat, the French administrative supreme court, over “losses incurred” as a result of a price cap extended in January.   Paris ordered EDF, which is currently 84pc state owned, to sell more of its power to French rivals at below market prices in an attempt to support households and businesses as energy costs soared.   EDF, which is in the process of being fully nationalised by the French state, said the €8.3bn figure reflected losses “estimated to date”, suggesting the price cap could cost it €15bn over the full year.   EDF estimated the changes would cost it between €7.7bn and €8.4bn when they were first announced and said it would consider “any measure to protect its interests”.   Before the measure was enacted, competitors were allowed to buy 100TWh of EDF’s electricity at a heavy discount to balance its monopoly position. In January, the Elysée ordered that cap to be increased by a fifth. Last month, EDF posted its largest ever half-year loss of €5.3bn, compared to a profit of €4.2bn a year earlier.   As well as the price cap, the company is struggling with outages. Half of its nuclear fleet has been closed for repair and maintenance, which cost it €24bn. Heatwaves have also caused problems, with EDF relying on river water to help cool its reactors. The French government has relaxed environmental restrictions linked to the use of river water to allow reactors to remain online.   EDF’s nuclear power accounted for 69pc of France’s electricity production last year, but it is expected to fall to a three-decade low this year.   Mr Macron is about to nationalise the debt-laden utility by buying the 16pc it does not already own. The government offered €12 per share, for an estimated total of €9.7bn, as it tries to shore up supplies amid the energy crisis.    In the UK, EDF operates Hinkley Point B in Somerset, which closed at the start of this month after 46 years of operation.   It is being replaced by Hinkley Point C, which has been hit by delays and is not expected to come online until June 2027.    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/08/09/edf-sues-french-government-84bn-macron-forces-sell-energy-loss/
    • That's enough to convince me.