You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Labour will win in Wakefield but I don’t get the sense that the majority will be as large as they hope. 

I hope I’m wrong, but a combination of a large number of candidates, the Labour candidate not being overwhelmingly popular among local activists, general voter apathy, and a City with its fair share of morons, might well eat away at the final number. 

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Labour will win in Wakefield but I don’t get the sense that the majority will be as large as they hope. 

I hope I’m wrong, but a combination of a large number of candidates, the Labour candidate not being overwhelmingly popular among local activists, general voter apathy, and a City with its fair share of morons, might well eat away at the final number. 

I think you could be bang on the button Yorkie, nothing more than a hunch on my part but I think you'll be proved right. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Didn’t realise Wakey was a city till you posted. Shameful really as it’s my birthplace. 

20 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Good to see rent-a-cunt Lizzie Cindy has had an effect here...

Screenshot_2022-06-22-19-33-39-27_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

The government are too thick to play society with as deft a hand as has been done in the past.

You can turn the majority against the minority, but only if the majority have got it reasonably good.

So you can sit in the south east picking up decent wages and not give a fuck about striking miners, or you can even go to your marketing job in your Audi and back to the Albert Dock flat you share with your boyfriend, mortgaged up to the hilt but comfortable enough to enjoy your life and not give a fuck about food banks.

But what happens, as is fast becoming the case, when everyone is being fucked over, absolutely everyone, except a few millionaires and their mates?

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Didn’t realise Wakey was a city till you posted. Shameful really as it’s my birthplace. 

How old were you when you left? Did you not notice the big Cathedral in the City Centre! It’s been known as the Merry City since the Middle Ages due to its reputation as a watering hole. These days it’s mostly a shit hole (the centre is anyway). 

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

How old were you when you left? Did you not notice the big Cathedral in the City Centre! It’s been known as the Merry City since the Middle Ages due to its reputation as a watering hole. These days it’s mostly a shit hole (the centre is anyway). 

Never lived there mate, mother sent to the maternity there instead of York which was closer. Does it still make me a Wezzo?

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Never lived there mate, mother sent to the maternity there instead of York which was closer. Does it still make me a Wezzo?

Well you were quite possibly born in the same maternity as me so you can claim to be a Wakey Lad, although it’s not that much to be proud of. 

We claim Robin Hood as one of ours, so we might as well claim you as well. 

35 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

What the fuck are you on about? I've answered your pathetic fucking question twice. 

You avoided the question twice and deliberately evaded giving a straight forward answer to a straight forward question. 

You keep going on about Welsh politics and never once have you acknowledged the difference in voting systems. 

You keep going on about wales and refuse to  admit/acknowledge/understand different voting systems require different approaches. 

Instead of agreeing the Labour Party in English constituencies should make a pact with the libs you want to make a pointless argument about them making a pact with ‘other left parties’ that don’t fucking exist bar one seat in Brighton. 

You’re a fucking wum and would rather argue on the internet than get the tories out of power. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

You avoided the question twice and deliberately evaded giving a straight forward answer to a straight forward question. 

You keep going on about Welsh politics and never once have you acknowledged the difference in voting systems. 

You keep going on about wales and refuse to  admit/acknowledge/understand different voting systems require different approaches. 

Instead of agreeing the Labour Party in English constituencies should make a pact with the libs you want to make a pointless argument about them making a pact with ‘other left parties’ that don’t fucking exist bar one seat in Brighton. 

You’re a fucking wum and would rather argue on the internet than get the tories out of power. 

I'd rather the Tories out of power forever, the insinuation was insulting and didn't really deserve an answer. 

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

And yet your continual posts on here show you have no interest in that. 

You just want to argue. 

You asked a silly yes or no question and I answered it. You then asked it again and I answered it again. You then became high handed and insulting. 

Now you excuse me of wanting to argue.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You asked a silly yes or no question and I answered it. You then asked it again and I answered it again. You then became high handed and insulting. 

Now you excuse me of wanting to argue.

Do you really want me to go back and quote my posts and your replies???