You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

I'm surprised nobody has ever replayed the clip, but I vividly remember when he was London Mayor giving an interview where he literally said 'I'm not big in to all this human rights nonsense'. Can't remember what it was about, water cannon maybe. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm surprised nobody has ever replayed the clip, but I vividly remember when he was London Mayor giving an interview where he literally said 'I'm not big in to all this human rights nonsense'. Can't remember what it was about, water cannon maybe. 

It rings a bell now you mention it. I mean, the Tories are barely human so why would human rights be needed.

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

I’m not surprised somebody pulled the flight. An empty plane taking off and travelling to Rwanda would have been the most Johnson thing ever.

Enjoying the thought of Priti Patel trashing her home office, kicking her husband, and screaming vitriol about lefty lawyers.

She's definitely not taking it well

_SstcJ.gif

This is so contrived and transparent.

Get the Hail readership all in a tis with a policy that was DOA as it would never have gotten through the courts, as they fully knew. Then lean in to the 'Lefty/woke human rights mob' stopping it allowing them to get the removal from the ECHR and the implementation of the 'British Bill of Rights', or something equally as pithy, and creating another divide and conquer situation with the help of the press.

Allows Johnson to regain support and allows open discussion and smooth tranistion to that Brexity of all Brexit bonuses the removal of workers/citizens rights.

Beautiful in its utter brazeness.

Just listening to a human rights QC saying the government is under no obligation to abide by the ECHR anyway, a lot of countries do not so blaming them is a red herring. The UK has never gone against it as its fairly straightforward and unambiguous and would  diminish our 'soft power' standing if we did.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Just listening to a human rights QC saying the government is under no obligation to abide by the ECHR anyway, a lot of countries do not so blaming them is a red herring. The UK has never gone against it as its fairly straightforward and unambiguous and would  diminish our 'soft power' standing if we did.

But from what I am reading it underpins large parts of the GFA so would be difficult to walk off on. I guess though Ireland can burn as long as they can show they are tough on dark coloured people.

2 minutes ago, redinblack said:

But from what I am reading it underpins large parts of the GFA so would be difficult to walk off on. I guess though Ireland can burn as long as they can show they are tough on dark coloured people.

It also comes with the caveat that a referendum on unification can/will happen if the GFA is threatened.

Glorious times.

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Quite an amazing headline really. I’m not even bothering with the comments section. This country is fucked and it’s not because of migrants. 

4F973746-EFE2-4437-BA22-AACFC6560834.png

A quick perusal shows many complaining about human rights.

Maybe someone should explain to them that such laws apply to all people,not just brown ones?

Just now, redinblack said:

Id have thought so, according to this QC they could have just ignored it but the unwritten consequences would be vast for Britain's standing in the power league.

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

A quick perusal shows many complaining about human rights.

Maybe someone should explain to them that such laws apply to all people,not just brown ones?

I think many of them are aghast that non-whites get any sort of rights. 

On 15/06/2022 at 11:07, Bruce Spanner said:

It also comes with the caveat that a referendum on unification can/will happen if the GFA is threatened.

Glorious times.

Things the conservatives voters claim to love.

The monarchy...erm 

The law...erm 

The union... erm

Money....woo!

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The absolute state of this. This fella and his ilk would happily see sundown towns/counties in this country. The chilling way he says "sending people to Rwanda" as if he sees them as people. 

What an absolute shit stain.  Wish someone would whack a brick in his grid.