You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If that's true and labour aren't shouting it from the rooftops, every show, every mps social media then they are good for nothing. Infact that applies to all political party's.

It’ll hopefully come out later today, but with all the other nonsense it might go under the radar, somehow.

20 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Heard a few people on Jeremy Vine more arsed about the fact they have had to work hard for what they've got why should other people get the help they don't get/my taxes/blah blah blah. 

I wouldn't care if I worked 20 hour days 7 days a week that anybody else got help. I'd rather see all get help rather than pride myself in my class situation. Plus I'd rather my taxes go towards other people instead of money making schemes to make the rich richer. 

I'd happily work 22 hours a day, 7 days a week for 1/2 pay on 80% tax and no holidays so that people got help

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

I'd happily work 22 hours a day, 7 days a week for 1/2 pay on 80% tax and no holidays so that people got help

No you wouldn’t. 

I suspect you didn’t read what I actually wrote but it was more that other people getting help and support is great. Regardless of what I do. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No you wouldn’t. 

I suspect you didn’t read what I actually wrote but it was more that other people getting help and support is great. Regardless of what I do. 

Tory voters have no problem with their tax dollars providing state intervention when their houses are getting flooded and they want the army to dole out sandbags.

Me, with my Tory hat on, would say why don't they stop living by rivers and expecting me to bail them out of the shit with my HARD EARNED cash?!?

The reason London has a sewer system is because the rich belatedly realised that poor people getting sick would mean they too would eventually get sick.

A rising tide lifting all boats isn't altruism, it's common sense.

By all means keep your money, but what good is it when you live in a town with no high street, where the police never turn up, you can't get a dentist or a doctor and where you have CCTV all over your house. But hey, that's me.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Tory voters have no problem with their tax dollars providing state intervention when their houses are getting flooded and they want the army to dole out sandbags.

Me, with my Tory hat on, would say why don't they stop living by rivers and expecting me to bail them out of the shit with my HARD EARNED cash?!?

The reason London has a sewer system is because the rich belatedly realised that poor people getting sick would mean they too would eventually get sick.

A rising tide lifting all boats isn't altruism, it's common sense.

By all means keep your money, but what good is it when you live in a town with no high street, where the police never turn up, you can't get a dentist or a doctor and where you have CCTV all over your house. But hey, that's me.

Tories gonna tory. It’s completely in-humane that in seeing somebody less fortunate get a leg up the first thing you do is complain that you haven’t been given one. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No you wouldn’t. 

I would! I wouldn't care if I worked for free for 23 hours a day for no pay and still paid tax that anybody else got help.

I often get the argument put to me in reply to the ‘Scouse not English’ jibe that Liverpool is reliant on the English to pay for its upkeep and to pay for benefits etc.  I counter it by saying there are probably hundreds of thousands of scousers who live in the South and pay significant amounts of tax to stuff into Government coffers.  They only reason they’re in the south is as a result of government policy which encourages gravitation towards the capital. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I'm sure I've seen that film.

He shreds people talking shite while his pulse rate doesnt rise above resting, see also the interview with Johnson. 

I couldnt find that film but seems to be a well used phrase. It fits Eddie Mair though.

6 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I often get the argument put to me in reply to the ‘Scouse not English’ jibe that Liverpool is reliant on the English to pay for its upkeep and to pay for benefits etc.  I counter it by saying there are probably hundreds of thousands of scousers who live in the South and pay significant amounts of tax to stuff into Government coffers.  They only reason they’re in the south is as a result of government policy which encourages gravitation towards the capital. 

That's hilarious.

The second city of empire I believe it was once called, yet nobody had a pot to piss in.

Wealthy Londoners did to Liverpool and the north what they did to India and Africa, turn up to exploit the place, build a little enclave of nice houses,  build a statue to themselves then fuck off with all the money.

The idea that London, which is awash with dirty foreign cash and was one of the centres of the credit crunch, to the extent that even New York bankers thought they were off the rails, is some kind of foundry of industry that powers the country is laughable. It's Palermo with better PR.

10 minutes ago, stringvest said:

The Jake Humphrey mob who think that the north is exactly the same as it was in Kes. 

A classic tory mantra is if you work hard, you get to the top.

Boris johnson is a classic example of this.Someome who has worked hard all his life and has overcome every disadvantage life could throw at him

Meanwhile those people who work 3 jobs just to keep their heard above water are Camerons skivers generation.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, A Red said:

I wouldn't care if it meant anybody got help and I'm not alone, Stig would too.

That's not what I said was it. You've chosen to take what I wrote as me claiming to be some man of the people and decided to be a smarmy tit. Read it back and respond accordingly. Or don't bother. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

That's not what I said was it. You've chosen to take what I wrote as me claiming to be some man of the people and decided to be a smarmy tit. Read it back and respond accordingly. Or don't bother. 

I wouldn't care if I worked 20 hour days 7 days a week that anybody else got help. I'd rather see all get help rather than pride myself in my class situation. Plus I'd rather my taxes go towards other people instead of money making schemes to make the rich richer. 

1 minute ago, A Red said:

For context and clarity here is what I posted which clearly implies that I'm saying regardless of what I do, I won't moan at others getting a hand out. Not "I'll work 22 hours a week for the people" 

Heard a few people on Jeremy Vine more arsed about the fact they have had to work hard for what they've got why should other people get the help they don't get/my taxes/blah blah blah. 

I wouldn't care if I worked 20 hour days 7 days a week that anybody else got help. I'd rather see all get help rather than pride myself in my class situation. Plus I'd rather my taxes go towards other people instead of money making schemes to make the rich richer. "

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

For context and clarity here is what I posted which clearly implies that I'm saying regardless of what I do, I won't moan at others getting a hand out. Not "I'll work 22 hours a week for the people" 

I wouldn't care if I worked 20 hour days 7 days a week that anybody else got help. I'd rather see all get help rather than pride myself in my class situation. Plus I'd rather my taxes go towards other people instead of money making schemes to make the rich richer. "

You wouldn't work 20 hour days 7 days a week that anybody else got help. I would.

1 minute ago, A Red said:

You wouldn't work 20 hour days 7 days a week that anybody else got help. I would.

You wouldn't. You know you wouldn't, I know you wouldn't so stop lying. 

"I would! I wouldn't care if I worked for free for 23 hours a day for no pay and still paid tax that anybody else got help."