You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61307006

A police and crime commissioner (PCC) who pledged to crack down on speeding was caught breaking a 30mph limit five times in four months.

Conservative Caroline Henry, the PCC for Nottinghamshire, appeared before Nottingham magistrates earlier after previously admitting the offences.

The 52-year-old, who was elected in May 2021, was caught speeding in four locations around the county in March, May and June 2021.

She is due to be sentenced in July.

Magistrates were told Henry, who is the wife of Broxtowe MP Darren Henry, had written a letter to the court saying she was "very sorry, embarrassed and ashamed".

Her defence solicitor Noel Philo said the letter was written on "advice I did not give".

Henry was caught speeding in a blue Mercedes and a silver Lexus with a personalised number plate in 30mph (48km/h) zones at four locations, including one near a school.

Court documents list the offences as follows:

• On 17 March 2021, on the A6005 near Chilwell's Olympia Sports Centre, Henry was caught doing 35mph
  • On 18 March 2021, on the A610 in Nottingham, Henry was caught travelling at 40mph
  • On 2 May 2021, in Woodside Road, Beeston, she was caught doing 38mph
  • On 27 May 2021, in Oxclose Lane, near Burford Primary School in Daybrook, Henry was found to have been travelling at 38mph
  • On 8 June 2021, in Oxclose Lane, near Burford Primary School in Daybrook, Henry was caught doing 35mph

On her official PCC website, Henry listed ensuring an "effective and efficient" police response to speeding as one of her priorities.

She campaigned for election using the slogan "Make Notts Safe" and promised to "reduce crime with action, not words".

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

I listened that on R4 this morning and it was a complete car crash, even Robinson was lost for words and on the verge incredulity.

The biggest problem with that line of reasoning, well two of them at least, are that firstly, where do those are already buying home brand go and secondly, the difference in home brand and branded for some will be relatively easy to cushion against, for others it’ll be a chasm and the price rises alone have taken away any potential savings already.

They may as well have said ‘Skip doing the big shop at Waitrose, just get your bits there, get the rest at Sainsbury’s, you’ll save a fortune’ they are that unaware what it’s like to be skint and go hungry.

Shower of self serving bastards.

19 minutes ago, an tha said:

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I listened that on R4 this morning and it was a complete car crash, even Robinson was lost for words and on the verge incredulity.

The biggest problem with that line of reasoning, well two of them at least, are that firstly, where do those are already buying home brand go and secondly, the difference in home brand and branded for some will be relatively easy to cushion against, for others it’ll be a chasm and the price rises alone have taken away any potential savings already.

They may as well have said ‘Skip doing the big shop at Waitrose, just get your bits there, get the rest at Sainsbury’s, you’ll save a fortune’ they are that unaware what it’s like to be skint and go hungry.

Shower of self serving bastards.

He seems to think he's cracked the enigma code, like it's never occurred to people who are skint that not spending money is an option. 

Up next, "if you can't afford budget brands have you considered simply starving to death instead". 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Double digit inflation and a recession by the end of the year.

Go team.

Yeah but... but stop complaining interest rates were 15 percent in the 80s you don't know your born. There were absolutely zero benefits of being a boomer not one! only 15 percent mortgage rates honestly people don't know they're born!

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Great, so what is Russ going to do about it?

Post all day into twitter to a load of people who already think like him. I'm sure there is a catharsis to this, but is it moving the dial?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I often wonder in like 20 or 30 years are people going look back at this period in our history and just shake their heads.

I used to think that back in the early 80's when things were really bad for my generation. Millions were out of work and skint. 

Thatchers government couldn't care less.

Fast forward 40 years and we have millions of people  working who are skint, unable to heat their homes and have to use foodbanks to feed their families knowing things are about to get much worse.

Johnsons government couldn't care less and are laughing their cocks off at the plight of the poor while actively lining their own pockets.

Looking back, the 80's were halcyon days compared to these.

14 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I used to think that back in the early 80's when things were really bad for my generation. Millions were out of work and skint. 

Thatchers government couldn't care less.

Fast forward 40 years and we have millions of people  working who are skint, unable to heat their homes and have to use foodbanks to feed their families knowing things are about to get much worse.

Johnsons government couldn't care less and are laughing their cocks off at the plight of the poor while actively lining their own pockets.

Looking back, the 80's were halcyon days compared to these.

In the 80s most 0f the North despised Thatcher. 

In 2022 huge chunks of it gives its support to a party,under who's governance,foodbanks have become part of day to day life.

Go figure. 

I genuinely don't even blame johnson.He is a privileged lying hopeless cunt who doesn't pretend to be anything else.

It's the millions of morons who think he is on their side ,that is the problem.