You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

Fucking council tax banding is a royal rip off.

Bought this house off plan in 96 so it's band D as it was under 120 grand. But now band D valuation is £417k to £569k! No fucking way it's worth that, Im guessing we'd get £275k on a good summer's day.

That valuation would put us in band C now and eligible for this council tax rebate. Trying for a regrading of band is worthless since there's only 8 houses like this on our estate and they all sold for sticker price.

Absolute fucking joke.

Doesn't take long on the daily mail to find a comment about post war poverty nostalgia and thats how we should live "the good old days". Stupid stupid bastards. 

I watched the beginning of a tv show about a killer called Bible John and it showed Glasgow not long after the war, people living in poverty, it was beyond a shithole those people didn't live good lives the idea that's something to aspire to I find fucking absurd. I remember liverpool in the 80s as a kid, playing footy on bombsites most walls having broken glass or barbed wire stuck to the top, take away the nostalgia of growing up anybody who would choose to go backwards as a society is either dumb as fuck or lived those times in a comfort they know they would remain in if it all went back.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Doesn't take long on the daily mail to find a comment about post war poverty nostalgia and thats how we should live "the good old days". Stupid stupid bastards. 

I watched the beginning of a tv show about a killer called Bible John and it showed Glasgow not long after the war, people living in poverty, it was beyond a shithole those people didn't live good lives the idea that's something to aspire to I find fucking absurd. I remember liverpool in the 80s as a kid, playing footy on bombsites most walls having broken glass or barbed wire stuck to the top, take away the nostalgia of growing up anybody who would choose to go backwards as a society is either dumb as fuck or lived those times in a comfort they know they would remain in if it all went back.

The most insulting articles are those about. 

Look you can feed a family of 17 for 43 pence a month whilst boris Johnson spends grands on wallpaper.

And people swallow this shite and elect them in again

At last some good news; crime going down. Dosn't matter about political persuasion its good news for all of us crime is falling, as reported by Priti Patel, the home office and the Prime Minister, 

Oh but hang on, oh fuck, 

They nearly told the truth,

15 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Absolutely this. I have arguments with my Mrs who says everything was fantastic in the 70s and 80s, and she completely glosses over the way some people ( but not her) lived, and ignores the utter shitness of how people lived. I was fortunate in the that while we werent wealthy I never went without food and lived in a small but reasonably clean house. There was a lad who used to come play with us, his aunty and uncle ran a pub near us, and he lived in one of the tenements off Scotland Road, I went there with him a couple of times and even at the age of 9 or 10 I was just completely appalled, I just didnt know people lived like this.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

This is the problem with liars, words become pointless. You just say crime is falling, there's more doctors than ever, and everyone knows it's bollocks to the point where there's no point listening.

Don’t forget the 40 hospitals that were built , something he repeated the other day. 

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Don’t forget the 40 hospitals that were built , something he repeated the other day. 

Yep 20’000 new police officers bla bla bla. Starmer doesn’t call him out on it although Johnson usually waits until after the last question to start his bollocks. It’s a joke and it’s only going to get worse 

Once Hoyle's knighthood is in the post maybe he will start pretending to do his job properly.

The overall problem re Johnson and his ilk is that the checks and balances of our politics relies on personal scruples to work , and up until recently this has not been a massive issue. If you are a brazen chancer who is not really worried about your honour there are very few instruments to force you from office other than your own side turning on you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redinblack said:

Absolutely this. I have arguments with my Mrs who says everything was fantastic in the 70s and 80s, and she completely glosses over the way some people ( but not her) lived, and ignores the utter shitness of how people lived. I was fortunate in the that while we werent wealthy I never went without food and lived in a small but reasonably clean house. There was a lad who used to come play with us, his aunty and uncle ran a pub near us, and he lived in one of the tenements off Scotland Road, I went there with him a couple of times and even at the age of 9 or 10 I was just completely appalled, I just didnt know people lived like this.

My nan and lots of my mums familly lived in Portland Gardens, presumably they were having fun with the name because there wasn't any greenery insight - unless you count the odd dandelion. They all kept their places nice inside but even as a kid you could see it was rough. Same with where I lived, although both my parents worked and we were OK, some absolutely dives around.

19 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Padding out the personality of their next hope for PM.

I'm glad she didn't waste time on the trivial shit like the billions written off for fraud or the massive strain on the low paid and the five million receiving benefits due to increasing inflation, intrest rates and energy prices, that nonsense just takes time away from discussing the real issues, such as good old Joe Wicks fitness regime. 

Remember her maxing out the credit card quip? 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Once Hoyle's knighthood is in the post maybe he will start pretending to do his job properly.

The overall problem re Johnson and his ilk is that the checks and balances of our politics relies on personal scruples to work , and up until recently this has not been a massive issue. If you are a brazen chancer who is not really worried about your honour there are very few instruments to force you from office other than your own side turning on you.

I can't remember a speaker as weak and ineffective as him.

When he is eventually replaced and starts looking back, I hope he realises just how completely fucking useless he was.

Hoyle thinks shouting at them and telling them to shut up so he can hear the question/answer is him being a strong speaker. He is absolutely awful and it doesn't half show why the likes of the Mail did an absolute hatchet job on Bercow because he actually pulled them up on their bollocks. 

I've just had a look at the article on the DM about the MOD/Navy refusing Priti Patels claim that they will turn back migrants in the channel. The comments section (as usual) make for some of the most depressing reading around. I can't believe how many truly evil, heartless people we have amongst us. 

16 minutes ago, clangers said:

Nice to see the governor of the bank of England (earning 575k a year) popup to demand wage restraints after a decade of wage stagnation and the fact that inflation isn't being caused by wage increases.

Watched that openmouthed, clown. Cummings wastes little time of distancing himself from the appointment before he returns do Downing St with Sunak;