You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

51 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You really should have tweeted the full rant.

I actually had the biggest 'uncle tom'  in world history Joe Frazier (and I don't really like giving the great man that name, blame Muhammad Ali) in the back of my car around the turn of the millennium for a big bash boxing do in Cardiff, I was living in Liverpool at the time and the promoter was a good mate of mine and asked me to do him a favour and drive, look after Joe Frazier, his bodycard and manager around the city, Joe Frazier was managed at the time by a fella called Les Wolfe, he was a hugh yank, big stetson and spoke more words per minute than Don King..mad as a hatter, what a few days that was. The original event was cancelled because Les Wolff fell and broke his leg falling off his horse, he was fucking mad, madder than mad, where do these boxers find these these managers? Crazy crazy people but great people, Joe Frazier really didn't deserve that uncle tom slur, Tom Watson on the other hand.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I actually had the biggest 'uncle tom'  in world history Joe Frazier (and I don't really like giving the great man that name, blame Muhammad Ali) in the back of my car around the turn of the millennium for a big bash boxing do in Cardiff, I was living in Liverpool at the time and the promoter was a good mate of mine and asked me to do him a favour and drive, look after Joe Frazier, his bodycard and manager around the city, Joe Frazier was managed at the time by a fella called Les Wolfe, he was a hugh yank, big stetson and spoke more words per minute than Don King..mad as a hatter, what a few days that was. The original event was cancelled because Les Wolff fell and broke his leg falling off his horse, he was fucking mad, madder than mad, where do these boxers find these these managers? Crazy crazy people but great people, Joe Frazier really didn't deserve that uncle tom slur, Tom Watson on the other hand.

He brought his horse with him???? 

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Recent polling showing that the scruffy blonde bullshitter is damaging the brand. 

As we speak according to Royal Sources Meghan Markle is kicking fuck out of a widows cat whilst looking stunning in $48,000 pastel floral dress that she stole at gun-point from the Queen who wets the bed every-night as a result. 

25 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Fuck me Ben Elton is Strontz?! 

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Recent polling showing that the scruffy blonde bullshitter is damaging the brand. 

Yeah things definitely seem to be taking a turn a bit. I don't think he's as made of Teflon as some people are making out at the moment. A lot of the shit he's overseeing is angering the exact type of person you'd associate with the Boris brand/cult, as well as the usual suspects. 

He's in danger of becoming so toxic the same way Trump blew it and Starmer could end up winning by default like Biden did.

57 minutes ago, Gooch said:

Yeah things definitely seem to be taking a turn a bit. I don't think he's as made of Teflon as some people are making out at the moment. A lot of the shit he's overseeing is angering the exact type of person you'd associate with the Boris brand/cult, as well as the usual suspects. 

He's in danger of becoming so toxic the same way Trump blew it and Starmer could end up winning by default like Biden did.

You think Kier Starmer has the cajones to steal an election with help from the deep state?

19F2198A-31DF-49CE-92EA-517E3F74457D.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Ladies and gentlemen, the government Chief Whip....

Mark Spencer, the government chief whip, like all whips in parliament, tends not to give media interviews. But this morning he was on BBC Radio Nottingham (he is MP for Sherwood), where he got the prime 8.10 slot.

No member of the government has managed to emerge from a media grilling about the Downing Street Christmas party last year with any credit, but Spencer deployed some novel arguments that civil servants might describe as “brave”. Here are the main points.

• Spencer said Boris Johnson might not have known about parties in No 10 because it was such a large building. When asked how Johnson could not have known what was happening, Spencer replied:

Let’s be absolutely clear about this. When you describe it as a house, it is a department of government. This is a huge, huge building, literally with hundreds and hundreds of offices and rooms. No single person could account for what is happening in those buildings. They are huge buildings.

Spencer is right about the Downing Street complex being larger than people might think looking at it from outside, but “hundreds and hundreds of office” is an exaggeration. Spencer also insisted that he was not aware of any parties taking place last Christmas, and he said he had been assured everyone followed the rules. He said:

I am assured that everybody in that building played by the rules, and that’s why the prime minister has asked the cabinet secretary to do a thorough investigation to find out and establish the facts and that’s what I expected him to do.

• He argued that what was described as a party on 18 December was probably just a “meeting” and he claimed that the leaked footage of Allegra Stratton joking about the party was not evidence that a party took place. Asked by the presenter, Sarah Julian, why No 10 staff needed to have a mock press conference “to work out how they were going to lie to us about it”, he replied:

Somebody made a joke about whether there was or wasn’t a party. And, actually, when you listen to what Allegra Stratton said, she actually said the imaginary party.

Julian said that at the mock briefing Stratton was asked if the PM condoned holding a Christmas party, and she said if there was no party, Stratton should have been able to say no. Instead Stratton said, What’s the answer?” Spencer replied:

Because there was no party, that’s where the joke was ... That’s my interpretation of what happened. Someone made a joke about a meeting that had taken place the night before, or a couple of days before, where they clearly were in the office discussing issues surrounding dealing with coronavirus, and some wag had said, ‘You were all in the office together, were you having a party?’

“C’mon Mark,” said Julian in response, making it clear she thought this was was implausible.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

As we speak according to Royal Sources Meghan Markle is kicking fuck out of a widows cat whilst looking stunning in $48,000 pastel floral dress that she stole at gun-point from the Queen who wets the bed every-night as a result. 

Fuck me Ben Elton is Strontz?! 

Strontz is far funnier. 

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He brought his horse with him???? 

No, he broke his leg falling off a horse on his ranch in America, so the visit was delayed, the promoter this end, mate of mine called Kevin Hayde asked me to step in and help as hid right hand man was at a family wedding.

Wolff made his millions selling memorabilia from the stars of the day, he was friends with Ali Sinattra and Streisand, to say he was a character is an understatement, he was also big on civil and human rights, fantastic man.

So no Wolff didn't bring his horse, he did however bring to Wales one of the most iconic fighters ever to grace a boxing ring, 

"Boxing great Joe Frazier in serious condition with liver cancer" https://www.inquirer.com/philly/sports/boxing/20111106_Boxing_great_Joe_Frazier_in_serious_condition_with_liver_cancer.html?outputType=amp

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

No, he broke his leg falling off a horse on his ranch in America, so the visit was delayed, the promoter this end, mate of mine called Kevin Hayde asked me to step in and help as hid right hand man was at a family wedding.

Wolff made his millions selling memorabilia from the stars of the day, he was friends with Ali Sinattra and Streisand, to say he was a character is an understatement, he was also big on civil and human rights, fantastic man.

So no Wolff didn't bring his horse, he did however bring to Wales one of the most iconic fighters ever to grace a boxing ring, 

"Boxing great Joe Frazier in serious condition with liver cancer" https://www.inquirer.com/philly/sports/boxing/20111106_Boxing_great_Joe_Frazier_in_serious_condition_with_liver_cancer.html?outputType=amp

Pops over to deadpool thread to see if I have any slots available. 

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

Pops over to deadpool thread to see if I have any slots available. 

I know you joke but Smoking Joe's gone, as is Les Wolff, 

the old saying "you won't see their kind again" is 100% true in both their cases. Great men.

"The Bizarre, The Historic and The Most Memorable: Les Wolff's Memorabilia Tales" https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/the-most-bizarre-and-the-most-memorable-les-wolffs-memorabilia-tales/

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I still find it mad (or maybe just typical) that Philadelphia had a statue of their fictional white heavyweight champion long before they had one of their real-life black champ.

57 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Class that. Props to you for looking after the big man.